Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd

Is anybody else’s favorite part of the track the opening with the exhale? It just relieves my stress and I kind of exhale along with it…like it just reminds me to relax and take it easy ♥️

d4yQCBo.jpg
The Log Lady [to Laura]: “When this kind of fire starts, it is 
very hard to put out. The tender boughs of innocence burn first, and the wind rises, and then all goodness is in jeopardy.”

On 12/7/2022 at 5:30 PM, Elle said:

I can't help but feel somewhat like my body marred my soul

omg i mishead this and just found out what the line is....heartbreaking, incredible

37 minutes ago, maysparkle said:

Is anybody else’s favorite part of the track the opening with the exhale? It just relieves my stress and I kind of exhale along with it…like it just reminds me to relax and take it easy ♥️

i love it so much, like a big grounding breath before she sings this intense, vulnerable song :crai:

aOaIzH2.gif

2 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

Has anyone figured out who or what a Camarillo is?

camarillo is a city in california like two-three hours away from LA

1 hour ago, serenequ33n said:

I thought it was the suburb in Ventura county? :um2:

no it’s like an actual city there’s like things and stores there. i live in ojai which is like equidistant from camarillo yk… ventura county covers camarillo but camarillo is it’s own city along with ojai being covered by ventura county although it’s it’s own town 

glitterfy3004543T778B81.gif

I don't know if im being delusional but I feel like her lyrics since COTCC has a really strong spiritual quality that always comes through. It really gives me the sense that I can feel exactly what she's been feeling lately.

157852e4da9ff5b7ec834e7a2eac795d.gif

3 minutes ago, Ultraviolencequeen said:

does anyone else collapse over "Tell me you like it/me" lyric? Its SO SIMPLE but the weight it carries is everything.:defeated:

It’s my favourite part.. it hits me so hard.

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 hours ago, sexyslutboy said:

I don't know if im being delusional but I feel like her lyrics since COTCC has a really strong spiritual quality that always comes through. It really gives me the sense that I can feel exactly what she's been feeling lately.

100% agreed. I get the same vibe from songs like Chemtrails, Blue Banisters, White Dress... And it's still on display here.

2 hours ago, jamesss said:

camarillo is a city in california like two-three hours away from LA

no it’s like an actual city there’s like things and stores there. i live in ojai which is like equidistant from camarillo yk… ventura county covers camarillo but camarillo is it’s own city along with ojai being covered by ventura county although it’s it’s own town 

Yeah I live in Calabasas so I'm pretty close too! I've only ever been to the shopping outlets though haha. I do know that one of Lana's friends I met is from Camarillo so that would make sense if she's visited before?

"Harry Nilsson has a song, his voice breaks at 2:05
somethin' about the way he says "Don't forget me" makes me feel like
I just wish I had a friend like him, someone to get me by

Lennon in the back, whisperin' in my ear, "Come on, baby, you can thrive"

but I cant

this entire bridge really and especially the last 3 words. I dont even think I need to explain at this point:crying4:

maybe this is a stupid question, but when she says “when’s it gonna be my turn?” … what does that mean? her turn for what?

giphy-downsized.gif

if i wasn’t so fucked up, i think i’d fuck you all the time 

when the song first dropped and lyrics were scrobbled on genius obvs, as per usual, there were some mistakes. there still could be some tbh.

Lanas voice just does that (cool) thing sometimes where it can really sound like a number of words. 

anyways I remember day 1, ppl thought a line in the bridge was "Leanin' in my/the back, whisperin in my ear" but its been updated to "Lennon in the back, whisperin in my ear" and yeah that just makes sooo much more sense.  Especially since she was talking about a song produced by him at the moment (Dont forget me). 

It also just sounds more like what she is saying there than the former when you listen... to me anyway??

IDK- what do you guys predict the lyric is ? 

Lana always pays homage to her inspirations in such a sweet way.