Rust Dress

Say Yes to Heaven Discourse Thread

25 minutes ago, 111 said:

aw you can do better than this... :bebe: guess i overestimated my haters! the only like is from your bestie so far, i'd be embarrassed

Bestie who has leaked more than you so far this year :oprah3: or in a few years

1 minute ago, Wait For Life said:

Bestie who has leaked more than you so far this year :oprah3: or a few years

i'm very happy that THM exclusives are providing us the good content... as i said many times i retired from leaky days due to various reasons i explained. pissing contest over who leaks more or who has what is so 2016 but i don't think yall were around back then... i'm very happy if serene queen is my farewell moment, but in fact everything that leaked in 2020 came from me as well. now tell your bestie to leak descending in listenable quality and pls stop coming for me, i don't know you and i am trying to practise love and peace amongst my eclipsters. i'm sure y'all are lovely people, but it is a bit embarrassing. are y'all children? i hope not... :oprah3:

You spoiled kids have to UNDERSTAND what is was back then when we had NOTHING but thousand of Born To Die outtakes and pitch songs that were being served to people like CHERYL, not even LIZZY material was so present and we were HAUNTED by knowing that "Say Yes to Heaven" "Fine China" "I Talk To Jesus" and GODDAMN "YOUR GIRL" that was so thirsted that it was a banned word with that long ass "according to the laws of satan there's no way a Bee should be able to fuck around" replacement were real songs from her MASTERPIECE ULTRAVIOLENCE. We had NOTHING. Do not DISRESPECT "Yes To Heaven" like this! Actually tonight you should get on your knees and thank GOD we were able to get through and maybe PRAY that someday we'll have SAY YES TO HEAVEN (MAXI SINGLE) featuring every encarnation of this song + Official acapella so you can make your own version of it and you'll STREAM IT as a sign of gratitude.

Tyra Banks' ''We Were All Rooting For You'' Moment Was 15 Years Ago - E!  Online

But yes, actually "Fine China" is the crown jewel from these sessions. Your Girl flopped so hard lmao.

Fine China served delicate melody, cutting-glass lyrics, storytelling, fragile vocals all wrapped with that gentle production. She had enough to grab everybody by their necks with "I wore diamonds for the birth of your baby, for the birth of your son \ on the same day my husband to be, packed his things to run". These are Oscar-worthy lyrics, there's a whole movie within these 4 lines.

3 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

Fine China served delicate melody, cutting-glass lyrics, storytelling, fragile vocals all wrapped with that gentle production

I’m sorry but Fine China is forever tarnished by the uninspired, unimaginative and slightly cringeworthy lyric “the rain was fire, but we were wooden”..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

2 minutes ago, VioletBunny said:

I’m sorry but Fine China is forever tarnished by the uninspired, unimaginative and slightly cringeworthy lyric “the rain was fire, but we were wooden”..

That's poetry

Poetry and its pure form. Too ahead of time. The way she was talking about Lands Of 1000 Fires back in 2014? She's too powerful.

But most of the UV outtakes are "just fine". I believe Fine China stands out, but I wouldn't trade anything on the album for any of the songs that couldn't make the cut. But it would have been nice on a different setting like BB.

Just now, DinahLee said:

That's poetry

Poetry and its pure form. Too ahead of time. The way she was talking about Lands Of 1000 Fires back in 2014? She's too powerful.

But most of the UV outtakes are "just fine". I believe Fine China stands out, but I wouldn't trade anything on the album for any of the songs that couldn't make the cut. But it would have been nice on a different setting like BB.

it’s the worst lyric she’s ever come up with and I genuinely believe that.. I just can’t get over how uncreative it is. I get that it’s a metaphor but it reminds me of something I’d have written in year 9 English.. 

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

Fine china is just a cute piano ballad-beautiful storytelling and some good lyrics but forgettable.

It was interesting when it first came out but since then we’ve had a thousand piano ballads…

she should low-key put some of the lyrics into say yes to heaven-one of the greatest songs ever made. 

Your Girl is amazing-the haunting siren belt-Plz as if fine grandma could compete 

I don't think I ever heard the unedited Your Girl but you know... it's about the rush of listening to these songs. It doesn't matter if they are great or not, they were ICONIC. Remember Roses???? Raise your hand if you actively listen to Roses on your daily basis.

But it was the Crazy For You for a whole generation. And let there be light.

:hair: