Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Not some of y’all being annoyed at Lana making something for “middle aged women” when the good sis is pushing 40 :rip:

Spoiler

That said, the song sample does sound boring as hell to me too and doesn’t really bring any response out of me besides “ok nice doctors office waiting room music I guess”. But I tend to be bored by most of her piano ballads at first then grow to like them more.

Yeah, I'm starting to wish she would have waited until after the New Year to announce this and release the title track. My god the next 2.5 months are going to be exhausting :air:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

4 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Yeah, I'm starting to wish she would have waited until after the New Year to announce this and release the title track. My god the next 2.5 months are going to be exhausting :air:

Imagine the meltdowns in this thread if we still didn't have any announcement :eek:

9 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Not some of y’all being annoyed at Lana making something for “middle aged women” when the good sis is pushing 40 :rip:

Hide contents

That said, the song sample does sound boring as hell to me too and doesn’t really bring any response out of me besides “ok nice doctors office waiting room music I guess”. But I tend to be bored by most of her piano ballads at first then grow to like them more.

I had to Google her age. I was surprised!

giphy.gif

3 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Imagine the meltdowns in this thread if we still didn't have any announcement :eek:

She made this monster :oprah3:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

I don't wanna go on and on about that "situation" bc that's just not the right place to do that.. but I just wanted to clarify one thing.

When I mentioned middle aged women I wasn't trying to be offensive towards women of that age or women at large, it's just the type of audio that gets used countless times on instagram and that my mom would dig.

Lana is getting more and more criticism for her age/appearance and that she's not relevant anymore because of that and I feel kinda bad for contributing to this narrative because that's just not my opinion.

:runs:

2 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I don't wanna go on and on about that "situation" bc that's just not the right place to do that.. but I just wanted to clarify one thing.

When I mentioned middle aged women I wasn't trying to be offensive towards women of that age or women at large, it's just the type of audio that gets used countless times on instagram and that my mom would dig.

Lana is getting more and more criticism for her age/appearance and that she's not relevant anymore because of that and I feel kinda bad for contributing to this narrative because that's just not my opinion.

Well said. Tori Amos has written both songs and chapters of books about this topic, especially as regards the music industry, and was doing so 20 years ago when she was approaching 40. The ‘hey, you’re not selling yourself to the public as a ‘sex kitten’ anymore,’ and then having her labels essentially find a reason to drop her contract or their option. 

7 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

I totally get what you mean. It kind of gives: “come with me on a day in the life living in Milwaukee”. I think there are just some middle aged women in this sub who probably felt a bit like you were being a VeniceBitch.mp3 :nails: 

idk about you bestie but as a Gen Z I def think we are more sensitive to how Lana is perceived in terms of “coolness” of her sound which is def indicative of the internet culture we live in.

4 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

why do y’all even come on this website if you are going to trash music we haven’t heard a single second of 😭 no matter what you’re not going to like the album when it comes out if you go into it already expecting to hate it and have very weird preconceived biases, that can’t be fun

Imagine complaining about something that hasn't even been released yet.:pls:

Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters GIF - Lana Del Rey Gods And Monsters -  Discover & Share GIFsin medias res: Gods and Monsters, Lana Del Rey

I literally am so confused about how a person on Lana Boards could not be excited for this album. We have heard from multiple sources that this will be a top 3 album with lots of variety yet some people are still hating and saying it’ll be another piano ballet album…like I don’t get it lol. 

5 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I literally am so confused about how aperson on Lana Boards could not  for this album. We have heard from multiple sources that this will be a top 3 album with lots of variety yet some people are still hating and saying it’ll be piano ballet album…like I don’t get it lol. 

But ‘Top 3’ is completely subjective. Here on LB NFR! is thought by the majority to be either Lana’s best or in her Top 3, but I don’t think that, and we know for a fact that I am not the only one here who feels that way. Most love UV and HM, but they’re not among my Top 3 Lana albums. Someone could say, “well, that’s just you, you have BAD Taste’’ but we know that’s really not accurate either, though easy to say. 

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

But ‘Top 3’ is completely subjective. Here on LB NFR! is thought by the majority to be either Lana’s best or in her Top 3, but I don’t think that, and we know for a fact that I am not the only one here who feels that way. Most love UV and HM, but they’re not among my Top 3 Lana albums. Someone could say, “well, that’s just you, you have BAD Taste’’ but we know that’s really not accurate either, though easy to say. 

just curious , what is ur top 3? no hm or uv or nfr?

4 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

It’s equally wrong to love an album no one has heard yet as to hate an album no one has heard yet. We can dream, we can hope…

1 minute ago, Vertimus said:

I'm a bit more skeptical about BOZ now because he claimed that the record was a masterpiece and weeks later he said at least one song was bad, the bleachers collab, so it's hard to know what "masterpiece" means to him, as you said it's completely subjective, can't wait to hear the grants tho :creep:

2 hours ago, fierybkn said:

I'm a bit more skeptical about BOZ now because he claimed that the record was a masterpiece and weeks later he said at least one song was bad, the bleachers collab, so it's hard to know what "masterpiece" means to him, as you said it's completely subjective, can't wait to hear the grants tho :creep:

Exactly. And there hasn’t been one LDR album so far that hasn’t had a track I don’t care for. I like LFL the album a lot, but it has at least 3 songs I dislike and never play. COCC has 1, BB has 2 (1 is the interlude), HM has 1, UV has 2 (not including the bonus tracks), Paradise has 1, BTD has 2-3 and NFR has the most at 6. 

So what a masterpiece is is different from individual to individual, though obviously there are ‘public consensuses’ among critics as to what constitutes ‘art worth keeping and preserving over time.’