Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

1 minute ago, LanaBalkana said:

I’m almost 100% certain that it’s thrive as I can here the th sound with headphones on. Leaning on my back probably is also the correct one as it makes most sense. Spotify has “Lennon” while Apple Music has “leaning IN” omg the mess

John Lennon produced "Don't Forget Me" so it would also make sense :crying5:

4 minutes ago, Chemtrail said:

Definitely! So were the full lyrics for If You Lie Down with Me

You're right! I looked and it was there, the way you had it. It's so weird, I had it totally wrong :thumb3:

god now i KNOW i need this album in a duplicate so i can see the lyrics sheet 

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

i can't help but feel somewhat like lana's post marred us and our release date expectations :ohmy:

i love the reference but i truly do think lana says "mind".. when did we all agree it was marred 😭 someone needs to ask lana bc she never writes her own official lyrics it's always her team - she cba writing it all out 😭

14 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

i love the reference but i truly do think lana says "mind".. when did we all agree it was marred 😭 someone needs to ask lana bc she never writes her own official lyrics it's always her team - she cba writing it all out 😭

bc it doesn't really make much sense as "i can't help but feel somewhat like my body mind my soul", "my body marred my soul" says a lot more and seems a lot deeper. Like the idea that her beauty has ruined her -- wanting to be more beautiful for someone else, for press, for whatever and it scarred her soul. and then the line following, "handmade beauty sealed up by two man made walls and i'm like whens it gonna be my turn?" so she's asking when those dynamics of beauty will no longer be made by man (i.e., press, instagram, the internet, everyone else) but by her? when will she get her turn to make her own beauty standards that she's okay to fit within?

i was a mind-er too at first listen, but marred makes too much sense in the context of the rest of that verse

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

50 minutes ago, American Whore said:

bc it doesn't really make much sense as "i can't help but feel somewhat like my body mind my soul", "my body marred my soul" says a lot more and seems a lot deeper. Like the idea that her beauty has ruined her -- wanting to be more beautiful for someone else, for press, for whatever and it scarred her soul. and then the line following, "handmade beauty sealed up by two man made walls and i'm like whens it gonna be my turn?" so she's asking when those dynamics of beauty will no longer be made by man (i.e., press, instagram, the internet, everyone else) but by her? when will she get her turn to make her own beauty standards that she's okay to fit within?

i was a mind-er too at first listen, but marred makes too much sense in the context of the rest of that verse

idk.. i think she could be saying that her body, mind, and soul, all come together in lana's comparison of herself to the tunnel

21 minutes ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

idk.. i think she could be saying that her body, mind, and soul, all come together in lana's comparison of herself to the tunnel

Her pronunciation has always been questionable, remember when people thought she was saying « Jake is running bare feet » in BB when it was in fact « Chickens running bare feet »

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

1 hour ago, American Whore said:

^agree with this. It’s definitely marred.

And great lyrical analysis Lanaboards 👏

I think this song offers us so much insight into Lana’s current psyche — possibly why she doesn’t care as much about beauty and aesthetic as much as she used to. And it’s interesting how almost her production and lyrical content as of late echoes the sentiment of Tunnel — stripping everything back to find the heart/‘handmade’ beauty. A search for the true self

Lana really lives by the idea of making her life into a work of art. I think the younger kids will grow to appreciate her sonic and lyrical shift as they get older.

the 𝓛𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷' 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝓪𝓻 "𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓮" line really paints such a sweet wholesome image in my mind, 

John Lennon was a symbol of peace & positivity in his days with songs like Imagine, Mind Games etc. plus the many sweet Beatles ones, Let It Be for example.

I can really imagine him, one of Lanas important idols/inspos, almost like hugging her from behind, encouraging her to do her best & reach for the stars..

not just once, but time & time again :cryney2: comforting her, inspiring her & letting her know that "its never too late,baby,so dont give up" :crying4:

4 hours ago, burthday kake said:

the 𝓛𝓮𝓷𝓷𝓸𝓷 𝓲𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓮 𝓫𝓪𝓬𝓴 𝔀𝓱𝓲𝓼𝓹𝓮𝓻𝓲𝓷' 𝓲𝓷 𝓶𝔂 𝓮𝓪𝓻 "𝓒𝓸𝓶𝓮 𝓸𝓷 𝓫𝓪𝓫𝔂, 𝔂𝓸𝓾 𝓬𝓪𝓷 𝓽𝓱𝓻𝓲𝓿𝓮" line really paints such a sweet wholesome image in my mind, 

John Lennon was a symbol of peace & positivity in his days with songs like Imagine, Mind Games etc. plus the many sweet Beatles ones, Let It Be for example.

I can really imagine him, one of Lanas important idols/inspos, almost like hugging her from behind, encouraging her to do her best & reach for the stars..

not just once, but time & time again :cryney2: comforting her, inspiring her & letting her know that "its never too late,baby,so dont give up" :crying4:

she says leaning, no? lennon was a vile man.

10 minutes ago, judah slut interlude said:

she says leaning, no? lennon was a vile man.

possibly i guess, though leaning doesnt rly make sense 2 me whereas John produced "Dont Forget Me" /the album Pussycats for Harry Nilsson so that would make a lot of sense

IDK much about his personal life, he got shot & is dead now anyway so I dont feel an urge to rip on him atp. 

It was just my intepretation since Lana references him/the beatles a lot & even is friends w his son,

his work obviously means a lot to her. And you can seperate art from the artist afterall.

She definitely says "Lennon" in Ocean Blvd

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

Just now, paris texas said:

oh my GOD lana says john lennon's name in her new single. she is CANCELLED!!! he was such a BAD man and she is so evil for saying his NAME in her SONG!!!!!11!!!!

CANCELLED!!!

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating.