Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

11 minutes ago, DrunkBeautyQueen said:

I’m curious how everyone has interpreted the lyrics/meaning of the song? 

No super deep analysis here, but to me, she's comparing herself to the forgotten tunnel. Her inner beauty/personality is like the "mosaic ceilings, painted tiles on the wall" of the tunnel, but no man has wanted to explore her inner beauty/personality. They suppress it instead, just like the walls that form the structure of the tunnel but are covered with the mosaic painted tiles on the inside ("Handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls"). 

No men have cared enough to actually get to know the real her. She wants to know when it's her turn for a man to actually love her for her ("When's it gonna be my turn?") The suppression and apathy around her true self causes her to lose confidence in herself, relying on sex and his supposed love to make her love herself again ("Fuck me to death, love me until I love myself").

The woman in the second verse feels like another metaphor for Lana and the tunnel. She sings Hotel California, not because she enjoys it, but because she thinks it's what men want from her and will lure them in enough to want to know her inner beauty. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

3 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

No super deep analysis here, but to me, she's comparing herself to the forgotten tunnel. Her inner beauty/personality is like the "mosaic ceilings, painted tiles on the wall" of the tunnel, but no man has wanted to explore her inner beauty/personality. They suppress it instead, just like the walls that form the structure of the tunnel ("Handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls"). 

No men have cared enough to actually get to know the real her. She wants to know when it's her turn for a man to actually love her for her ("When's it gonna be my turn?") The suppression and apathy around her true self causes her to lose confidence in herself, relying on sex and his supposed love to make her love herself again ("Fuck me to death, love me until I love myself").

The woman in the second verse feels like another metaphor for Lana and the tunnel. She sings Hotel California, not because she enjoys it, but because she thinks it's what men want from her and will lure them in enough to want to know her inner beauty. 

Wow this analysis is art itself 

the sexual lyrics would probably feel so cringy and out of place if anybody else sang them, but lana makes them sound emotive and heavy, she is really doing it with this new track! :hair: 

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

1 minute ago, Surf Noir said:

because of you: "love me to death"

ocean boulevard: "fuck me to death"

well, different wording, but similar impact! lol

twitter: You’re boring me to death and I’m already dead

and also for giving me Margaret

Just now, Surf Noir said:

the sexual lyrics would probably feel so cringy and out of place if anybody else sang them, but lana makes them sound emotive and heavy, she is really doing it with this new track! :hair: 

Lana’s always been good at making sexual lyrics quite melancholic. I love it so much, it’s such a juxtaposition 

imageproxy.jpg

17 minutes ago, Urbanney said:

No super deep analysis here, but to me, she's comparing herself to the forgotten tunnel. Her inner beauty/personality is like the "mosaic ceilings, painted tiles on the wall" of the tunnel, but no man has wanted to explore her inner beauty/personality. They suppress it instead, just like the walls that form the structure of the tunnel but are covered with the mosaic painted tiles on the inside ("Handmade beauty sealed up by two man-made walls"). 

:wowcry:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

I'm usually a vibes bitch, not a lyrics bitch, but I made a concerted effort for once to pay attention to the lyrics of this song, and they are my favorite part of the song ???

I've been listening to her for 10 years, but like, are her lyrics/song meanings always this good and I've just never noticed? :hdu: 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

The lyrical content of the song is just so complex, relatable and heartbreaking. The usage of the tunnel and references to it are done in such a compelling way. I really am finding myself falling in love with the title track so quickly 

imageproxy.jpg

i know it literally just came out today but i definitely feel like this is a song i'll enjoy and come back to throughout my whole life, it's just such a nice, pleasant song, even with the striking lyrics :creepna2: how can she make a lyric such as "fuck me to death" sound so romantic and ...humble? matured? :hair: i'll be 40 and thriving while listening to ocean boulevard, enjoying all of the happy, beautiful things my life has to offer! :heart: giphy.gif

Glitter Graphics: the community for graphics enthusiasts!kendrick Longie (jaydon23longie) - Profile | Pinterest Fireworks - Jitter.Bug.girl, fireworks , glitter , gif - Free animated GIF  - PicMix

This probably has nothing to do with anything, but I just think it’s cute that Ocean Boulevard and God Knows I Tried both have references to Hotel California. She was singing that song in Italy a few months ago 

imageproxy.jpg

2 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i know it literally just came out today but i definitely feel like this is a song i'll enjoy and come back to throughout my whole life, it's just such a nice, pleasant song, even with the striking lyrics :creepna2: how can she make a lyric such as "fuck me to death" sound so romantic and ...humble? matured? :hair: i'll be 40 and thriving while listening to ocean boulevard, enjoying all of the happy, beautiful things my life has to offer! :heart: giphy.gif

So happy you're enjoying this one :wowcry:

Although, I do find this song to be devastating :sadcore4:

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

also, the yearning in her voice when she says "when's it gonna be my turn?" i can just FEEL it! it really strikes a chord, when you're waiting around, still waiting for happy times to finally arrive, still waiting for your dreams to come true, there's a lot of hope in this song, a feeling of secure freedom, but also a feeling of stagnation, a feeling of sadness, it's so complex, i seriously love this song, it gets better with every listen! :hair: