Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

1 minute ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Even Grimes/Marina/Azealia (who are flops btw) can get their new releases to #1 on their page, Lana couldn’t. :deadbanana:

ok :pls:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

15 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Yeah, keep comparing the song to some of the biggest flops of her career. That’s a good look. Remy ma achievement.

7 minutes ago, American Whore said:

No, what's embarrassing is a Xenoblade stan trying to tell other people about charts but can't tell what has or hasn't released, who also compares an album with a large release to a single with no promo :yawn:

Ocean Blvd had multiple billboards and tons of playlistings. Literally over 70 million playlist reach. The most of any of her songs.

https://songstats.com/track/gsoe105r/did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd?source=spotify

Ben payola’d Spotify pretty f*ck’n hard. Dua not with him anymore pushed him to do this. The management also paid a bunch of celebs to make Instagram stories promoting the song during release week.

I’m fuming because Venice Bitch, Doin Time, etc deserve. They did nothing for those songs.

Just now, salvatorelovesyou said:

you can't expect much from a Xenoblade fan, their community itself sucks. :omfg2:

it's funny considering those games don't even chart on best seller lists at all, speaking of charts :scoff:

1 minute ago, TrashMagiq said:

Is it ever that serious

no but i'm bored :yawn:

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

Something to distract you:

I made a list with all released Lana songs that are exactly 5 minutes long or longer. We have 30 songs so far which is a good amount & 3 of them are on the upcoming album & we haven't gotten the whole tracklist yet & all track lengths,  really curious how many I have to add to the list on March 10th:true:

The list is in the spoiler & sorted from longest to "shortest". Cruel World already went from her second longest to her third longest & I'm wondering if there is another Tunnel song that is longer than Cruel World. I also made them a playlist & I can highly recommend to do that & listen to it. Her longest songs are truly masterpieces & by that logic Ocean Boulevard has to be a stunning album since we know there are several  5 & 6+ minutes songs:true:

Spoiler

1. Venice Bitch 9:37
2. A&W 7+ minutes
3. Cruel World 6:39
4. The Blackest Day 6:05
5. Heroin 5:55
6. Brooklyn Baby 5:51
7. Honeymoon 5:50
8. The Next Best American Record 5:49
9. Fingertips 5:48

10. Yayo (A.K.A) 5:45
11. Shades Of Cool 5:42
12. Get Free 5:34
13. White Dress 5:33
14. Hope is a dangerous thing 5:24
15. Religion 5:23
16. Swan Song: 5:23
17. Change 5:21
18. Yayo (Paradise) 5:21
19. Sad Girl 5:17
20. Black Bathing Suit 5:18
21. Black Beauty 5:14
22. Candy Necklace 5:14
23. Flipside 5:10
24. Tomorrow Never Came 5:07
25. California 5:05
26. Yosemite 5:04
27. Text Book 5:03
28. Buddy's Rendezvous 5:01
29. Cinnamon Girl 5:00
30. The Greatest 5:00
(31. Off To The Races 4:59)

AKA: 1
BTD-P: 1
UV: 6
HM: 4
LFL: 4
NFR: 6
COCC : 2
BB: 2
DYTTATUOB: 3 so far

Edit: Also Yayo A.K.A is 5:45 minutes long ,that makes another song that is longer then 5 minutes & I think I gonna add it real quick even though it's technically not released anymore but it deserves 

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

2 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

Ocean Blvd had multiple billboards and tons of playlistings. Literally over 70 million playlist reach. The most of any of her songs.

https://songstats.com/track/gsoe105r/did-you-know-that-there-s-a-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd?source=spotify

Ben payola’d Spotify pretty f*ck’n hard. Dua not with him anymore pushed him to do this. The management also paid a bunch of celebs to make Instagram stories promoting the song during release week.

I’m fuming because Venice Bitch, Doin Time, etc deserve. They did nothing for those songs.

you should be fuming at something more important honestly

2 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

I made a list with all released Lana songs that are exactly 5 minutes long or longer. We have 30 songs so far which is a good amount & 3 of them are on the upcoming album & we haven't gotten the whole tracklist yet & all track lengths,  really curious how many I have to add to the list on March 10th:true:

The list is in the spoiler & sorted from longest to "shortest". Cruel World already went from her second longest to her third longest & I'm wondering if there is another Tunnel song that is longer than Cruel World. I also made them a playlist & I can highly recommend to do that & listen to it. Her longest songs are truly masterpieces & by that logic Ocean Boulevard has to be a stunning album since we know there are several  5 & 6+ minutes songs:true:

Hide contents

2. A&W 7+ minutes
10. Shades Of Cool 5:42
11. Get Free 5:34
12. White Dress 5:33
13. Hope is a dangerous thing 5:24
14. Religion 5:23
15. Swan Song: 5:23
16. Change 5:21
17. Yayo 5:21
18. Sad Girl 5:17
19. Black Bathing Suit 5:18
20. Black Beauty 5:14
21. Candy Necklace 5:14
22. Flipside 5:10
23. Tomorrow Never Came 5:07
24. California 5:05
25. Yosemite 5:04
26. Text Book 5:03
28. Buddy's Rendezvous 5:01

Thank you!!! And wow: 30 songs over 5 minutes?? No wonder I Stan that (Venice) Bitch!!! :hair:

if you're so invested into why ocean boulevard didn't show up at the top of her spotify page, it's likely because songs like summertime sadness, and young and beautiful will always have way more streams at any given time because they're known by the GP, casual listeners, etc. ocean boulevard may only be listened to by actual fans

it shouldn't matter if it only gets 500 streams a day, there's no reason to hate on her like this, she's in a great spot of her career, she has millions of fans, but also has the ability to do whatever she wants with her work, basically, not many artists can say that, she doesn't release garbage, soulless stream-grabs for tiktok, she hasn't gone towards a mainstream sound just to succeed on the charts, we should be happy about that everyday

WGe8ynS.gif

1 minute ago, kaliuchis said:

title track found stability at 300k daily. That is a LOT considering the minimal to zero promo it got 

It has more playlisting reach than Summertime Sadness bfr.

Ocean:

SS:

https://songstats.com/track/h817b3ke/summertime-sadness?source=spotify

3 minutes ago, Ocean Boulevard said:

Reveal hidden contents

2. A&W 7+ minutes
10. Shades Of Cool 5:42
11. Get Free 5:34
12. White Dress 5:33
13. Hope is a dangerous thing 5:24
14. Religion 5:23
15. Swan Song: 5:23
16. Change 5:21
17. Yayo 5:21
18. Sad Girl 5:17
19. Black Bathing Suit 5:18
20. Black Beauty 5:14
21. Candy Necklace 5:14
22. Flipside 5:10
23. Tomorrow Never Came 5:07
24. California 5:05
25. Yosemite 5:04
26. Text Book 5:03
28. Buddy's Rendezvous 5:01

All of these songs are her best...

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

17 minutes ago, Xenoblade 3 said:

You’re as good as your last album. Can we compare Blue Banisters numbers?

Blue Banisters was a different situation. The album had almost no promo, not a very appealing cover photo, a lot of unrecognized (first) singles and was released only some months after Chemtrails.

Now it looks like a lot more effort is being put into it. We also have a lot of collabs. If Lana and her team want to push an album up the charts, I think they could outdo Miley as well.

Just now, Surf Noir said:

it shouldn't matter if it only gets 500 streams a day, there's no reason to hate on her like this, she's in a great spot of her career, she has millions of fans, but also has the ability to do whatever she wants with her work, basically, not many artists can say that, she doesn't release garbage, soulless stream-grabs for tiktok, she hasn't gone towards a mainstream sound just to succeed on the charts, we should be happy about that everyday

I am a devils advocate for being a hater, let them be critical !!! But I'll be critical back by saying that xenoblade COULD balance it out by saying something they do like about Lernuh every now n then, I'm curious?!? What era do they enjoy

2 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Blue Banisters was a different situation. The album had almost no promo, not a very appealing cover photo, a lot of unrecognized (first) singles and was released only some months after Chemtrails.

Now it looks like a lot more effort is being put into it. We also have a lot of collabs. If Lana and her team want to push an album up the charts, I think they could outdo Miley as well.

Yeah and let’s not kid ourselves that a triple single release of singer-songwriter material about passed trauma, with subtle production, doesn’t scream « hit » to the GP :thumb3:

I just really don’t understand why people care about Lana’s charts at this point in her career. She has her money, she has her legacy, and charting isn’t and never has been a goal or priority of hers. Why are you looking to Lana for those things lol, go listen to like Ariana or something if the commercial performance of your favorite artists is that important to you