jadee

Opinions on a possible 2023 tour/setlist?

If Lana did a HUGE one-off, two-hour-long “secret” show at a lush venue like the Hollywood Bowl with no audience that was professionally recorded and then available to watch publicly…that would be amazing.

It would be a way to get around the pressure of having to go on an extensive tour but would still satisfy the fans’ hunger to have some new concert footage and hear some live renditions of new tracks. 

But that said, I know it’s not the same magic as seeing her live live, in-person. The energy cannot be fully captured in video recording. But it’s a compromise, I guess! 

it’s just like… if i were a multi-millionaire set for life, was happy with where my life was and content with continuing to do what i’ve been doing, wasn’t money hungry and didn’t care to make more, looking for a relationship and person to settle down with, etc, why would i leave all of that behind for 6 months to a year to do something i don’t even enjoy that much :rollin:

6 minutes ago, baddisease said:

I just want a concert dedicated to LFL, NFR, COCC, BB, and DYK. I loved the concert I went to but it was still the 1000th leg of the Born To Die Tour.

I agree. I also loved the concert I went to, but I was shocked at how much backing was used

3 minutes ago, IanadeIrey said:

If Lana did a HUGE one-off, two-hour long “secret” show at a lush venue like the Hollywood Bowl with no audience that was professionally recorded and then available to watch publicly…that would be amazing.

It would be a way to get around the pressure of having to go on an extensive tour but would still satisfy the fans’ hunger to have some new concert footage and hear some live renditions of new tracks. 

But that said, I know it’s not the same magic as seeing her live live, in-person. The energy cannot be fully captured in video recording. But it’s a compromise, I guess! 

I agree with all you said, and I'm gonna add that that's the safer option for Lana. I feel like part of her dislike of touring is how many scares she's had with 'fans' who've showed up. The only problem with that is she wouldn't make any money that way

"Don’t forget me"

4 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

it’s just like… if i were a multi-millionaire set for life, was happy with where my life was and content with continuing to do what i’ve been doing, wasn’t money hungry and didn’t care to make more, looking for a relationship and person to settle down with, etc, why would i leave all of that behind for 6 months to a year to do something i don’t even enjoy that much :rollin:

It’s so true…I’m obviously not a famous multi-millionaire touring musician, but whenever I have to travel for some work obligation I feel like such a fish out of water, and I’m sure Lana probably has felt that way over time too. It’s not fun or glamorous to be hotel-hopping or sleeping in a bus for an extended period of time. And when you’re someone who loves routine, any change from that is a disruption. 

9 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I agree with all you said, and I'm gonna add that that's the safer option for Lana. I feel like part of her dislike of touring is how many scares she's had with 'fans' who've showed up. The only problem with that is she wouldn't make any money that way

I totally agree, and Lana has even said herself that her most comfortable spot is being in the studio. That’s not to say every touring experience has been bad, of course, but I definitely think this option would be a much better balance between the extremes of being on tour and not being on tour. Her team could always charge people to watch the recorded performance, but it really doesn’t make sense because people would obviously record it and upload it to YouTube — so if she just wanted to do a fun live show without thinking about money (which we know isn’t her primary motivation at this point), she could very well do so. You’re so right about the fans, especially given the scares of the last two years…being in close quarters with people who have ambushed her church and home and definitely have better access to her when she’s onstage or in the audience — that’s not good. 

23 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

lana just doesn’t strike me as someone who enjoys touring, i can see why she would’ve liked it at the beginning of her career (and she also might have been required to by the label) and also why she did the LFL tour because it was in arenas and she was making BANK, but even the US NFR tour was super short and she cancelled the entire EU one

sQQ3hit.png

1 hour ago, Kandidate said:

she didn't cancel the liverpool show. she performed in 2017. she cancelled the manchester show though :)

Obsessed with you correcting a post from a month ago omg

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

15 minutes ago, Vertimus said:

And long tours are brutal...who would to be away from home for 6 to 12 weeks or more? Tours can be lucrative (or not), but she doesn't need the money. 

I think it's not only about money, but also to be on the spot and to be there for your fans. Being the center of attention and receiving the warm love of your fans every day is definitely also a very exhilarating experience.

5 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I think it's not only about money, but also about to be on the spot and to be there for your fans. Being the center of attention and receiving the warm love of your fans every day is definitely also a very exhilarating experience.

I’d also say it’s more important to have that kind of attention from the people close to you, in your innermost circle—which Lana alluded to in her announcement about deactivating her socials. You’re so right in that it probably is wonderful to be onstage and connect with fans, but we don’t really know her and aren’t connecting with her in the ways that she likely prioritizes with her family and friends right now. And because this is a livelihood, an artist when onstage inevitably becomes a product to consumers (the audience)—which probably gets old fast. 

I ask her why she was crying. “I’d been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn’t figure out,” she says, to my surprise. “That’s a big part of my life: I just feel really sick a lot of the time and can’t figure out why. I’d gotten these shots in Russia, where we’d just been. It was just heavy. It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did.” 

Lana said this back in 2014. She hates touring, it's not healthy and I don't blame her.

9 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

I think it's not only about money, but also to be on the spot and to be there for your fans. Being the center of attention and receiving the warm love of your fans every day is definitely also a very exhilarating experience.

why does she need to be “on the spot and there for” her fans? that’s not really her responsibility whatsoever lol, her job is to fulfill her label contract, i don’t think she owes us anything especially not accessibility

2 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

I ask her why she was crying. “I’d been sick on tour for about two years with this medical anomaly that doctors couldn’t figure out,” she says, to my surprise. “That’s a big part of my life: I just feel really sick a lot of the time and can’t figure out why. I’d gotten these shots in Russia, where we’d just been. It was just heavy. It’s just heavy performing for people who really care about you, and you don’t really care that much about yourself sometimes. I thought it was sad. I thought my position was sad. I thought it was sad to be in Ireland singing for people who really cared when I wasn’t sure if I did.” 

Lana said this back in 2014. She hates touring, it's not healthy and I don't blame her.

2019 "Except for the stage, which I also call home"... I think she has conflicting feelings towards touring and its not black and white. I don't think its fair to say that she hates it though. regardless, she seems happier not touring rn and thats okay!

10 minutes ago, Harry Nilsson said:

But maybe she doesn't feel the need for that the way she did--she's already conquered the world, and she seems more and more of something resembling a homebody, based on her lyrics. Nothing wrong with that. She's a wealthy woman..she can travel anywhere she wants should she desire to. 

1 minute ago, Blossom said:

2019 "Except for the stage, which I also call home"... I think she has conflicting feelings towards touring and its not black and white. I don't think its fair to say that she hates it though. regardless, she seems happier not touring rn and thats okay!

Being on stage =\= touring. She loves performing but being on the road for months at a time is a whole different beast