Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

So you’re telling me 

Spoiler

That we’re allegedly getting a surfy bop we’ve been dying for and now you’re bitching about it being conventional or experimental or not at all experimental?

The forum is so unhinged :crying5:

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

11 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Exactly - pushes the boundaries and genre definitions. 

Do you think Lana and Jack just invented mixing live instruments with trap? Lmao.

Spoiler

Okay music expert. 🙃 I didn’t say they invented anything. I just think it’s pretty unconventional to mix a surf track with a hip hop beat that’s all, especially the way they’ve done it. I’m entitled to my opinion without being ridiculed or laughed at. You need to chill cause you sound like an arrogant knob.

9 minutes ago, Honeyyoung said:
  Hide contents

what is the point of this discussion

Some people like to show off what they think they know because it makes them feel better and superior. It’s a confidence thing really (or lack of should I say 🙃)

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I wasn’t correcting you, I was warning everybody my post contained Peppers spoilers :D

I got it in the meantime, haha. Thanks. Peppers spoilers:

Spoiler

Respectfully disagree. To me, it sounds super similar to Brite Lights, Summer Bummer, Ridin',  and, like, a million of her unreleased tracks. 

To clarify: this is not me dissing the track. I just think it's incorrect to call it experimental in any way. It really ain't.

But to each their own, handsome.

5 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

So you’re telling me 

Hide contents

That we’re allegedly getting a surfy bop we’ve been dying for and now you’re bitching about it being conventional or experimental or not at all experimental?

Ffs. Nobody's "bitching" about anythin'. 

We're simply discussing the track. And I think we're all pretty civilized about it. 

I feel like some users are just looking for drama on here because they're bored.

It's a board for discussing music, and obviously, people will disagree at times., and it don't mean shit

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Oh, I didn't realize we had a school prefect on the board? Let me fill you in on our conversation. It was about....

Hide contents

There wasn't a point to it. We're discussing the album, which is what this board is for. Thanks.

ok then. just think that calling other people's descriptions about a song "embarrassing" is a bit too much

59 minutes ago, Coney Island King said:

Once again the schizophrenia of LanaBoards strikes again….. 

So far what i have learnt about Peppers….

Hide contents

It’s experimental.

It’s not experimental.

It’s different.

It’s typical.

Production is good.

Production is basic.

::wtf2:

Spoiler

Forget about the others. Listen to me.

They sped up the Angelina sample so the beat sounds more urgent and wild. Tommy has the chorus which is  the Angelina Jolie part repeated a couple times (with Lana sometimes singing “in the back somewhere (ha!)” with Tommy. The structure is chorus - verse - chorus - verse - chorus - bridge - chorus but in the bridge there are two moments: in the first Lana seems to be talking really fast (I can’t quite figure out if Tommy is also talking or if it’s a series of Lana spoken word bits layered really quickly on top of each other) and then the track morphs into a psych surf rock that is even more uptempo and has a lot of VB-like guitars swirling all over and Lana’s ghostly vocals kind of moaning “wipeout!” and harmonizing and laughing while Tommy repeats the chorus in a muffed way. Then the track returns to the trap chorus very abruptly. 

It won’t be the most experimental track you’ve ever heard in your life but as far as a Lana track goes it’s pretty out there. There’s a considerable amount of production one can grasp with that snippet so I can only assume listening to HQ will be even more disorienting at first. Forget about comparisons to other songs of her in terms of sound - as far as VIBE goes it’s definitely Lizzy Grant bratty energy mixed with Lolita-Lana. It’s, in my opinion, a very interesting track and not remotely as dark as A&W. It’s fun, wild, kind of deranged but sexy and light-hearted in the playful way Lana can be. Listening to it while smoking a joint will probably be a whole experience. I hope this helped!

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

Respectfully disagree. To me, it sounds super similar to Brite Lights, Summer Bummer, Ridin',  and, like, a million of her unreleased tracks. 

To clarify: this is not me dissing the track. I just think it's incorrect to call it experimental in any way. It really ain't.

Spoiler

Summer Bummer, Brite Lites and Ridin don’t even sound alike imo so I think we really diverge on this one in the back somewhere (ha!)

IMG-7960.jpg

7 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Reveal hidden contents

Summer Bummer, Brite Lites and Ridin don’t even sound alike imo so I think we really diverge on this one in the back somewhere (ha!)

Spoiler

Haha! No worries, man. We don't have to agree always. That's the point of a forum. 

Also, apologies if calling the discussion "embarrassing" offended anyone. Love ya all. :hoe:

p.s. Can't wait till the album comes out, we'll have so much to unpack! 

11 minutes ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

the peppers haters and peppers experimental deniers will be crushed under the mighty fist of us pepper stans. put some RESPECT on that girls name! :beyonce:

Spoiler

Lol. I'm just happy we have another bop on the record, tbh. It's something different, for sure

20 minutes ago, barttttender said:

Hide contents

sorry to argue bc i usually don’t post rebuttals and stuff on here, but we need to realize that experimentation is extremely individual and personal. of course, something like this might not be experimental to other artists, but to lana, it may be. this is something new to her. i think it’s already been established that this record will be more experimental compared to her previous works, she said it herself in the BBC interview- this album will be remembered as “weird”

It’s pretty clear that some of you didn’t read the post about don’t be rude to the others in the thread.

anywayyy 

Spoiler

Skinny dipping in my mind

i’m in loooooooooove

3 minutes ago, hayden del rey said:

sorry to argue bc i usually don’t post rebuttals and stuff on here, but we need to realize that experimentation is extremely individual and personal. of course, something like this might not be experimental to other artists, but to lana, it may be. this is something new to her. i think it’s already been established that this record will be more experimental compared to her previous works, she said it herself in the BBC interview- this album will be remembered as “weird”

I agree.. No need to apologise! <3

30 minutes ago, Furor Poeticus said:

So you’re telling me 

Hide contents

exactly... we've been manifesting it for YEARS :pray2: 

2 minutes ago, Topanga said:

People on here becoming music critics after that rolling stone interview got me frazzled 

And this is only the pre release thread I cant imagine the bad vibes that are gonna be on the post release 

Okay I caved and listened :true:

Spoiler

And omggggg a certified bop. Parts of it are giving early unreleased Lana photobooth MV era. The “I’m in love” reminds me of west coast. It’s quite a complex song production wise especially with the transition into that surf rock part. I’m definitely gunna need more than one listen to fully grasp it so I can’t wait to hear when the album comes out. 

faSE.gif