Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, TayLanaHoe said:

Man I thought “The Grants” would’ve made me cry… it’s too “optimistic” fml. She better drop something real sad on this album (outside of the title track). 

honestly i think it hits hard, especially if grieving 

4 minutes ago, Sunset Opal said:

I can’t wait for album official release :pray2:

Conversations here will be definitely interesting….

I can already smell the negativity 

6 minutes ago, TayLanaHoe said:

Man I thought “The Grants” would’ve made me cry… it’s too “optimistic” fml. She better drop something real sad on this album (outside of the title track). 

I think that there is an extremely touching aspect of this song revolving around themes of existence, death and grieving, and the human fear/anticipation  of legacy. Big cry vibes for me. And i don’t cry to music like ever. (the only lana song i’ve cried to is Wild At Heart [don’t ask why 😭])

I think the album will continue to convey these complex questions. We don’t give her enough credit for the fact that it is extremely difficult to write about these topics without sounding cheesy — but of course she másters through it as the greatest writer of our generation imo

Just now, MJx said:

honestly i think it hits hard, especially if grieving 

Interesting how we all interpret music differently! I guess that’s the beauty of it ❤️

my first impression was mainly:

I interpret ‘The Grants’ as Lana thinking about her legacy as well as all the things/memories/experiences in her life that she is grateful for (even if they are bittersweet- like her grandmothers last smile). I interpret the “I’m doing it for us, my family line” as “I’m doing it for us **AND** my family line”.  The “I’m doing it for us” almost feels like a call back to ‘Get Free’ from L4L in which she declares she’s “doing it for all of us who never got the chance”.

I can’t put my finger on why but it almost reminds me of/is on a similar vibe bandwidth to ‘Life is Beautiful’… I think I’ll need to listen to it a couple more times till I get my final opinion though. 

I guess me & my mommy issues self was hoping/looking for something about toxic family dynamics (which she briefly touched on in BB). 

I’d only listened to The Grants three or four times when it leaked. And when it released today I didn’t really have much time to listen to it. But I just found a calm moment and closed my eyes and really listened to the song and it made me well up. Y'all its too good :kris:

3 minutes ago, TayLanaHoe said:

I guess me & my mommy issues self was hoping/looking for something about toxic family dynamics (which she briefly touched on in BB).

i think youll love fingertips :et:

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm

Not the complaining she’s too optimistic…… some ppl can never be pleased this is literally an introspective look at her life at the present moment let homegirl be happy

FzytWEW.png

just woke up from a dream where Lana dropped a new cunty track sampling Diet Mtn Dew so I’m gonna believe that’s the surprise until it drops :true:

Waking up extra Delulu this morning:bored:

1 minute ago, shadesofyayo said:

I’d only listened to The Grants three or four times when it leaked. And when it released today I didn’t really have much time to listen to it. But I just found a calm moment and closed my eyes and really listened to the song and it made me well up. Y'all its too good :kris:

i think youll love fingertips :et:

I’ve been avoiding listening to the leaks (other than a small snippet of Fingertips I’ve heard) but I’m this 👌 close to going and listening to it 😂.

10 minutes ago, hotfirehotweatherhotcoffee said:

I think that there is an extremely touching aspect of this song revolving around themes of existence, death and grieving, and the human fear/anticipation  of legacy. Big cry vibes for me. And i don’t cry to music like ever. (the only lana song i’ve cried to is Wild At Heart [don’t ask why 😭])

I think the album will continue to convey these complex questions. We don’t give her enough credit for the fact that it is extremely difficult to write about these topics without sounding cheesy — but of course she másters through it as the greatest writer of our generation imo

I cry to Wild at Heart as well! COtCC in general makes me bawl for some reason 😂
and YESYESYES people do not give her enough credit for writing about these topics without making it sound cheesy! I 100% agree that she truly is the greatest writer of our generation. None of anyone’s favs could do what she does… 

6 minutes ago, renaissance said:

Not the complaining she’s too optimistic…… some ppl can never be pleased this is literally an introspective look at her life at the present moment let homegirl be happy

Just to clarify- I’m not unhappy that she is optimistic, I was just expecting something else (mainly due to some of the things she dropped about her mother in BB)

I’m happy she seems to be doing well at the moment ❤️. She had me a bit worried at some points during BB tbh… 

Okay, so I was thinking.. and sorry to bring up the “surprise” again.. I know how hostile it makes everyone :omfg2:

but on the radio 1 post before lanas interview.. every comment was asking about tour.. and that’s also a pretty standard question.. but it wasn’t asked. Maybe it was considered but lanas team said not to ask as it’s going to be announced later. Hence the tease “and what else, I’m sure SHE’LL let us know soon.. because they want the announcement from her.

and now the “for the fans”.. the tour is a full visual show.. think Roger waters the wall shows which are incredible.

being Delulu because I’m seeing roger waters again this year so it’s at the forefront of my mind 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

2 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Okay, so I was thinking.. and sorry to bring up the “surprise” again.. I know how hostile it makes everyone :omfg2:

but on the radio 1 post before lanas interview.. every comment was asking about tour.. and that’s also a pretty standard question.. but it wasn’t asked. Maybe it was considered but lanas team said not to ask as it’s going to be announced later. Hence the tease “and what else, I’m sure SHE’LL let us know soon.. because they want the announcement from her.

and now the “for the fans”.. the tour is a full visual show.. think Roger waters the wall shows which are incredible.

being Delulu because I’m seeing roger waters again this year so it’s at the forefront of my mind 

Not me having faith in every single theory like this one I read on this site 

paris, texas is actually so stunning like wow she rly ate that  :defeated:  and even though it's piano driven 

Spoiler

there is subtle and intentional additional production that adds a beautiful warmth to the song.. and lana sings in such a beautiful vocal range like she's mother.. and the melody.. so beautiful  :defeated: it's a classic its a classic you just need to listen like 20 times to get the beauty in the simplicity and at the same time subtle accentuations in backing vocals that rly make it pop 

(wow i'm so high rn idek what im saying but ANTICIPATE paris, texas she's gonna be the DUFF of the record)

a little guessing game for funsies:

one line of the song "Paris, Texas" begins with the words "i flew back home..", after this lyric, lana whispers an ad lib under the next line. guess what the ad-lib is! it's fairly guessable using context clues i think.. it's two words!

SYML NEEDS to work with lana more in the future especially if lana continues to go down the piano/subtle melody driven song route.. she would rly benefit from a producer like him, who spends time on making intentional melodies that are actually catchy, versus a producer like drew who just sort of "adds" under her vocals, rather than guide her vocals through the track and allow her voice to rly shine.. lana's voice undoubtedly shines 20 times brighter with beautiful instrumentation like this versus in (sorry) most of the songs off albums like blue banisters and chemtrails.. everything just feels a little more intentional this time around and i like that a lot  :wub:

ok omg i said i would stop talking about the album i just had to say that bc u guys need to not go into the song expecting mid bc it's givinggggg  :pray2:

16 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I think that also applies if there is no tour. And a tour wouldn’t really be too surprising tbh. 

edit: wait I just read the full post I’m kind of moving now 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

8 hours ago, sansafuckingstark said:

Why am I seeing so many negative comments about The Grants on Instagram? I’m waiting for the album release and I don’t know what to expect anymore :noparty:

What’s the general consensus on here?

At first, Most people here loved it. But I began reading a bit more negative reviews of the song when it was confirmed it would be the third single.

personally, I love it: it is really moving and it blends so well with the title track while still not giving away on the « big songs » of the album.

3 hours ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

I hope so too because if the rest of the songs is the same ballady stuff from the last two albums, I'm done. AW showed promise in exploring a different more uplifting sound. The begining is so beautiful and powerful, then it's gets better with the coco puff part. :smokes:

I'm thinking I'm too old and outgrowing Lana, but I just got Paramore latest album and I love every song in it, so maybe I'm not too old? Maybe I'm just bored of Lana and the same ballad type songs she keeps doing. :twirls:

My ears perked up. :quote:

Its been said 7384826 times that we r getting at least 3 upbeat songs

1 hour ago, Harry Nilsson said:

it's not you who's outgrowing Lana, it's Lana who's outgrowing you because you missed to accept her change of style 

i agree the word "outgrow" is super shady and unnecessary. Conversely, i don't think lana is "outgrowing" her fans. 

It's just that her new style is a less popish and more piano heavy, and not for everyone. Some will like it a lot, some won't. But no one is "outgrowing" anyone. It's just a different style, that's all.