Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

Also, am I the only one kind of loving the silence? It’s building so much tension. I love that she doesn’t have a release formula like most mainstream artist.

Based on what BOZ said about it being an experience I’m glad she’s not dropping a bunch of random singles. Giving us the title track and going radio silent for three months about it is perfect. Idk why either the label or management won’t allow a surprise drop but this is the closest we’re gonna get to that for now.

Spoiler

Waiting for her visual album for the surprise drop ala Beyonka :trisha:

Just now, Venice Peach said:

I think she truly wanted to just surprise release this album digitally and her label said no. So she had to announce it early with a single for sales reasons but her intention is once again to just release the album and that's it.

This rollout feels way better just cause we didn't have 6 months early singles and fake dates but I don't expect any huge promotion or LFL levels of content.

I still think a second single and MV are the bare minimum tho so I think we'll get that at least :bebe:

yea LFL is never happening again, like ever :lange: 

2 minutes ago, tulsa said:

not really. i had no enthusiasm for cocc and bb cause i knew she wasnt content with either of them, and that was pretty noticeable given how she talked about COCC in interviews and how little effort she put into BB. what i meant with "she has a plan" is that the album rollout is pretty solid because she's very confident in what she's doing. she took her time, she did a photoshoot, she had MULTIPLE producers on an album that has 0/16 reused tracks (first time this happens since Honeymoon, 7 years ago). i know we had a bad time these past 2 eras but this new one looks very promising (music wise, it's obvious there arent going to be any interviews)

true! We’ll see I guess,  I really do wish she put in more effort but you know we gotta stay a bit cautious in hoping for that because hope is a dangerous thing for lana stans to have :true:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

1 minute ago, BoDaToe said:

Also, am I the only one kind of loving the silence? It’s building so much tension. I love that she doesn’t have a release formula like most mainstream artist.

Based on what BOZ said about it being an experience I’m glad she’s not dropping a bunch of random singles. Giving us the title track and going radio silent for three months about it is perfect. Idk why either the label or management won’t allow a surprise drop but this is the closest we’re gonna get to that for now.

Reveal hidden contents

Waiting for her visual album for the surprise drop ala Beyonka :trisha:

Couldn't be me, I want interviews and a trailer and single. IM RAVENOUS!!!!! but I know I won't be fed until march 10th :(

The only thing I think is deliberate is the fact that she wants us to hear the record as a whole without too much spoilers cause Lana absolutely loves to release random songs at any chance she has so that's the real difference between this record and the past 3

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

I think she truly wanted to just surprise release this album digitally and her label said no. So she had to announce it early with a single for sales reasons but her intention is once again to just release the album and that's it.

This rollout feels way better just cause we didn't have 6 months early singles and fake dates but I don't expect any huge promotion or LFL levels of content.

I still think a second single and MV are the bare minimum tho so I think we'll get that at least :bebe:

Lol you beat me to it but I basically said the same thing.

I think we’ll get a second single and MV but probably on actual release day and not before. I agree that I think she wanted a surprise drop and this is the closest we’re getting. Not a surprise but the mystic is thicc

I think we'll get at least one more track, but it might be something like "Sweet" for February/Valentine's Day. I don't think she wants the best of the best out there before the album like she did in the past.

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

2 minutes ago, kraljicabenzinske said:

true! We’ll see I guess,  I really do wish she put in more effort but you know we gotta stay a bit cautious in hoping for that because hope is a dangerous thing for lana stans to have :true:

LMAOO no i know that the effort for promo this era will continue to be null (and will continue to be null forever) but she looks happy with this album thats what i meant. these past eras.. :defeated: she wanted to throw the whole records away 

as arduous as the lack of content this album cycle so far has been, this is literally the smoothest things have gone as a fan in a lana era since Honeymoon. no fake dates, no album title changes, no leaks of the lead single (though it was close), no controversy, no singles a year before the album release

Just now, lilac heaven said:

as arduous as the lack of content this album cycle so far has been, this is literally the smoothest things have gone as a fan in a lana era since Honeymoon. no fake dates, no album title changes, no leaks of the lead single (though it was close), no controversy, no singles a year before the album release

The real controversy is probably in the lyrics :eek: and I'm excited for it :dance:

giphy.gif

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

wait until she uploads a black and white video on Honeymoon wearing cornrows defending the Pastor Interlude

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Fingertips said:

wait until she uploads a black and white video on Honeymoon wearing cornrows defending the Pastor Interlude

:oprah2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

yes we only have a buch of fake song titles which are carrying the mess of this era on their backs :defeated:

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

Just now, VioletBunny said:

well. this remains to be seen:xgiggle:

we have a preorder at least so it’s better than having to endure May 26th, the top of 2019, September 5th, and July 4th :wowcry:

when the release date randomly changes on iTunes at the end of February and says that the album is delayed until June and lana doesn’t even mention it

i wonder if she's already working on the next one after this, since this album is finished and is clearly ready for release in 2 months time, like... who knows, maybe she's got another one on the stove :squidward:

i'm only thinking about it bc she didn't say much around the pre-release of cocc or blue banisters, she kinda just told us, it released and that was that. she might've said something after but then she moved on. cocc dropped and right away she was announcing an album (of course it got delayed but regardless)

i'm also wondering if this is another album like that. or if this is supposed to be a closer to the cocc, blue banisters, dick tattoo trilogy. it's weird though bc for the longest time, we all thought there was a trilogy effect here with lana's albums -- btd, uv, hm; lfl, nfr, cocc; but that would put us at blue banisters right now so that'd be the next beginning to a trilogy, or lfl and nfr either stand alone or are a duology together. maybe a cocc, bb, dick tattoo is a "my story" trilogy but then it's also interesting too bc this could be another middle album with a black and white album cover, like uv, in this trilogy if it's BB > dick tattoo > LDR10

it's also interesting, i haven't seen anyone talk about this much if at all but there's not a vehicle again this album. not one for an alt artwork, not for anything whatsoever unless there's another exclusive retail version we haven't seen yet :slayty:

watch dick tattoo be the closest thing we'll ever get to a uv 2.0 that people have wanted since 2014

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

we have a preorder at least so it’s better than having to endure May 26th, the top of 2019, September 5th, and July 4th :wowcry:

when the release date randomly changes on iTunes at the end of February and says that the album is delayed until June and lana doesn’t even mention it

every time we talk about certain dates i cannot help but to think the lana community suffers from the most severe PTSD out of all fandoms :lange: just reading those dates makes me physically ill