Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Plagiarism will happen, yes, but you can also try to stop it by pointing out when it's wrong. Will it stop? No, because there's always someone who think they'll get away with it. But that doesn't mean you shouldn't do anything and just stand and watch when it happens.

When you say that you're guilty of taking ideas and using them, I hope you mean that these ideas inspire you to create something of your own and not taking them as they are, a finished product? Once again, it's a different thing to see, say, an illustration of a fairy and feel inspired to create your own fairy than to trace the lines of the already existing image and call it your own.

That is correct. 

I sometimes look at an image or artwork and it will give me ideas to create something similar, but never copying the original artwork.

Sometimes I create an image which I thought would be an original idea and then later find out someone else had a similar idea of it too.

In this particular image I wanted to create (see image below) I wanted to use a Lana Del Rey side-profile photo with part of her upper body

and use it as a "Sleeping Princess beauty" for a What-If EP single record sleeve. The idea was to also include a Maleficent witch in the background.

But first I checked the web to see if someone had already come up with the same idea. And someone did also create something similar using

the same Lana photo. But the overall design they used is very diferent.

Since my idea was a little diferent in design, I think there is no harm doing it. So I went and did it. I would not call this plagiarism, but rather

call it a similar conversion of thoughts by 2 artists which never met before but had almost the same idea.

Although, if I was asked about it, I will always credit the original image posted as the idea behind my creation, because it was shown

before my image was created. 

RWUuZCX.jpg

OK, Guys and gals, I have another idea which I would like to use, but I am not sure what YOU would think about, or if someone has

already done it before. So I want to hear your opinion on this matter.

I was never happy with the record cover for the album "Ultraviolence".

What does the original photo mean? .... And why the bold lettering saying "Ultraviolence" ?

I personally see nothing about violence in that photograph or something more of an ULTRA Violence thought crossing my mind.

I always pictured this album cover showing a beautiful model (Lana Del Rey in this case) but showing some

type of physical violence done to her.

That would make it more logical in my mind as to the titled album , as being "ULTRA VIOLENCE".

A person buying the record, would look at the photo of a beautiful woman and see her with one black eye (and probably a bandage on her forehead)

and the viewer would think, "damn, that is violent. What happened to her? WHo did THAT to the poor girl".

It would strike up a conversation between fans and Lana Del Rey critics.

It would make people talk more about domestic violence done to women at home and why it is so wrong. Or violence done to women in

general and that is so very very wrong.

The image I had in mind to use is something like what I will post in

this small image ...

KI2ilVF.jpg

Because honestly, I was never happy with the original cover photo which was used. It simply shows a nice girl with her cool Mercedes sports car,

and that to me, has nothing to do with being "Ultraviolence".

It tells me as if she is some type of spoiled brat who drives a fancy car. What is so "Ultraviolence" about that?

Qm2lTot.jpg

What do you think?

What are your thoughts about this?

-

That is correct. 

I sometimes look at an image or artwork and it will give me ideas to create something similar, but never copying the original artwork.

Sometimes I create an image which I thought would be an original idea and then later find out someone else had a similar idea of it too.

In this particular image I wanted to create (see image below) I wanted to use a Lana Del Rey side-profile photo with part of her upper body

and use it as a "Sleeping Princess beauty" for a What-If EP single record sleeve. The idea was to also include a Maleficent witch in the background.

But first I checked the web to see if someone had already come up with the same idea. And someone did also create something similar using

the same Lana photo. But the overall design they used is very diferent.

Since my idea was a little diferent in design, I think there is no harm doing it. So I went and did it. I would not call this plagiarism, but rather

call it a similar conversion of thoughts by 2 artists which never met before but had almost the same idea.

Although, if I was asked about it, I will always credit the original image posted as the idea behind my creation, because it was shown

before my image was created. 

RWUuZCX.jpg

Oh, okay. Yeah, good to hear that you never copy original artwork. :) ♥ And I agree with you, it's a different thing to have an idea and later find that someone else has created something similar - it's a large world out there, so I wouldn't be surprised if there's one or two people who has created something similar too! :)

Can I just say that your cover with Malecifent in the background is stunning? I think it's a great idea to use that picture of Lana and make her Sleeping Beauty, and your artwork would look soooo good if it was a movie poster. Disney should hire you! :D

As for your question about the UV cover: I've always preferred the alternative cover from Urban Outfitters. It's just her hands with gorgeous red nails on the finger tips playing with the hole in her jeans. Rippes jeans aren't perfect, they're broken and, together with the album title, it makes me think that there might be something more going on which you won't know unless you play the album. The black and white cover art is pretty too, but like you said, it's just her posing casually in front of a car and it could almost go for any album cover. I think it's the black/white color that makes it "ultraviolence" though.

I don't think I would buy an album with just a pretty face with a black eye on the cover (unless there's something in the background which helps to tell the story), but, like I mentioned, I really like the alternative cover art so much more. :3 It's subtle I guess, and not so... you know, violent, haha.

48K6p1K.gif pyg088L.png

Right On Girl !   :gclap:   Now she has even more of my respect as a singer/songwriter + a real down to earth kinda person.

Just because she DOES HAVE the money to do whatever she wants and may even fly in a private jet, she flies with her Fans and

in economy class seats. To show everyone that she is also "human"  and not some snob artist flying in private jets. Good for you girl ! I like your style!

I like what this person posted on that page... 

“Taking an economy flight to help save the planet instead of using a private jet omg we love an environmentally friendly queen,”

Twitter user @lolitasdead wrote in response.

Thank You also to Clampigirl for her thoughts on what I posted earlier. It means alot to me.

I always like to hear what is on people´s minds and their honest opinion.

Cheers

MAX

-

That is a cool re-mix. 

Thanks for the post. I also collect most of Lana´s re-mixes if I can find them.

I keep this in my library because I like to believe its real lol

It leaked back in 2015 and was dismissed as fake.

R5sPD4M.jpg

I keep this in my library because I like to believe its real lol

It leaked back in 2015 and was dismissed as fake.

Really? A fake?

That sounds very much like her voice. I am not a Lana Del Rey expert  :facepalm:

But its a nice song none-the-less.

-

Really? A fake?

That sounds very much like her voice. I am not a Lana Del Rey expert  :facepalm:

But its a nice song none-the-less.

I meant this has a different instrumental mix from the original leak we got in 2013. It is real and is her voice, sorry for the confusion  :facepalm:

R5sPD4M.jpg

Hello everyone! Sorry, the first time on the site, I want to ask a question. I found a fragment of Lana’s song, but I don’t know its full name, and is there such a thing? The fragment is called "Goodbye...", but certainly not "Goodbye kiss" I heard a lot of her songs, but I did not hear this one, can someone help?
https://clyp.it/bqxau1tx

Hello everyone! Sorry, the first time on the site, I want to ask a question. I found a fragment of Lana’s song, but I don’t know its full name, and is there such a thing? The fragment is called "Goodbye...", but certainly not "Goodbye kiss" I heard a lot of her songs, but I did not hear this one, can someone help?

https://clyp.it/bqxau1tx

This is an unleaked cover called "The Good Life" and some hoarders who have it love telling everyone that they have it lol

Do we have (and if we don't can someone PLEASE make one??) a variation of Math Lady, but with Lana in the picture? 

math-lady.png

I would be able to do something, but what exactly do you want?

You want a wallpaper or some type of "signiture" ?

I find this idea (the original video-meme) a bit too weird. From what I have of Lana´s Photoshoots, she hardly has this type of

face on any photo. In the image you post, the woman has a deep-emotion expression and is looking a little baffled as

if to say - she doesn´t understand any math. LOL

I don´t know, but I think Lana is much smarter than this silly Meme.  :teehee:

-

Do we have (and if we don't can someone PLEASE make one??) a variation of Math Lady, but with Lana in the picture?

math-lady.png

hahaha :D

I read somewhere that this lady is a brazilian actress. That someone took scenes from her from a soap opera and did it... lol

giphy.gif

recently i started talking to someone who's worked with lana putting on her earlier uk shows! :) he sent me pictures of them together and one of them looked like they were from the iconic jazz cafe show. i'll let you guys know if he tells me anything interesting :)

Wq9zHLl.jpg