Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

so you said there's a chanceeeeeee

for us

:bodyisready::icant::cryney2::hair::smokeney::pout::trisha::lange::paris:

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Once again the schizophrenia of LanaBoards strikes again….. 

So far what i have learnt about Peppers….

It’s experimental.

It’s not experimental.

It’s different.

It’s typical.

Production is good.

Production is basic.

::wtf2:

Spoiler

the truth: peppers is experimental for lana seeing as her past 2 albums have been pretty much piano and acoustic guitar. it's not experimental in the realm of other artists like bjork or sophie etc etc it gives me summer bummer/brite lites/high by the beach vibes 

Spoiler

Okay. I think it is experimental because it sounds like 2 different songs into one production wise. Lana’s verses have more guitars and old school drums where Tommy’s parts are more trappy. I find the combination of both genres very different from anything she has done before. Also, it’s probably her most uptempo song ever.

11 minutes ago, Venicebiatch69 said:
  Hide contents

the truth: peppers is experimental for lana seeing as her past 2 albums have been pretty much piano and acoustic guitar. it's not experimental in the realm of other artists like bjork or sophie etc etc it gives me summer bummer/brite lites/high by the beach vibes 

Spoiler

Experimental music is something like Steve Reich's loopy minimalist music, or Bjork's Medulla, where the only instruments are human voices. 

Peppers is a trap beat with some hooks over it and a sample. Can we stop embarrassing ourselves by calling the track "experimental"?

Like, it's proper embarrassing.

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Experimental music is something like Steve Reich's loopy minimalist music, or Bjork's Medulla, where the only instruments are human voices. 

Peppers is a trap beat with some hooks over it and a sample. Can we stop embarrassing ourselves by calling the track "experimental"?

Spoiler

Experimental music is a general label for any music or music genre that pushes existing boundaries and genre definitions.

I think the fact that she mashed different genres within the production (live instruments mixed with trap beats) on Peppers makes it quite experimental somehow and something I haven’t quite heard before. It’s not the most genre pushing track that’s ever been done in music history but there is a strong element of experimentation on the track. 

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Maybe a mandatory visit into the NFR pre- release thread would help newbies not to get WP ? :true: 

a lot were given out in that bottomless pit of despair of a pre/release 

2018 - mid July 2019 we were in the PITS.

8V7Yvel.png

21 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Spoiler

did you even read my post i said it's experimental in terms of lana's music. 

7 minutes ago, Whitemustang said:

Hide contents

Experimental music is a general label for any music or music genre that pushes existing boundaries and genre definitions.

I think the fact that she mashed different genres within the production (live instruments mixed with trap beats) on Peppers makes it quite experimental somehow and something I haven’t quite heard before. It’s not the most genre pushing track that’s ever been done in music history but there is a strong element of experimentation on the track. 

Spoiler

Exactly - pushes the boundaries and genre definitions. 

Do you think Lana and Jack just invented mixing live instruments with trap? Lmao.

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

Reveal hidden contents

Exactly - pushes the boundaries and genre definitions. 

Do you think Lana and Jack just invented mixing live instruments with trap? Lmao.

Spoiler

what is the point of this discussion

2 hours ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Anyone who listens to hip-hop will know that there's absolutely nothing experimental about this song.

If anything, it's one of Lana's more conventional songs, especially compared to AW. 

That said, the song will sound much better and possibly more "experimental" in HQ. 

Hmm… Spoilers about the production of Peppers:

Spoiler

Calling Peppers one of her most conventional songs is a huge stretch and, dare I say, objectively false. This is a trap track with random guitars here and there that later on morphs into a psych surf rock track that seems to be all over the place. I listen to hip hop regularly (which I’m not sure what it has to do with anything) and conventional this ain’t, lol. 

I don’t think no one is comparing this to Arca or Björk but for Lana standards it’s pretty outside of her box.

IMG-7960.jpg

1 minute ago, Honeyyoung said:
  Hide contents

what is the point of this discussion

Oh, I didn't realize we had a school prefect on the board? Let me fill you in on our conversation. It was about....

Spoiler

There wasn't a point to it. We're discussing the album, which is what this board is for. Thanks.

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

Hmm… Spoilers about the production of Peppers:

Reveal hidden contents

Calling Peppers one of her most conventional songs is a huge stretch and, dare I say, objectively false. This is a trap track with random guitars here and there that later on morphs into a psych surf rock track that seems to be all over the place. I listen to hip hop regularly (which I’m not sure what it has to do with anything) and conventional this ain’t, lol. 

I don’t think no one is comparing this to Arca or Björk but for Lana standards it’s pretty outside of her box.

Bro! Thanks for pointing out. Will try and find it and spoiler tag it. Sorry, everyone

Just now, barttttender said:

Bro! Thanks for pointing out. Will try and find it and spoiler tag it. Sorry, everyone

I wasn’t correcting you, I was warning everybody my post contained Peppers spoilers :D

IMG-7960.jpg