Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

12 hours ago, Fingertips said:

Lana studied Philosophy at Fordham. She's an intellectual; there is absolutely no way she didn't know who Joni Mitchell was.  :pls:

This woman was listening to Britney Spears and Jewel at Fordham. I definitely think she knew who Joni was in passing but let’s not act like she doesn’t exaggerate to seem more “artistic” at times. 

26 minutes ago, For K said:

33783900-A3-F3-4785-9-CBE-F0-D55-F2-CCDF3.png 

um…. Did Ben listen to the full thing? :delish:

It's giving "so true bestie" 

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Courtney Love is annoying and her comparing Lana to Kurt Cobain leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Am I the only one scared for Lana’s life? I feel like that interview was somewhat propositioning Lana as this star who’s going to tragically die young like Kurt. But maybe I’m reading too much into it. 

I hope Lana stays away from Courtney after this! But I’m sure she knows how Courtney is and isn’t too personally upset by her comments.

4 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Courtney Love is annoying and her comparing Lana to Kurt Cobain leaves a weird taste in my mouth. Am I the only one scared for Lana’s life? I feel like that interview was somewhat propositioning Lana as this star who’s going to tragically die young like Kurt. But maybe I’m reading too much into it. 

I hope Lana stays away from Courtney after this! But I’m sure she knows how Courtney is and isn’t too personally upset by her comments.

She’s always been rude and blunt but I wouldn’t call her a liar-she is truthful despite her toxicity-I’m sure Lana just befriended her to get to know Kurt tbh 💀 though she apparently likes Malibu(not anywhere near courts best work).

15 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

I agree, but I don’t think Lana would be blind to Courtney’s weirs behavior. She’s known to be a bad influence, but Lana is very wise, especially nowadays. I would be more worried if Lana was her younger self. But I don’t think Kurt and Lana should be drawn with too many parallels.

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

How does a friend complimenting Lana turn into fearing for her life and safety. Never change Lanaboards :eartha:

42 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

Kurt Cobain is one of Lana's great idols, so this comparison is the best compliment someone can give her

43 minutes ago, This Feeling said:

I’m-

🗣🗣🗣🗣

IMG-1607.jpg

1 hour ago, evalionisameme said:

off topic but I’m hoping for no more mac situations on Oceans, there was a lot of retro singer songwriter inspo on her Jack records which could have lead to lawsuits due to similar melodies/progressions.

wtf, Jack copied everything 

1 hour ago, This Feeling said:

I haven’t read the interview but I doubt it. Doubt Courtney even thinks it. 

but, to be fair, when UV was out, with its unapologetic lyrics, with her weird interviews (whether she was misquoted or not), with its tragic undertone, I was sure that by the time she was 40, we’d find that Lana had ODed or something on her bathroom floor :bebe: Glad I was mistaken though and all her other albums after that reassured me. 

2 hours ago, evalionisameme said:

off topic but I’m hoping for no more mac situations on Oceans, there was a lot of retro singer songwriter inspo on her Jack records which could have lead to lawsuits due to similar melodies/progressions.

omg :judgingu3:

21 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yeah, she was real lucky no lawsuit was filed-see this song further below:

:deadbanana::rip:

10 minutes ago, evalionisameme said:

Yeah, she was real lucky no lawsuit was filed-see this song further below:

you can sing wild at heart over it

She needs to sue Lady Gaga too then for You and I. This Anna girl needs to get her coins!

okay to be fair that Anna Nalick song/the songs that sound like it use a very common chord progression that for some reason lends songwriters to come up with the same melody for it over and over again, like You and I by Gaga for example and more recently Thoroughfare by Ethel Cain which uses the same melody too, and ik there are other songs like it as well that i can’t remember at the top of my head rn 😭 but that other song that sounds like MAC is actually kind of uncanny, same rhythm and everything…

8 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

okay to be fair that Anna Nalick song/the songs that sound like it use a very common chord progression that for some reason lends songwriters to come up with the same melody for it over and over again, like You and I by Gaga for example and more recently Thoroughfare by Ethel Cain which uses the same melody too, and ik there are other songs like it as well that i can’t remember at the top of my head rn 😭 but that other song that sounds like MAC is actually kind of uncanny, same rhythm and everything…

The melody is very similar to wild at heart though in parts… even the mention of cars 💀

There’s also parts that have an identical melody to mac with the breakdown drum beat

2 hours ago, This Feeling said:

which interview are we talking about. also lana and courtney are incredibly close. i don't think you should feel worried about her life.

giphy.gif?cid=790b761167f1bae274183a253d