Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

1 hour ago, jaesana said:

yeppp her voice is not becoming weaker.....whatsoever. 

she said she would force herself to sing very low during the btd days.

born to die was definitely an experimental time for her vocally (aesthetically as well), and so she probably feels more confident in her regular pitch, which we've seen more during NFR and onward. wildflower wildfire is proof that she can still reach those lower notes if she wants.

She used to sing higher all the time during the Lizzy days too... the low BTD voice was her label trying to set her apart... which made her sound not so good at times (while always nailing the higher notes)

giphy.gif

6 minutes ago, pinkfuneral said:

why is it that when women are spotted with a cigarette it's an international emergency but when a man does it no one really bats an eye? so many male musicians are current or former smokers and I don't see the same critical spirit being applied to them

honestly the vitriol people have towards smoking in general really irks me because it's not any different from any other addiction, it's usually considered rude and insensitive to judge and shame somebody suffering from substance abuse, but people always talk about how smokers are disgusting and going to die of lung cancer, of course, smoking is very bad for your health but i don't think those who smoke are any less people because of it, i mean, i grew up around smokers so it's something i'm very familar with, but still

you do have a point, though, when men smoke, people always view it as hot and edgy

2 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

Let’s try to move the conversation back to LDR9, Lana smoking can go in unpopular opinions or the random Lana discussion :smokes2:

1 minute ago, clementines said:

i'd argue that vaping damages vocals more than cigs 

the fact that you posted this right after nikogo told us to stop talking about it is making me laugh :omfg2:

I don't support smoking for aesthetic but at the same time I can't imagine BTD/UV era without cigarettes.

Btw I wonder if she has some specific selfcare voice routine. Can you guys remember the time she couldn't hit Shades of Cool notes on some concerts back when she was vaping a lot?

It's still her choice but there's nothing positive about smoking and this kinda concerns me that it can damage her health :(

32 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

honestly the vitriol people have towards smoking in general really irks me because it's not any different from any other addiction, it's usually considered rude and insensitive to judge and shame somebody suffering from substance abuse, but people always talk about how smokers are disgusting and going to die of lung cancer, of course, smoking is very bad for your health but i don't think those who smoke are any less people because of it, i mean, i grew up around smokers so it's something i'm very familar with, but still

you do have a point, though, when men smoke, people always view it as hot and edgy

This ! Nowadays everything is racism, body shamming , emotional abuse , but for the smokers it’s ok to bash them 😂

Cigarettes pollute the atmosphere and are a small cause of pollution-of course we should abhor smoking lol, yes it’s an addiction but most “drugs” and alcohol aren’t causing the worlds end(if only slightly).

on the topic of lanas singing-yes she is less pitchy and yes she uses her natural voice more- but again she uses chest voice or falsetto for verses and transitions to head voice for choruses, belts or high notes.

she sounds a lot better but chest is what gives power.

you cannot honestly tell me she’s done a resonant chest belt like this since 2013 lol-

1 minute ago, evalionisameme said:

Cigarettes pollute the atmosphere and are a small cause of pollution-of course we should abhor smoking lol, yes it’s an addiction but most “drugs” and alcohol aren’t causing the worlds end(if only slightly).

on the topic of lanas singing-yes she is less pitchy and yes she uses her natural voice more- but again she uses chest voice or falsetto for verses and transitions to head voice for choruses, belts or high notes.

she sounds a lot better but chest is what gives power.

you cannot honestly tell me she’s done a resonant chest belt like this since 2013 lol-

out of everything we do that's polluting the world, i feel like smoking cigarettes is a very miniscule thing, especially since it isn't anywhere near as common as it used to be

55 minutes ago, NoSalvation77 said:

This ! Nowadays everything is racism, body shamming , emotional abuse , but for the smokers it’s ok to bash them 😂

:facepalm:

I mean - you actively decide to harm yourself and people around you. People taking issue with this (plus the smell, the pollution, ...) is not making you a marginalized minority. 

Saying this as a former casual snoker -  that is such a bad take.

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

Lanaboards is genuinely so good at taking a thread for a specific topic and turning it into a full blown debate about something else :true: There should be a contest for it 

imageproxy.jpg

2 hours ago, pinkfuneral said:

why is it that when women are spotted with a cigarette it's an international emergency but when a man does it no one really bats an eye? so many male musicians are current or former smokers and I don't see the same critical spirit being applied to them

this is such a Taylor swift thing to say

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

4 hours ago, Surf Noir said:

the fact that you posted this right after nikogo told us to stop talking about it is making me laugh :omfg2:

I didn’t even notice (so sorry) v excited for music without vapes ala White Dress (I love it but the vape SENDS me)