Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Fingertips said:

Also, in general, I think the album might be more successful than COCC & BB in the short term, however in the long term I think it might end up being her least streamed album weekly. I don't see how a bunch of 6-7 minute songs that seem to be very experimental will do all that well on streaming. Like clockwork, people will start dragging the album because of it :hide:

yes, but the album is way more longer than cotcc so that means more streams and also I think there will be at least one “dealer” that will get the tiktok stans

and also for giving me Margaret

Not gonna lie, the way they're gatekeeping the tracklist and avoiding it to leak and the subsequent theories and fake tracklist is one of the best parts of a pre-release album cycle, lol. But it's anxiety-inducing, indeed.

Just now, kaliuchis said:

yes, but the album is way more longer than cotcc so that means more streams and also I think there will be at least one “dealer” that will get the tiktok stans

True, and the title track is extremely stable on streaming right now and is one of her most instantly successful LP songs in years

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

True, and the title track is extremely stable on streaming right now and is one of her most instantly successful LP songs in years

I think it's doing even better than WCE and Dealer did in the start and those had big promo from Euphoria (WCE) and the tiktok/meme potential (Dealer). The title track had none of those things and it's still doing great :true:

giphy.gif

Miley Cyrus just announced her new album Endless Summer Vacation and guess what...

It's coming out on March 10th the same day as Ocean Blvd...

Lana is going to be sabotaged again 😭

Do you guys think she can still manage that number 1?

6 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

this is a modern day chemtrails vs justice :eartha: sorry but my chart-obsessed ass will not go through this again

I think we’re safe :xgiggle: 

no offense to Miley bc I actually like her music but her last album did not chart super well compared to her older stuff so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

giphy.gif?cid=5e214886568b484a15c22227dc                                  

"Baby you my Bugsy Malone 

and I'm your Suicide Blonde"

last.fm

I like Miley, but I don't give a fuck about this chart battle :hide:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

1 minute ago, For K said:

no offense to Miley bc I actually like her music but her last album did not chart super well compared to her older stuff so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Her last album did go number 2 with 60k units even tho her vinyl was delayed, so not sure about that

3 minutes ago, For K said:

she is going for big, BIG promo this time so we have the right to be frightened :ma:

and also for giving me Margaret

1 minute ago, nectarofthegodss said:

Miley Cyrus just announced her new album Endless Summer Vacation and guess what...

It's coming out on March 10th the same day as Ocean Blvd...

Lana is going to be sabotaged again 😭

Do you guys think she can still manage that number 1?

Endless Summer Vacation sounds like a HM outtake :thumb2:

I think they'll do similar numbers. Unless someone else big releases that day Lana will at least snatch the UK number 1 :true:

giphy.gif

13 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

Yeah… 

although I really don’t know where she stands now in terms of « competition »… her latest albums didn’t quite make the noise her previous ones did 

Miley is popular and the album and singles are going to make her buzz. But it's wrong to put it as if it were going to overlap Lana's album, as I've seen comments. Lana will have her audience, especially since I know we're going to have controversial lyrics. 

Just now, nectarofthegodss said:

Her last album did go number 2 with 60k units even tho her vinyl was delayed, so not sure about that

Oh okay, I must’ve been thinking of her older stuff then. Haven’t listened in awhile but I think I should bc I do like her voice :true:

last.fm

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Also, in general, I think the album might be more successful than COCC & BB in the short term, however in the long term I think it might end up being her least streamed album weekly. I don't see how a bunch of 6-7 minute songs that seem to be very experimental will do all that well on streaming. Like clockwork, people will start dragging the album because of it :hide:

It can't flop more than chemtrails did in the long term lol

19 minutes ago, GeminiLanaFan said:

The title track reminds me of Fine China, in its melancholy and sadness (clearly not for production now that we know we never heard the final mix :monica:). With a bit of the honestly brutal lyrics of NFR (« don’t ask if I’m happy, you know that I’m not »/ « you fucked me so good that I almost said I love you » / « if you hold me without hurting me, you’ll be the first who ever did » ➡️ « open me up, tell me you’ll like it, fuck me to death, love me until I love myself ») :hair:

This definition is great. I feel it too. This CD is going to be a lot like NFR in the sense of having tracks with very different vibes. :popcorn:

I honestly feel like if there is going to be bigger promo for this album it’ll happen soonish with the release of the next single. I don’t really expect lana to do any big promo but her label definitely is aware of how well she’s doing in the streaming charts right now (especially BTD which is #65 on the billboard 200 right now) and will want to capitalize on it. 

last.fm

4 minutes ago, Paris Hilton said:

Only tiktok stans care about these charts.

The part about having experimental tracks is because Tiktok is hungry for Lana tracks to go viral, and I think she's going to deliver. Even Sweet Carolina, because of the lyrics, went viral, imagine tracks like "American Whore". I already see little kids showing their eyeliner and making faces like Eilish.

And let's not pretend this isn't positive.

I think Tunnel Under Ocean Blvd will have good streaming numbers on par with NFR and even in the long-term, the single has been doing much better numbers than Dealer and Watercolor Eyes with 300k+ streams a day almost a month after it's release, and it's RISING again, having in mind it is a very long song and many on the album will be too, this is a strong indicator it will do well as a whole.

Plus it's her longest album ever and has 16 tracks which will result in more streams. 

Also her hype now is bigger than ever, she's getting 14 million+ streams a day (3rd most streamed female artist)

And if we rely on the insiders it's a QUALITY album and it won't surely go unnoticed with the critics and general public too.

The instrumentals will be richer on the album the lyrics also, as we saw on Ocean Blvd, the album really has everything in order to great in the long-term and I really hope it does!

And not to forget her managing team lost Dua Lipa and they will be focusing more on Lana and her promotion which we'll surely get with her second single and tracklist reveal, since her record label has changed and they are aware of her streaming power and charting (BTD on BB200) for sure.