Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

nice try but i love melodrama and masseduction. melodrama has nothing mind blowing nor interesting in the piano department. i mean one (1) simple piano ballad? groundbreaking. concerning massseduction the production sounds so good because st vincent herself plays most of it, especially the guitars, jack isn’t to be credited for that. what’s your next example ? 1989 ? reputation ? :lmao:nah i’m good with lemonade, selftitled and my beautiful dark twisted fantasy thank you very much. 

uh nah, tbh I wouldn’t call any piano song he did on 1989 or reputation groundbreaking

But at the end of the day, it’s really about personal preferences, I’ve always been a sucker for piano tracks, especially when they sound raw, so it’s not surprising that I love what Lana did with Jack. However, putting personal preferences aside, I think we should all agree that Jack has more than one chord to his bow and that he’s a really talented musician and producer. It’s just trendy to hate him on LB

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

2 minutes ago, Deadly Cruel Girl said:

The stuff Jack does with Taylor and other artists is so drastically different then the boring stuff he's done with Lana, especially cocc. But at least we got VB.

ive said this 5847 times already but all of the other albums he was working on, he was just a coproducer. So other producers spiced up his flops. Only with lana he was a sole producer

4 minutes ago, FallingCherry said:

He’s shown multiple times live that he could basically do whatever he wanted with the piano. But I’ll have to admit that the songs on Melodrama don’t really have any complex chord progression. However, the title track on NFR or even hope are amazing to me. It’s all about the little complexity and the details, the pace, the velocity. I doubt a hip hop producer can do better than Jack with the piano, but that’s not a shade at all :)

Yeah, NFR was pretty nice since it had this Fiona-Apple-vibe and MACalso had a pretty nice melody. But at least in my personal opinion, I really don't think his piano-work has a lot of detail or complexity. It's solid, yet extremely straightforward. But yeah, we'll see how the Mike Dean collab will turn out

Just do it. Just do it - don't wait!

20 minutes ago, Thunder Corpse said:

Yeah, NFR was pretty nice since it had this Fiona-Apple-vibe and MACalso had a pretty nice melody. But at least in my personal opinion, I really don't think his piano-work has a lot of detail or complexity. It's solid, yet extremely straightforward. But yeah, we'll see how the Mike Dean collab will turn out

Agree with you. In terms of piano melodies only, Rick creates more memorable chord progressions than Jack. White Dress is my fave piano-driven melody from him. Jack adds nice twists and turns on different parts of songs, especially on Norman, more so than Rick. I love all the work Jack and Lana did together, but I’m glad her discography will have the inputs of other producers though, and not repeating herself with each album. 

8 minutes ago, venice witch said:

i mean....yall can say anything about jack antonoff, but i will praise him for the rest of my days for giving us a masterpiece called "Venice Bitch"

i mean yes i like jack but  the common factor in all our favorite lana songs is lana herself. we should really give her some credit :kiss3:

2 hours ago, theelusivechanteur said:

About 6 and a half hours left and still no OFFICIAL announcement... :crossed: Anyway, any last words for the Chemtrails era? :diva:

This is the start of us breaking up slowly with COCC, our shortest relationship ever  :krylie:

Lana is a chameleon so she is heavily influenced by the behavior of those around her, mike dean is wild, interactive and fun. 

All i'm sayin is... she better get her hands on that dope or ELSE :trisha::oprah3:

#bringbacklizzygrant

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

3 minutes ago, YourGirl666 said:

If nothing happens in 4 hours, somebody must leak Unidentified Flying Bill and/or Crazy for You, so we can still win in the end of the day.

exactly we must be VICTORIOUS TODAY in one way or another :cryney:

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

21 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

Lana is a chameleon so she is heavily influenced by the behavior of those around her, mike dean is wild, interactive and fun. 

All i'm sayin is... she better get her hands on that dope or ELSE :trisha::oprah3:

#bringbacklizzygrant

Wishing an ex-addict would relapse on drugs/alcohol in the guise of "wanting better art" is super gross

Why would she need a stimulant to make good music?

4 minutes ago, Araby said:

Wishing an ex-addict would relapse on drugs/alcohol in the guise of "wanting better art" is super gross

Why would she need a stimulant to make good music?

she was addicted to weed?

6 minutes ago, Lustrouslines said:

Would the label push back the release date because of the insiders releasing the track info too soon? I mean the tracks didn’t necessarily leak but they did leak the premier date and song titles.

I'm sorry for the offtopic, but I'm scrolling through this thread, listening to The Blackest Day Demo, and seeing your gif from Blue Jeans during the 'because im going deeper and deeper' part got me literal chills all over the body

giphy.gif

4 minutes ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

She has a history of drug abuse and you're saying you want her on "dope"— weed is a legal drug in her home state so I don't know why you'd refer to it by that name. I thought you wanted her back on harder shit, as "dope" implies.

Either way, implying an artist needs substances (that theyve expressed have been unhealthy for them) to make good music is....weird, love :derpna2:

1 minute ago, Terrence Loves Me said:

if an alcoholic uses another substitue drug which is not alcohol, its still considered a relapse. doesnt matter whether you relapse on drinks or pills etc

although id say weed is deffo debatable in that sense

image.png

1 minute ago, Araby said:

She has a history of drug abuse and you're saying you want her on "dope"— weed is a legal drug in her home state so I don't know why you'd refer to it by that name. I thought you wanted her back on harder shit. 

Either way, implying an artist needs substances (that theyve expressed have been unhealthy for them) to make good music is....weird, love :derpna2:

oh i meant weed when i said dope, and obviously i was only being humorous because mike smokes it and she's working with him, it wasn't that serious

Anyway back on topic :candy: