Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

Off topic (sorry) but I recently purchased something from the US store before it was available on the UK store. I wanna cancel and reorder on the UK store to save money. Will they refund? Also any idea how long it usually takes...

not u guys trying to say taylor copied lana when taylor is way more talented as a songwriter and has literally professed admiration for LDR. u guys are annoying like actually.

hey kids,spelling is fun

jokes aside I think taylor swift is talented , I don't really wanna compare them 

...just you and me feeling the heat even when the sun goes down...

not u guys trying to say taylor copied lana when taylor is way more talented as a songwriter and has literally professed admiration for LDR. u guys are annoying like actually.

You’re not wrong though. Lana is extremely talented and I absolutely love her songwriting, especially in NFR, but I too think Taylor is a better songwriter overall. I still love Lana more than I will probably ever love Taylor, but I can’t go on saying Lana is a better songwriter than Taylor, I’d be lying to myself, especially after reading all of the lyrics on folklore. Bringing up Taylor’s cringy lyrics is questionable, Lana has cringy lyrics too. It all depends on the context of the song.

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

You’re not wrong though. Lana is extremely talented and I absolutely love her songwriting, especially in NFR, but I too think Taylor is a better songwriter overall. I still love Lana more than I will probably ever love Taylor, but I can’t go on saying Lana is a better songwriter than Taylor, I’d be lying to myself, especially after reading all of the lyrics on folklore. Bringing up Taylor’s cringy lyrics is questionable, Lana has cringy lyrics too. It all depends on the context of the song.

Nope. Lana is 2x better songwriter than Taylor... Sirens > Folklore. Songs in Folklore are kinda flat...

Mmeow~

Nope. Lana is 2x better songwriter than Tailor... Sirens > Folklore. Songs in Folklore are kinda flat...

Kinda flat? We haven’t heard the same album, luv. Lana is brillant at songwriting, but you can’t compare Sirens to folklore

I'll do it for the right reasons

Withstanding all the time, changes and seasons

~?~

Taylor writes catchy lyrics..rhyming

And very on the nose mostly.

Cheesy and very um superficial.

Lana writes really like um stuff you need to understand and ponder.

Hell lot of metaphors and such a profoundness to them..

there is nothing wrong with my views or beliefs because i have freedom of speech and everything I'm saying is true

Taylor writes catchy lyrics..rhyming

And very on the nose mostly.

Cheesy and very um superficial.

Lana writes really like um stuff you need to understand and ponder.

Hell lot of metaphors and such a profoundness to them..

you've obviously never heard all too well, or any of Taylor's non-single album cuts.

giphy.gif

there is nothing wrong with my views or beliefs because i have freedom of speech and everything I'm saying is true

you've obviously never heard all too well, or any of Taylor's non-single album cuts.

exactly

? Ok . I love ALL too well and like I said. Taylor's lyrics are easier to understand..

It doesnt come anywhere close to Hope or MAC. Ride. Old Money. Young and Beautiful. nfr etc.

I'm not saying Taylor is bad. Her lyrics are overall on the surface and easier to understand..

Kinda flat? We haven’t heard the same album, luv. Lana is brillant at songwriting, but you can’t compare Sirens to folklore

Maybe I need to listen to this more. Yea. This is stupid to compare.

Mmeow~

? Ok . I love ALL too well and like I said. Taylor's lyrics are easier to understand..

It doesnt come anywhere close to Hope or MAC. Ride. Old Money. Young and Beautiful. nfr etc.

I'm not saying Taylor is bad. Her lyrics are overall on the surface and easier to understand..

except what you're forgetting is that something being on the surface / easy to understand ≠ bad or simple songwriting. taylor has shown time and time again that she has the ability to write with nuance and make personal experiences feel universal by writing about them from an analytical perspective. i love ldr as a songwriter, but to pretend that her writing isn't also full of cliches would be lying.

giphy.gif

Nope. Lana is 2x better songwriter than Taylor... Sirens > Folklore. Songs in Folklore are kinda flat...

I agree. Taylor’s lyrics come from a place of recycling and overall superficial musing, it’s teeny and kinda fake profound. She’s in her 30s but her lyrics are basic. Lana has had a lot more life experiences which come through when she writes. And yes I do agree Lana too has cringe lyrics but you can tell that happens when she “does Lana” and I believe it’s intentional.

When Taylor does Taylor is still the same basic stuff, and when Taylor wants to do Deep Taylor it’s basically the same basic stuff but with words like Pennsylvania. Like, that ain’t it.