Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

No. I just pay a lot of attention to the production. Nfr had none

No one will take you seriously if you spew hyperbole and dramatics 

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

TNC and worst don't belong in the same sentence when Guns and Roses and Lolita exist

lolita, one of her worst songs? sure, i can get behind that. but i'll NEVER understand why so many people dislike guns & roses, it's definitely one of my favorites off of ultraviolence. 

gf0OBqU.gif

lolita, one of her worst songs? sure, i can get behind that. but i'll NEVER understand why so many people dislike guns & roses, it's definitely one of my favorites off of ultraviolence. 

G&R has the blueprint to be a great song, but I don't know of a more repetitive chorus. It's fine to have a chorus that repeats a line, a word, a phrase, but G&R is just lazy. Flipside should have taken its place. 

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

TNC is bad because its so far from Lana, she was basically just covering a beatles song, like that is not her music at all, the same thing with BPBP is just a fleetwood mac song

for real

but both grew on me to the point I'm able to not skip them while listening to LFL. to me they're far from being her best songs... especially TNC, it's too "beatlesy" for me and I don't really like john lennon or the beatles (but I recognize their huge value and influence in music history, just not my taste)

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

I think that if we've learned one thing from Lana, is that she doesn't have a singular identity, and that she orients her albums towards one era of American culture. I feel like TNC is the most representative of the 60's and 70's that the album cover draws inspiration from? 

To me the two songs weren't "drawing inspiration" they just felt like clones or rip offs, but it was purposely done, i dont think they are terrible songs, but they just dont suit Lana in the slightest, especially BPBP, that was just...awful

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

Because the chorus is one sentence in a boring melody. And Lolita's production is amazing, it's one of those songs I can't skip after the first note & it's so energetic & catchy. 

To me the two songs weren't "drawing inspiration" they just felt like clones or rip offs, but it was purposely done, i dont think they are terrible songs, but they just dont suit Lana in the slightest, especially BPBP, that was just...awful

Yeah, I agree with you about BPBP. Should have stuck with the demo

Yet people are agreeing. Nfr production compared to btd or uv production is pretty much nothing

We all listen to music for a variety of reasons. Some for the production, some for the lyrics. To sit here and say that NFR has "no production" as a way to dismiss the quality of the music, is factually incorrect. VB is more intricately produced than some songs on Honeymoon and most on Lust for Life. 

We all listen to music for a variety of reasons. Some for the production, some for the lyrics. To sit here and say that NFR has "no production" as a way to dismiss the quality of the music, is factually incorrect. VB is more intricately produced than some songs on Honeymoon and most on Lust for Life. 

Of course "no production" is a hyperbole, we are aware that it's not an acapella album. But compared to everything up to honeymoon the production is pretty boring & basic. VB is the one exception which you cherry-picked.

Of course "no production" is a hyperbole, we are aware that it's not an acapella album. But compared to everything up to honeymoon the production is pretty boring & basic. VB is the one exception which you cherry-picked.

The only songs that you can pick from NFR as basic, while still maintaining your argument, are Love Song, NFR, California, and Happiness is a Butterfly.

The Greatest, Venice Bitch, Mariners, Fuck It I Love You, Bartender's meandering instrumental, hope being her most stripped down song to date, Cinnamon Girl's industrial/electronic instrumentation aren't just me "cherry picking"

I know that I'm a mess with my long hair and my sun tan, short dress, bare feet
I don't care what they say about me, what they say about me
Because I know that it's L-O-V-E
You make me happy, you make me happy
And I never listen to anyone

7cf18f916c76496838bb078b36ed9708af32170e

I thought I was in the COCC pre-release thread ?

Tell people to stop making baseless hyperbolic statements and we can move onto COCC  :usrs:

let's not act like lolita doesn't have one of the best bridges lana has made 

ahhh in general i miss LDR bridges  :toofunny: thats the main reason why im not too big of a fan of her working with jack... the lack of bridges kills me and i feel gets rid of that flare she is always able to add to a song with a bridge.

Yeah, I agree with you about BPBP. Should have stuck with the demo

There was no way that song could have stayed the same as the demo on any final album: “She wants to die and she should fucking try”... Could anyone get away with those lyrics ?!?? I mean, I don’t mind darkness and depression in a song, I don’t mind a song about contemplating or suggesting suicide, but a song suggesting she should do it?!? Ouf!!!!

However, the final song is really detached from any real emotion and that is why I don’t love it. The lyrics aren’t bad, but we can hear that she reworked the whole thing to have Stevie in board and be a “duet with an iconic legend”.