Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Merch & Media Drop

1 hour ago, sparklertrailerheaven said:

are we sure? i feel like it’s just a bit delayed. there’s already so many listings for it on discogs… i’m guessing the amazon exclusive will be the rarest

the green one? the seller I got it from said universal has problems supplying the demand but there will be more after April 21st so probably

26 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Here it is! 
pz6cFFC.jpg

I love the idea of Assai putting Obi strips on their records to create an exclusive feel to the pressing, and the idea of supporting local record stores is dope! and it’s a cute homage to Japanese pressings :wub:

My only gripes I have with this company is they put little-to-no-effort in designing these strips. If you look at Japanese obi strips, there’s a lot of text and info about the album/artist, and there’s better design composition. The graphic designer behind these aren’t really creative tbh. It feels like they literally google translates the artist’s name on top of a strip of paper, and they called it a day. I hope they are not charging extra or more than retail price because that would be a huge rip-off.

There’s not even a premium feel to it because they write on the strip with a Sharpie, when they can have something pressed or debossed on top.

Sorry, for complaining but I also bought an Assai record from them once, and was very underwhelmed w their “exclusive” pressing.

Still waiting for my Rolling Stones.

I emailed them about it on Monday and just got a reply. It says that they were already mailed on March 9th but they don't provide tracking due to the additional cost, but if I don't receive it within 28 days to contact them. So looks like I'll wait another week to see if it randomly shows up one day. Apparently there have been delays due to Royal Mail strikes

At least I know they shipped it

7 minutes ago, rosemead ramada said:

Still waiting for my Rolling Stones.

I emailed them about it on Monday and just got a reply. It says that they were already mailed on March 9th but they don't provide tracking due to the additional cost, but if I don't receive it within 28 days to contact them. So looks like I'll wait another week to see if it randomly shows up one day. Apparently there have been delays due to Royal Mail strikes

At least I know they shipped it

Are you within Europe? Mine arrived exactly two weeks after they shipped (newsstand I mean)

1 minute ago, birds of paradise said:

Are you within Europe? Mine arrived exactly two weeks after they shipped (newsstand I mean)

No, in the US. I ordered directly from Rolling Stone UK, I wish I had gone through newsstand now but oh well too late now.... I am not having luck with magazines this era :sadcore2:

at least my pic discs came today, so now i'm just waiting for my standard cassette from Canada until i have a complete collection

30 minutes ago, Eat The Ducky Moss said:

I love the idea of Assai putting Obi strips on their records to create an exclusive feel to the pressing, and the idea of supporting local record stores is dope! and it’s a cute homage to Japanese pressings :wub:

My only gripes I have with this company is they put little-to-no-effort in designing these strips. If you look at Japanese obi strips, there’s a lot of text and info about the album/artist, and there’s better design composition. The graphic designer behind these aren’t really creative tbh. It feels like they literally google translates the artist’s name on top of a strip of paper, and they called it a day. I hope they are not charging extra or more than retail price because that would be a huge rip-off.

There’s not even a premium feel to it because they write on the strip with a Sharpie, when they can have something pressed or debossed on top.

Sorry, for complaining but I also bought an Assai record from them once, and was very underwhelmed w their “exclusive” pressing.

I agree with everything you've said here!! The obi looks cute but it could be better.

Also for some reason the assai variant is already being resold for like 200+ on discogs....

One of the comments on the listing was like ' at this point just print off ur own and put it on ur album' 😭

I like the Assai variant - I have the Chemtrails, but I wasn't too bummed I missed out on this one. It does feel more like a gimmick than anything, even if it is kinda cool.

Now I'm looking to see if the white store exclusive is available on any of her other stores.

19 minutes ago, HowYouGetThatWay said:

I agree with everything you've said here!! The obi looks cute but it could be better.

Also for some reason the assai variant is already being resold for like 200+ on discogs....

One of the comments on the listing was like ' at this point just print off ur own and put it on ur album' 😭

Yes! I highly suggest collectors to NOT ever buy resell price of Assai. I looked up “Chemtrails” Assai edition on Discogs and saw some ridiculous resell prices. Ya’ll just print your own at that point 😂

Another thing I forgot to mention is that I dislike the idea of them opening up a sealed records. If I were running the business, I would slip the Obi strip on the newly sealed record.

Also, it appears Assai did not include the hype sticker that says “Limited edition green vinyl + alternative cover” that comes with all indie exclusive pressings - based on the image shared. 

That’s a big no no for collectors. The album is no longer “mint” in that case. 

Also, I looked it up and it appears they sell these Assai exclusives at just the same price as retail, which is great to know! 

Again, not saying they’re ripping people off - but they can indeed do a lot better. It just takes more time, research, and most importantly passion to answer why they’re creating these Obi strips. 

to anyone that ordered amazon's "pink" vinyl from amazon germany and got it already - did they ship it from the UK?

It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow and they changed it to April 5 cause it's shipped from the UK :judgingu:

35 minutes ago, uliusz said:

to anyone that ordered amazon's "pink" vinyl from amazon germany and got it already - did they ship it from the UK?

It was supposed to be delivered tomorrow and they changed it to April 5 cause it's shipped from the UK :judgingu:

I don’t think so, the first step of tracking says arrived at Amazon facility and it’s in Germany plus I got it way too quick for it to be from the uk

Hi haven’t listened yet, waiting until tomorrow, collected my vinyl today. Can I just say that the proportions of the poster are so weird to me? Like it’s so long and thin 😭

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

My picture disc arrived yesterday, wow wow wow is it beautiful. I can't wait to display it next to the vinyl and listening party posters.

Alt CDs should come tomorrow but I can pick them up today, the Amazon will be here Saturday, and the hoodie box set will arrive Monday :wub:  Love how the annoyance about the multiple drops and shipping charges melts away as soon as the merch starts to arrive hehe.

I kinda want to order the standard CD. I already have the Target CD, but I want the standard artwork and a booklet that has flippable pages. But everywhere I'd order from either is sold out or won't get here for a week which means it wouldn't even count for first week sales I don't think. Sigh, I miss when all big stores sold CDs. I had to drive 30 minutes just to get the Target CD.

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

I specifically chose standard delivery instead of express and Amazon Germany still sent it via DHL. I have previously had problems with the DHL in my country because they are asking for some insanely huge fees for each order that don't make sense and those fees alone might be more than double the price of the vinyl and shipping combined. This is so messed up. No way I am paying that.

18 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

why did u receive it so quick? Are u in the UK?

im in Australia. I dont know how long my green vinyl would take to get here :pout:

No, Europe. iMusic shipped it from Denmark the day before release and on Monday it already arrived. 

73-wigglytuffhiya.gif