Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

2 hours ago, fierybkn said:

I really hate the SYML sample I'm so sorry it's giving those white middle aged women  filming their lonely and boring life at home for views on instagram

Go listen to Born to Die on loop for the rest of your life and leave everyone else alone

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

Isn't it far worse when a former great artist in their 40s or 50s tries to pretend they're still in their 20s? :bebe: I think it's quite normal for musicians to find a more mature style as they get older.

Sometimes artists get better as they mature, sometimes they remain about the same, but let’s be honest, some artists tank as they age. 

5 minutes ago, Sportscruiser said:

Do we have any new updates besides BOZ teasing samples of old songs?

nope, it's the Sahara Desert in here

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 hour ago, the ocean said:

ok but let’s be real - MOST women in music are usually making very thought provoking music in their mid 30’s onward - whether you’re a huge pop star or the most obscure indie artist, the ones who usually falter are the sad exception and not the rule - and even if it IS boring… is that even a bad thing? :bebe:

edit: i could’ve phrased this a little better but i think my point came across

Well, Nico wrote and recorded great music right up until her death at 49, and Marianne Faithfull is still recording in her mid-70s. Debbie Harry is still writing, recording, and performing with Blondie, and Linda Ronstadt continued to record right up until she lost her voice due to Parkinsons’ disease. Tori Amos is going strong at almost 60, and Patti Smith is still recording and performing in her 70s. Carly Simon made one of my favorites of all her albums, ‘Into White,’ when she was 64, and despite illness, Joni Mitchell recorded into her 60s—and is threatening to record again! Bob Dylan, admittedly not a woman, is doing some of his best work right now and he’s 81. Leonard Cohen literally recorded right up until his death. And I am not even including R&B and Soul singers. Look at Dolly Parton— still at it at 76. Natalie Merchant: still recording at 59, and did some of her best work, imo, in her 50s. 

Y’all act like she used to do 24/7 fast paced pop songs…

She’s doing the "moody" music since Ultraviolence, and I love that.

She just needs to bring back her little twists and turns…. aka Rick Nowels.

3-4 faster songs per album would be perfect.

Ocean Blvd sounds so far pretty promising to me.

She worked with multiple people on it & took enough time to make it perfect.

The title track combined "classic" & "new" Lana.

olivia-cooke.gif

10 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

Sometimes artists get better as they mature, sometimes they remain about the same, but let’s be honest, some artists tank as they age. 

It depends on whether they skillfully develop their style further or whether they frantically cling to old recipes that once led them to success but have long since ceased to have any effect.

Fortunately, Lana is experimental and resourceful enough and we don't have to worry here. With many artists, it's already over after two or three albums.

1 minute ago, bluechemtrails said:

It depends on whether they skillfully develop their style further or whether they frantically cling to old recipes that once led them to success but have long since ceased to have any effect.

Fortunately, Lana is experimental and resourceful enough and we don't have to worry here. With many artists, it's already over after two or three albums.

I agree. Or sometimes a new style or vision just doesn’t work, or their muse seems to utterly leave them—which of course can happen regardless of gender or gender identity. 

5 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

This. If she came back to the BTD style people would bash her for trying to hard. We are so lucky to have such an authentic person giving us 1 album per year :smile4:

3 hours ago, TextBook said:

We don’t even know the title of the song and you’re already throwing sh*t at it. You don’t waste your time… :toofunny:

I literally said I hated the vibe of the sample I did not talk about the song itself, it's giving locals on instagram can't I give my honest opinion??? there's rumors she sampled that sound and I don't like the sound in question and that worries me, we'll see how this turns out eventually but apparently it's best if I don't express any feeling of disappointment here when the album comes out :biblio:

Aging has been sorely misrepresented by so many since the 1960s. Before then and the hippy/flower children, people looked forward to maturing, growing, and evolving and taking their place in society. 

1 minute ago, fierybkn said:

I literally said I hated the vibe of the sample I did not talk about the song itself, it's giving locals on instagram can't I give my honest opinion??? there's rumors she sampled that sound and I don't like the sound in question and that worries me, we'll see how this turns out eventually but apparently it's best if I don't express any feeling of disappointment here when the album comes out :biblio:

You threw the first stone. What's wrong with being a middle-aged woman? Don't be upset that same energy has been thrown right back at you. 

3 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

imported-photo-56795.jpeg.e9728eeecbde7f

3 hours ago, lilac heaven said:

why do y’all even come on this website if you are going to trash music we haven’t heard a single second of 😭 no matter what you’re not going to like the album when it comes out if you go into it already expecting to hate it and have very weird preconceived biases, that can’t be fun

thank you for the replies- relevant or not

I understand what you're saying and I expressed the hype I felt for ldr9 many times here as well since march, it was really not that deep when I posted that and I'm sure I'm gonna like at least a great deal of the record, peace 

11 minutes ago, Fever said:

So while ya’ll are arguing I just wanted to say I hope she continues the sexy vibes for the other tracks on the album

same, i hope there's more lyrics like "fuck me to death, love me until i love myself" throughout the album. i miss sultry lana. i have a feeling some of these lyrics are about to be super wild

37 minutes ago, fierybkn said:

Anyway,

lots of Lana songs have piano in it. It could be a hope, a HIAB or even a Venice Bitch situation, that’s the point.

http://EB94-F944-4-FE0-4885-9-DE3-3-CC6-C68-A9-

The legacy