Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, cherrytropico said:

i mean negative opinions are fine and sometimes entertaining, it’s nice to see a difference in opinions. but ppl hating on the syml track already rubs me the wrong way. it  feels like y’all will INSTANTLY hate anything with piano in it. that track sounded so peaceful, wistful, and nostalgic, like walking around paris on a rainy day. it was also fast paced unlike the piano on cocc/bb, so it’s something new. but as long as lana isn’t using instrumentals similar to the ones on btd/uv/hm, someone will always be hating and calling her new music boring. 

retweet :true:

nothing wrong with not liking the song but can you at least listen to it before bitching about it and stop shitting on a literal instrument 

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

22 minutes ago, TextBook said:

Actually almost every flower or plant is symbolic

Sure, but the sharon rose is an important biblical symbol, that's what I meant

Maybe I read too much into it, but we are getting a pastor interlude after all...

the thing that is more worrisome to me is not the critique on an unheard song but the comment about middle aged women being instantly boring

even the new single touches upon issues of age in a way :awkney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

retweet :true:

nothing wrong with not liking the song but can you at least listen to it before bitching about it and stop shitting on a literal instrument 

shoot if the piano was super basic like this: 

then i can see what people have to say, but it was nowhere near that bland 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

3 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

the thing that is more worrisome to me is not the critique on an unheard song but the comment about middle aged women being instantly boring

ok but let’s be real - MOST women in music are usually making very thought provoking music in their mid 30’s onward - whether you’re a huge pop star or the most obscure indie artist, the ones who usually falter are the sad exception and not the rule - and even if it IS boring… is that even a bad thing? :bebe:

edit: i could’ve phrased this a little better but i think my point came across

5oDY3ok.gif ZLI8w1N.png 5oDY3ok.gif

Can't we just ask Ben to send the tracklist to stores and platforms? :hide:

Lana probably won't post it (I bet she forgot or thinks it's out there already) and since vinyl won't be ready til March I don't think they will update the preview with the back cover anytime soon... :eek:

We only got the BB one cause it was hidden in the store before the preorder so I doubt she's holding onto it for secrecy reasons. If she doesn't post the back cover on reveal we just don't get it :thumb2:

giphy.gif

1 minute ago, the ocean said:

ok but let’s be real - MOST women in music are usually making very thought provoking music in their mid 30’s onward - whether you’re a huge pop star or the most obscure indie artist, the ones who usually falter are the sad exception and not the rule - and even if it IS boring… is that even a bad thing? :bebe:

edit: i could’ve phrased this a little better but i think my point came across

i think we should just let women live and not worry about whether or not they're "boring" because women shouldn't be obligated to be groundbreaking, edgy, or exciting :oprah3: our society is okay with men being whoever they want to be no matter how "bland" or "basic" they may be (which isn't really a bad thing to be honest) but women are held to such a higher standard... i know this is getting off-topic, but it's still an important thing to be said, so... :oprah3:

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

Do we even know if we are getting another single before the album? Taylor's recent no-single album releases with 3–5-month pre-releases have given me trust issues:defeated::defeated:Someone should confirm with BOZ or Eclipse

7 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

shoot if the piano was super basic like this: 

then i can see what people have to say, but it was nowhere near that bland 

Honestly the instrumental on Blue Banisters sounds really pretty to me and has a great ambience... the real problem with the song is the terrible lyrics, vocals, and verse melody

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, imapartygirl said:

Do we even know if we are getting another single before the album? Taylor's recent non-single releases with 3–5-month pre-releases have given me trust issues:defeated::defeated:Someone should confirm with BOZ or Eclipse

I don't care if there isn't another single, I'll settle for an album trailer or a pretty music video for Ocean Blvd.

5 minutes ago, the ocean said:

I was mainly talking about the general view of women in their 30's onward by society .

I think that most artists adopt a more mature musical style when they  grow older both male and female i think it's inevitable in a way , so I agree on that part with you. 

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

12 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Can't we just ask Ben to send the tracklist to stores and platforms? :hide:

Lana probably won't post it (I bet she forgot or thinks it's out there already) and since vinyl won't be ready til March I don't think they will update the preview with the back cover anytime soon... :eek:

We only got the BB one cause it was hidden in the store before the preorder so I doubt she's holding onto it for secrecy reasons. If she doesn't post the back cover on reveal we just don't get it :thumb2:

it’s so weird to me that they took the effort to block out the track list in the mock-ups on the website, it kinda makes me think that there’s going to be a fun interesting reveal but also that seems sort of out of character for lana at this point 😭 i have heard of track lists making it easier for hackers to get ahold of songs to leak though because they know what they’re looking for, which is also why taylor doesn’t announce her track lists until like a week or even less before her albums come out. so maybe they’re playing it safe and just doing that

57 minutes ago, Deadly Nightshade said:

lana herself is approaching being a middle aged woman. if you expect her to make super fast paced music about being needy and helplessly in love and staying in toxic relationships, you’re going to be disappointed. she’s naturally more wise, mature, reflective now, and she’s still making beautiful poetry and music. 

think about classic rock bands; did they make 10 completely different and innovative albums? no, most of them had like 2 or 3 good albums at best. so why are female artists like lana constantly expected to churn out insane new  albums and edgy eras, but someone like ed sheeran is still making the same music and hasn’t changed his appearance since he debuted? female artists have to change genres every album and dye their hair or some shit to keep people engaged with their music. it’s complete BS. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

Honestly i just want the album to have the cohesiveness of COTCC and the stand out tracks of BB

~    fantasia-seductive.gif ~

I think there's a very fine line between critique and misogyny that some people tend to tread quite frequently in their discussion on Lana :coffee: 

Anyways, outside of what we've been given from Lana herself and the little hints from insiders (allegedly lol), we don't know a whole lot about the album's sound other than the title track and the Fingertips snippet. We still don't even have a tracklist. Expect for the singular song we have, which you can not like, I don't see what else there is to not like in terms of sound yet because we barely have one :awkney:

imageproxy.jpg

Scat spammer @wendywilliams was caught by @Elle !!

almost makes me wonder if they made another account because something TUOB-related is coming soon:brows:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

29 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Isn't it far worse when a former great artist in their 40s or 50s tries to pretend they're still in their 20s? :bebe: I think it's quite normal for musicians to find a more mature style as they get older.

i love seeing artists evolve with their music. if you listen to born to die and then blue banisters, they’re both SO different yet both are SO amazingly beautiful !

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

i’m kinda scared that a song off of did you know there’s a tunnel under ocean blvd will get tiktok popular. don’t get me wrong, i sometimes enjoy hearing her songs get recognition. however, tiktok and trend fans of any artist are the death of me. this might be gatekeeping idk. i will say i love seeing genuine fans that discovered an artist through social media. generally speaking, i don’t like the mainstream tiktok culture so yes, i will be gatekeeping this newest album from tiktok’s hands. 

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b952b7b361f2f7eea0c9b4

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°