Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

is she actually presenting at the gay times awards or is that a lie

Gay Times confirmed that she will be attending, but it is unclear if she's presenting or just simply attending 

Nevermind! It's actually a joke that the host may be impersonating her on stage, as he's done impersonations of her before x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

Completely random but after posting my last status I just realized that I need to hear Lana cover Crush With Eyeliner by R.E.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXM19PVE1-A

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

which lana songs do you guys listen to when you're getting ready to go out? for me it's Art Deco, Cherry and in the summertime Doin' Time  :brows:

National Anthem,Off to the races, West Coast, High by the Beach, Doin ' Time  and sometimes Summertime Sadness

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

ooh yes west coast me too!! cruel world sometimes too!!

West Coast gets me slut dropping everytime! :dance:

Cruel World is a Mood!

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2:

Do you think there’s any chance she’d go back on SNL?

Edit: I think now would be the time. It’s been a while since the first appearance, she’s released and performed more, and up for the Grammys again. It could give her more visibility, but at the same time I don’t know that she needs it. I would just love to see her go on and wow America.

Edit: I think now would be the time. It’s been a while since the first appearance, she’s released and performed more, and up for the Grammys again. It could give her more visibility, but at the same time I don’t know that she needs it. I would just love to see her go on and wow America.

No. 

It could be good, and yes now would be the time

But even if she did, she has equal chance of making it a win or a loose. She'd probably forget the lyrics, for instance.

have we ever discussed this blind item?

The three named singer/ingenue has been in contact with the disgraced producer. He wants her to be seen in public with him. The thing is though, he can't offer her money because she has plenty of her own and he really can't offer a movie, so I'm not sure what's in it for her. She is talking to him a lot though, so you never know. At some after party last night she texted him nonstop.

Lana Del Rey/Harvey Weinstein

obviously she has retired Cola, but was it written before or after this?

Completely random but after posting my last status I just realized that I need to hear Lana cover Crush With Eyeliner by R.E.M.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXM19PVE1-A

It's allegedly about Courtney Love so we could end up with crackheaded Courtney tweets if Lanz covered it. Heart-Shaped Box, anyone? 

Anyway, I just came in here to declare that I'm positively terrified of what Lanz's resolution for 2020 might be, considering that this year's was terrible and things have uh ... detoriorated of late. 

The three named singer/ingenue has been in contact with the disgraced producer. He wants her to be seen in public with him. The thing is though, he can't offer her money because she has plenty of her own and he really can't offer a movie, so I'm not sure what's in it for her. She is talking to him a lot though, so you never know. At some after party last night she texted him nonstop.

Where's this from?

ur legit gonna look the same stop buying oil of Olay face cream

About the Harvey, I think Cola was written was during their... thing  :ohno:  :usrsney:  :ohno: . I remember I saw some news at the time this disgusting exposed came out that she originally wrote "Harvey is in the sky", but she changed because he asked? So now is "Ah, he is...", althought I still hear H*****  :awkney2: (this song is ruined for me tbh)

It's allegedly about Courtney Love so we could end up with crackheaded Courtney tweets if Lanz covered it. Heart-Shaped Box, anyone? 

Anyway, I just came in here to declare that I'm positively terrified of what Lanz's resolution for 2020 might be, considering that this year's was terrible and things have uh ... detoriorated of late. 

Where's this from?

http://www.foxella.com/he-wants-her-to-be-seen-in-public-with-him/

32c003478b7ec35a4b8ae368a22ebabc5be17593

It could be good, and yes now would be the time

But even if she did, she has equal chance of making it a win or a loose. She'd probably forget the lyrics, for instance.

Tbh she’d prob just do Blue Jeans and OTTR; she’d be fine

If by not 'up to par' you mean distilling the worst elements that only kind of work in songs, sure. I could put a dictionary audiobook on shuffle and put it to an instrumental of old money and some of y'all would still be saying it's 50/50 lmfao.

8LQ1.gif

Im having another phase where all I want to listen to is Wild On You.

Have you ever thought about how the production would sound if it went further?

I was thinking something softer like Black Beauty, but probably quieter in the chorus, like the Angels Forever verses.

I can't really imagine strings though unless very soft in the background.

Been thinking about Taylor's speech mentioning Lana:

"I've watched as one of my favorite artists of the decade, Lana Del Rey, was ruthlessly criticized early in her career, and then slowly but surely she turned into, in my opinion, the most influential artist in pop. Her vocal stylings, her lyrics, her aesthetics, they've been repurposed everywhere in music. "

What other artists besides Taylor and Halsey do you think have imitated aspects of Lana's music/aesthetics?

(intended for general discussion, not accusing anyone of copy-catting her)