Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

3 minutes ago, In My Feelings said:

Taste

It's giving 

and

I'm a sucker for cinematic songs.

Oh f*ck. Is it really simmilar to those songs?

Some of the best songs ever made if you ask me. This comparison just makes my excitement grow, damn 

7 minutes ago, DLT said:

For me Margaret is the only comparable track. I know some have mentioned Fishtail sounding like it is off of midnights but I do not hear that myself.  

Evermore and Did You Know are apples and oranges sound wise to me. Maybe they can be compared in the sense that they are an evolution of each artists sound but Did You Know differs in regard that it blends many different genres sounds and stylings while Evermore to me seems more tightly constructed. 

Hide contents

My personal take and just a personal take, no shade to Taylor she is a brilliant musician and business woman but she could never do what Lana does.  Lana could definitely make Taylor’s music if she chose to but Taylor could not go full Lana. I think she is a little more restrictive in that sense like she has a plan and keeps control over the way things work in that regard. She keeps herself reeled in a bit while Lana is more go with the flow, adaptive, and not scared to be a little more OUT there.

I don't necessarily see why one would react strongly to this comparison, since in my opinion it is in no way derogatory. But as I have said, I think this is the closest Lana and Antonoff have been to his work with Taylor purely in terms of the way it sounds.

Spoiler

It is true that Lana's work is much more diverse here, though.

5 minutes ago, lanitataco said:

here are more HQ vinyl pics idk if these have been shared or not since you cant select to save these images

hiding bc its a lot and dont wanna spam the thread:

Reveal hidden contents

1_0.png

1_1.png?v=1

1_2.png

1_3.png

2_0.png

2_1.png?v=1

2_2.png

2_3.png

3_0.png

3_1.png?v=1

3_2.png

3_3.png

4_1.png?v=1

4_2.png

4_3.png

These have been updated in hq for awhile now. I've been looking at these for weeks now daydreaming when I will have them in my hands lol.

Also did everyone notice how theres always a blank photo for each version of the vinyl sleeves? Maybe secret photo will be there or nothing at all? 😂

3 minutes ago, idunna said:

I love the album and TT x VB sm, but why did she think ending the album with a recycled song would be a good idea 

Because it’s about ending a cycle she started with NFR (where VB happened to be the album’s biggest moment). It’s the ultimate liberation after ruminating on so many layers of trauma. Makes perfect sense and I wish people wouldn’t reduce this as recycling a track. It clearly has a thematic purpose.

IMG-7960.jpg

Just now, Sportscruiser said:

Because it’s about ending a cycle she started with NFR (where VB happened to be the album’s biggest moment). It’s the ultimate liberation after ruminating on so many layers of trauma. Makes perfect sense and I wish people wouldn’t reduce this as recycling a track. It clearly has a thematic purpose.

And if it were any other track, it probably wouldn't make sense, but VB is thee staple 'new' Lana Del Rey song

6 minutes ago, summer bummer said:

tbh i don’t really think that taylor has any impact on lana’s music at all but each to their own — idk if that’s what you’re insinuating anyways 🫶

I dont think that either, in fact I find it interesting, that it is on this album specifically that Antonoff decided to use the same instruments as on some of the Folklore songs.

1 minute ago, Sportscruiser said:

I wish people wouldn’t reduce this as recycling a track.

!!!!!!

I'm certain if the og version of VB had leaked this forum would've lost its mind thanks to it. I guess some people will never be satisfied 

eb8fcf3e43206e82abf83c9c01bfcf26.gif

Just now, lanitataco said:

SpotifyFansFirst_470x.png?v=1677206857

does anyone know why this is the "spotify fans first" vinyl edition pls

Last time she did spotify first is was also a picture disk but for COTCC. So that's probably why they picked another Picture Disk for this release. 

Just now, Alunadelrey said:

Last time she did spotify first is was also a picture disk but for COTCC. So that's probably why they picked another Picture Disk for this release. 

what is spotify first? im an apple music girlie idk what it means. :facepalm: spotify's store front? i know they sell merch now

omnia vincit amor : LANA DEL REY behind the scenes with interview...

1 minute ago, Furor Poeticus said:

I'm certain if the og version of VB had leaked this forum would've lost its mind thanks to it. I guess some people will never be satisfied 

People are already claiming to have it but in reality its just TT x VB last part cut off and presented as the full leak of VB Demo.

Just now, lanitataco said:

what is spotify first? im an apple music girlie idk what it means. :facepalm: spotify's store front? i know they sell merch now

they send an email to her top fans/people that follow her on spotify and let you have the first chance to grab the vinyl in case it is sought after, hence spotify picture disc

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

1 minute ago, lanitataco said:

basically ppl who follow lana on spotify get "presale" links of that pressing in their email

5 minutes ago, tienmej said:

I don't necessarily see why one would react strongly to this comparison, since in my opinion it is in no way derogatory. But as I have said, I think this is the closest Lana and Antonoff have been to his work with Taylor purely in terms of the way it sounds.

Hide contents

It is true that Lana's work is much more diverse here, though.

Sorry if it came off strong. Wasn’t the intent. Just conversing and sharing my personal thoughts on the Taylor/Lana comparisons that always happen. That last part wasn’t directed to you personally. 

I can definitely hear the similarities in the track Margaret though. They all kind of play off of one another and inspire each other so makes sense.  Especially with jack being such a prolific collaborator with the two of them lol.