Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Pre-Release Thread: OUT March 24th, 2023

22 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

I lowkey think she made it a&w to not allow there to be immediate venice bitch comparisons since the titles are very similar 

Blue Banisters
Blue Jeans
Blue Velvet

Doin' Time
Summertime (The Gershwin Version)
Summertime Sadness

Summer Wine

Summer Bummer

Love
Love song

Groupie Love

Sad Girl

Your Girl
Cinnamon Girl
Stargirl Interlude

similarity in titles is certainly one thing she's NOT worried about

This might be an unpopular opinion but i think A&W is a much better title than American Whore :true:

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

Just now, Blue Ribbon said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but i think A&W is a much better title than American Whore :true:

I agree. :et:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, Blue Ribbon said:

i personally prefer A&W but American Whore would attract people's attention. and that's the exact reason why i think Lana decided to name it A&W, so it doesnt blow up lmao we know she likes to stay low profile

Just now, Honeyyoung said:

Blue Banisters
Blue Jeans
Blue Velvet

Doin' Time
Summertime (The Gershwin Version)
Summertime Sadness

Love
Love song

Groupie Love

Sad Girl

Your Girl
Cinnamon Girl
Stargirl Interlude

similarity in titles is certainly one thing she's NOT worried about

I mean I think using one very common word like girl, blue and love is slightly different than like “specific place - specific slang term for woman”  

no one is going to automatically compare blue jeans and blue banisters because they have the word blue in them. They are clearly about very different things. 

12 minutes ago, fishtails said:

If "this is the experience of an American whore" is really a lyric from the song, I wonder where the "J" comes in after that

I still think the AW&J means "American whore and Jesus" although I guess it could also be "Jim" lol

So "this is the experience of an American whore, and Jesus....."

Or Jack... or Jimmy :thumb2:

giphy.gif

29 minutes ago, littleredpartydress said:

“specific place - specific slang term for woman”  

not you saying “whore” is slang term for “woman” :bebe: like ik what you mean but…:um3: a slang term for “woman” would be like “gal” or someshit. not a misogynistic slur which has been used to dehumanise women for years… IDM women reclaiming it but pls :xcry: "woman" is not interchangeable w  "whore" or "bitch" etc 

I think (and someone said this here already) that she simply named it A&W cus she probably didn’t want to have the word whore in the tracklist, I personally love it ofc it’s iconic, but it’s a much more vulgar world than “bitch” in VB so she probably wanted to keep it at least somewhat family friendly and not come across as in bad taste. She’s a god-honouring woman after all :true: 

this is probably also why NFR cover  had a version with abbreviation on it instead of the full title + the word “fucking” was censored in some places

giphy.gif

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐠𝐨𝐨𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐩𝐨𝐞𝐭𝐫𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

*:・゚✧*:・゚✧✿☆𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐧𝐞𝐬𝐬 𝐢𝐬 𝐦𝐲 𝐥𝐞𝐠𝐚𝐜𝐲☆✿✧・゚: *✧・゚:*

5 hours ago, bewhitehotforever said:

off topic but whoever is in your pfp has blessed my eyes :twirls:

that’s me lol but thank you!

5 hours ago, Big Star said:

the thing that discredits that message is that Lana has already been booked for a festival...

I moved for a second..:bebe:

“…and this is all I looked for all my life – to be able to give of my love, my spontaneous joy, unreservedly, with no fear of…misuse, betrayal.”
Sylvia Plath 

the day is the 9th of march. the clock is ticking down. you glance down at your phone, its 10:38pm. you're bravely anticipating the hot release of the decade (namely 'Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd') by singer/songwriter/legend lanita del rey. you're nervous as all the information we have is the icon cuntsugi spill from a few months ago as a bead of sweat rolls down your forehead. without hesitation, you jump on lanaboards dot cum to see the excitement over the releases from other timezones and see spoiler tags which you narrowly avoid as you want the album to be a shock from the start. you close your laptop and decide to play the best album of all time (ultraviolence) to pass the time until midnight. you have an entire play through of the album and you check your phone again; the time is now 11:59pm. the bead of sweat evolves into a flow of skittish yet excitable energy. you suddenly jump up and get ready to go for a walk as you do with all lanita delay releases first listens. you put your coat on to brave the cold march night in your suburban homestead. your arm gets caught on your sleeve and the urgent desperation sets in. the clock has hit midnight as your coat falls on your back. its out. you rush outside as to not miss the once in a lifetime event. you take your phone out of your pocket and navigate your numb fingers over the touchscreen to spotify, where a pop-up extends it's welcome to you, and advertises the brand new release. a smile erupts across your face as you click the link. the extenuation of excitement has now pumped through every crevice of your body as lanitas stunning face greets you on the cool toned, almost subdued album cover. you realise the moment is finally here after over a year of waiting and your fingers hover over the first track, 'The Grants'. they suddenly lower as you take a deep breath. 

you are suddenly met with the roar of a full orchestra, your entire senses overwhelmed as the 30 second orchestral instrumental intro passes its way through your ear canal and into your brain membranes, creating new neuron paths due to the sheer beauty. the track falls silent at the 30 second mark. you stop in your tracks, wondering what she will do next. as if from nowhere, lanitas sultry voice greets you for the first time, and the words pass her lips into your headphones...

boom like that 

the end :true:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

10 minutes ago, burthday kake said:

Wikipedia also says its the oldest food chain in America which I think is somewhat worth noting:oic3:given the themes of the title track.. "dont forget me", seemingly a fear of aging etc.

This is a really good point! A lot of people dismiss A&W as a trashy fast food chain and even if that's true, there's still a lot of history to it's story that most people don't know about, like it being the oldest in America. It's like everyone's story is distilled down to the headlines and the details of our lives are often ignored, just like Lana's story has been disregarded by so many people and she's seen as an American Whore. 

#reachingforametaphor :brows:

1 hour ago, Thoth said:

Maybe A&W abbreviation gives other deeper meanings to the song. We don’t know much about it expect for a line but for example if it’s about experience of being a woman or famous woman, it can also stand for Amy & Whitney etc.

amy, whitney and J…anis?

and also for giving me Margaret

55 minutes ago, Blue Ribbon said:

Agree. It is classy and camp. American Whore would’ve been iconic but sealing it with an abbreviation like that gives it too much meaning ! 

44 minutes ago, Venice Peach said:

Or Jack... or Jimmy :thumb2:

or JERRY

and also for giving me Margaret

5 minutes ago, kaliuchis said:

amy, whitney and J…anis?

Or Amy Winehouse & Janis... even though I doubt she's using AW as Amy Winehouse and American Whore in the same song :hide: it would be really insensitive 

"American Whore & Jesus" makes the most sense since the next song is the pastor interlude :bebe:

giphy.gif

8 minutes ago, DCooper said:

This is a really good point! A lot of people dismiss A&W as a trashy fast food chain and even if that's true, there's still a lot of history to it's story that most people don't know about, like it being the oldest in America. It's like everyone's story is distilled down to the headlines and the details of our lives are often ignored, just like Lana's story has been disregarded by so many people and she's seen as an American Whore. 

#reachingforametaphor :brows:

My go-to Lana scholar :gclap:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.