Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I love this photo of Lana so much! I love the warm colors of this and the soft lightning of it as well. It feels so cosy and nostalgic. It's like the vibe of late Spring/Summer nights in Southern Europe. Also, I love the dress and its soft tone - I love how it's short and oversized, it kind of feels like a very old nightgown but again, it's also equivalent to light Summer dress. Like it's vintage but yet so modern. I absolutely adore how her outfit is paired with golden moccasins which color of it reminds me of the sunlight and its rays. As well, I love her unbothered look and her posing there, she's calm and focused. The reason, why I adore the photo, her outfit and overall look there, is that it's so natural and grounded but yet very classy and sophisticated. Just so mature and serene. It's so soothing to look at! :flutter:

MM-1-26.jpg

url%5D

2 hours ago, twinkletoes7 said:

im feeling seen rn bc seriously i listen to normal the least out of all of her albums. she has no bad work and i love norman but norman being everyone’s favourite bamboozles me

it just happens that nfr stans are the most loud ones so it feels like that but actually much more people dislike it and im happy to know that and happy not to know what it feels like putting it higher than btd or uv:lmao:

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

2 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

NFR haters are the worst by a landslide 

I highly disagree

LFL haters/Norman lovers (who are usually the same group) are the most insufferable to me

"Don’t forget me"

33 minutes ago, NikoGo said:

I highly disagree

LFL haters/Norman lovers (who are usually the same group) are the most insufferable to me

gag them again for me :makeup:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

3 hours ago, Embach said:

I love this photo of Lana so much! I love the warm colors of this and the soft lightning of it as well. It feels so cosy and nostalgic. It's like the vibe of late Spring/Summer nights in Southern Europe. Also, I love the dress and its soft tone - I love how it's short and oversized, it kind of feels like a very old nightgown but again, it's also equivalent to light Summer dress. Like it's vintage but yet so modern. I absolutely adore how her outfit is paired with golden moccasins which color of it reminds me of the sunlight and its rays. As well, I love her unbothered look and her posing there, she's calm and focused. The reason, why I adore the photo, her outfit and overall look there, is that it's so natural and grounded but yet very classy and sophisticated. Just so mature and serene. It's so soothing to look at! :flutter:

MM-1-26.jpg

you making this very sweet post about a photo of lana you love while everyone else is fighting about NFR like

This Is Fine' Meme Cartoonist Celebrates Strip's 10th Anniversary

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

35 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

you making this very sweet post about a photo of lana you love while everyone else is fighting about NFR like

This Is Fine' Meme Cartoonist Celebrates Strip's 10th Anniversary

I wanted to make an appreciation post for that photo for a long time now but I always forgot to do that and now since people were fighting, I wanted everyone to calm down before things would've have gotten ugly, so I used the opportunity to post that cute photo. :lel:  I don't start fights but I'll stop 'em all by any means.

url%5D

2 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I highly disagree

I love both cause guess what? I’m vers :ohmy: NFR will always be the best sequel to LFL, which contains her most underrated song in her entire discography God Bless America :krylie: (really though, LFL is just such a fond album for me, I loved that era so so so much)

sgopYhV.gif

4 minutes ago, Crimson and Clover said:

I love both cause guess what? I’m vers :ohmy: NFR will always be the best sequel to LFL, which contains her most underrated song in her entire discography God Bless America :krylie: (really though, LFL is just such a fond album for me, I loved that era so so so much)

Lust For Life will forever be my favorite album, but I can still accept the flaws with it. COTCC is also another favorite of mine, and I can also see the flaws with it.

The difference I’ve found is (typically, obviously not every single one of them!) most Norman fans won’t accept anything less than Norman being her absolute best and refuse to acknowledge any flaws/valid complaints against the album.

I’ve never been one to say one album is ‘objectively her best’ since it’s all matter of opinion, but (again, some, not all!) NFR lovers are the FIRST to tell you how wrong your opinion is if you don’t place it on the golden seat. 

"Don’t forget me"

People who hate on any Lana album are equally annoying. It's fine to have preferences and think that one album is better than another, but to actively hate on any of them or think they're bad just means you lack taste :smokes: 

They are all gorgeous works of art in their own right :wub:

1 hour ago, NikoGo said:

Lust For Life will forever be my favorite album, but I can still accept the flaws with it. COTCC is also another favorite of mine, and I can also see the flaws with it.

The difference I’ve found is (typically, obviously not every single one of them!) most Norman fans won’t accept anything less than Norman being her absolute best and refuse to acknowledge any flaws/valid complaints against the album.

I’ve never been one to say one album is ‘objectively her best’ since it’s all matter of opinion, but (again, some, not all!) NFR lovers are the FIRST to tell you how wrong your opinion is if you don’t place it on the golden seat. 

Yeah, unfortunately her fandom seems to attract lots of tóxicas that have made me feel a bit alienated, but I also think I’m just getting older lol. I typically don’t like fans who hyperfixate on any album/producer of hers and put down others for what they like, it’s such juvenile behavior. 

sgopYhV.gif

Blue Banisters defenders are the worst, cause they'll downgrade every other thing Lana has ever done to defend that abomination of an "album" 

My rose garden dreams set on fire by fiends... :illumilana2: 

5 hours ago, NikoGo said:

I highly disagree

and if i said these were both good albums, but some of least impressive in Lana's catalogue :oprah6:

since you might be wondering now, Veins, whats your take?
Well here you go :oprah6:

Spoiler
  1. ULTRAVIOLENCE
  2. HONEYMOON
  3. CHEMTRAILS OVER THE COUNTRY CLUB
  4. PARADISE
  5. DID YOU KNOW THERE'S A TUNNEL UNDER OCEAN BOULEVARD
  6. BORN TO DIE
  7. NORMAN FUCKING ROCKWELL
  8. BLUE BANISTERS
  9. LUST FOR LIFE

i am willing to provide rebuttals and defenses for my take as well :oprah6: i implore you, clock away!

1 hour ago, plastiscguy said:

Blue Banisters defenders are the worst, cause they'll downgrade every other thing Lana has ever done to defend that abomination of an "album" 

the main gripe people have with this album and the reason they see it as inferior is plainly due to the fact it includes previously heard songs. if we had not had them previously people wouldn't even comment on the whole youtube rip thing

i approached the album with the mindset of 'i was not supposed to hear those songs so this technically should all be new to me', and that is why i appreciate it so much tbh. it’s a great album once you get past the fact we has 60% of it already

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

5 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

the main gripe people have with this album and the reason they see it as inferior is plainly due to the fact it includes previously heard songs. if we had not had them previously people wouldn't even comment on the whole youtube rip thing

i approached the album with the mindset of 'i was not supposed to hear those songs so this technically should all be new to me', and that is why i appreciate it so much tbh. it’s a great album once you get past the fact we has 60% of it already

Same, i don't stress that stuff. I kind of look at it like a "unreleased/b-side" collection and love it for what it is. I like all the songs, maybe Dealer a little less though .....and secretly hope it gets re-recorded some day to fix what could have been better.

17 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

I mean admittedly that is my biggest gripe with the album, and I can’t look past it. It physically hurts me that one of my all time favorite songs (NOTG) was reduced to a YouTube rip album track. I do think it’s a fair argument for people to complain about the songs being literal YouTube rips. 

But it goes deeper than that for me, because the lossless files for the songs are out there, and she didn’t even use the better version of Cherry Blossom. Then, to add insult to injury, Thunder gets reworked to fit on the album, while both NOTG and CB don’t even have the right credits in the booklet. 

(Add on the fact that she originally was going to put I Can Fly (which isn’t even a leaked song) and Fine China’s final version.)

also, not that I’m a huge cohesion snob, but the album doesn’t flow at all. Trio into BBS, Vfr into Dealer, WFWF into NOTG. Like yeah she’s had albums that had ‘off’ moments before, but BB is one big ‘IDK what I’m doing’ mess. It’s clear her vision kept changing, since the album went from “I want revenge” to “telling my story” but even the telling my story narrative makes no sense because she said that the first the singles were the ‘start’ of her story; but the title track was quite literally the present day of her story. 

Blue Banisters does have some decent moments, but she was really close to losing me, and I’m forever thankful for Tunnel for proving that the Lana I love is still in there. 

"Don’t forget me"

14 hours ago, bluechemtrails said:

I'd say the users of aoty.org have pretty good taste for the most part. Things that are highly rated there tend to still sound good and unique years later.

I have to disagree. Most of the people on these websites and similar forums/sides of Twitter don't have thoughts or a music taste of their own, they just hype up and base their opinions on whatever is (un)popular in that community/critically acclaimed. It's a glorified circlejerk. 

𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕒𝕣𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕡𝕙𝕒𝕟𝕥𝕠𝕞, 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕣 𝕚𝕟 𝕞𝕪 𝕙𝕖𝕒𝕕 

18 minutes ago, Coloringbooks said:

I have to disagree. Most of the people on these websites and similar forums/sides of Twitter don't have thoughts or a music taste of their own, they just hype up and base their opinions on whatever is (un)popular in that community/critically acclaimed. It's a glorified circlejerk. 

But Lana is one of their highest rated female artists (especially if you look at the rating of individual album songs), so they must have some taste.