Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

7 minutes ago, CinnamonGay said:

Any vocal experts here? I just have a question.

Doesn't smoking damage your lower register and doesn't your voice get lower as you age?

I'm just wondering why Lana doesn't use her lower register more often recently,if the above 2 statements are true.

im no expert BUT i have to say lana must have Golden vocal chords cause shes been smoking since god-knows-whhen and is a vape diva yet her voice sounds better and better :blush3:

but lana is young, and shes surely more confident in performing so it helps

46 minutes ago, TropicoHeart said:

Does anybody remember where the rumour that Queen of Disaster was supposed to be the opening track for Born to Die, came from?

from discord server from someone who leaked snippets like paradise, melancholia, what's a girl to do etc

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

44 minutes ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

im no expert BUT i have to say lana must have Golden vocal chords cause shes been smoking since god-knows-whhen and is a vape diva yet her voice sounds better and better :blush3:

If I'm not wrong, she has been smoking since she was 17, she said that in an interview. Not defending smoking but I'm surprised that her voice sounds still great and strong while still smoking/vaping. Most singers have had problems with this, for example Adele had undergo vocal chord surgery because of smoking :smokes:

url%5D

On 7/6/2023 at 8:31 PM, mrborntolose said:

86255-DD7-6-B47-4-E74-B86-F-C9267-D63-AC 

greatest? 

lana has a song called the greatest 

she’s the mystery artist confirmed :oprah4:

Reading this is all the more confusing now we know it’s Sam smith lol??

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

5 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

Reading this is all the more confusing now we know it’s Sam smith lol??

Mr Ronson talked just any shit to build hype and make fandoms more delusional :smokes:

url%5D

3 minutes ago, Embach said:

Mr Ronson talked just any shit to build hype and make fandoms more delusional :smokes:

I googled it and apparently he was referring to billie eilish.. which to say she’s one of the greatest living artists is very misleading too.. not saying she’s bad.. just this is definitely trying to be something it isn’t haha 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

7 minutes ago, Thats why they call me Dita said:

I googled it and apparently he was referring to billie eilish.. which to say she’s one of the greatest living artists is very misleading too.. not saying she’s bad.. just this is definitely trying to be something it isn’t haha 

Not a Billie fan but I think she's good. But again, he said that to build hype around fandoms haha

url%5D

1 hour ago, CHATEAU MARMONT said:

Yes but I asked that cuz she hasn't smoked a cigarette in a while I think??

Her lower register used to sound fuller during 2012-2015.. it changed only after LFL. 

What if insiders messed up with Barbie and instead they meant that Queen Of Disaster is part of Oppenheimer soundtrack :oprah4:

url%5D

11 minutes ago, breakingupslowly said:

soo.. i saw a tweet saying fjm acknowledged that nfr is about him :eek:

⬇️

18 hours ago, Rusted iron gates said:

Father John misty said at his concert yesterday, that Lana told him the guy she wrote Norman about was really 5,8 and not 6ft as she says in the song. Is this new information? Because I’m pretty sure we didn’t know with a 100% certainty who the song is about…

url%5D

23 minutes ago, Embach said:

What if insiders messed up with Barbie and instead they meant that Queen Of Disaster is part of Oppenheimer soundtrack :oprah4:

they are not insider😭 they just had these snippets, they also claimed to have malibu and your girl rick nowels snippets but havent leaked them, and they got this information from someone who played them these snippets, in that same groupie they said smth about unleaked you can be the boss final version

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

21 minutes ago, breakingupslowly said:

soo.. i saw a tweet saying fjm acknowledged that nfr is about him :eek:

wait whattt I mean it kinda makes sense I guess? I mean I think he fits the type she describes

J7ydenn Lana Del Rey GIF - J7ydenn Lana Del Rey Honeymoon - Discover &  Share GIFs

dreaming away your life

8 hours ago, CinnamonGay said:

Any vocal experts here? I just have a question.

Doesn't smoking damage your lower register and doesn't your voice get lower as you age?

I'm just wondering why Lana doesn't use her lower register more often recently,if the above 2 statements are true.

No expert here neither but I think it deepens your voice not damages your lower register. Might be totally wrong though. I think the reason she doesn’t sing with her deeper voice anymore is probably because she’s more comfortable in her higher register and feels less confident, and because she doesn’t smoke as much cigarettes anymore. The vape doesn’t really have the same effect.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

15 minutes ago, Good Intentions said:

I’ve never seen someone stay so true to herself while inserted in the industry like this bitch. Really it’s been more than 10 years and if anything she’s just not ingenue towards the press anymore. Her essence is so beautiful and genuine. It’s so so weird seeing how celebs have all their moves arranged to promote their work or just to be on the spotlight when miss Lana is living her life like the most normal human being with family and friends, while being so influential… it’s crazy I admire her so much for that:crying4:

anyway if you want some basic bitch go to the Beverly center find her!

6 hours ago, syrup amour said:

No expert here neither but I think it deepens your voice not damages your lower register. Might be totally wrong though. I think the reason she doesn’t sing with her deeper voice anymore is probably because she’s more comfortable in her higher register and feels less confident, and because she doesn’t smoke as much cigarettes anymore. The vape doesn’t really have the same effect.

Oh ! I also attribute it to the composition by Jack. Her songs with Drew seem to involve her lower register more.