Sitar

Random Lana Discussion Thread

I’m all for her being the industry bad girl again, but the second her name got attached to racism and blue lives matter, my heart sank. Cause I know she isn’t (well I don’t believe she is) but that stigma will never ever go away. And it hasn’t. Every time a pic of her pops up it’s a viral tweet with “oooh Karen Del Rey!! Is it just me or does she just LOOK racist? All that time fucking cops aged her 10 years hahahahaha”

so at this point I just want her to go back into her little bubble and just put out songs and keep it moving. Cause people are rabid and she is absolutely terrible at handling criticism (criticism she invited with that bullshit ig rant but whatever) 

sorry this has nothing to do with anything but it’s just something I’ve been thinking about 

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

1 minute ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

I’m all for her being the industry bad girl again, but the second her name got attached to racism and blue lives matter, my heart sank. Cause I know she isn’t (well I don’t believe she is) but that stigma will never ever go away. And it hasn’t. Every time a pic of her pops up it’s a viral tweet with “oooh Karen Del Rey!! Is it just me or does she just LOOK racist? All that time fucking cops aged her 10 years hahahahaha”

so at this point I just want her to go back into her little bubble and just put out songs and keep it moving. Cause people are rabid and she is absolutely terrible at handling criticism (criticism she invited with that bullshit ig rant but whatever) 

sorry this has nothing to do with anything but it’s just something I’ve been thinking about 

I've noticed this too, and it's tiring. But that's just Twitter. Sometimes I think users on there only care about kicking up a fuss and don't actually care about the very thing they're cancelling her for. To them it really is just entertainment. 

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I've noticed this too, and it's tiring. But that's just Twitter. Sometimes I think users on there only care about kicking up a fuss and don't actually care about the very thing they're cancelling her for. To them it really is just entertainment. 

exactly. 

49 minutes ago, House of Balloons said:

she should do a social media blackout, that would be so iconic 

Well i still remember when she did that for a white mustang video...fucking wack white mustang video can you imagine...CRICKETS

3 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

Literally like I was defending lana non stop after that post then all on my Facebook feed was all this shit about Lana being racist and glamorizing abuse. I took a month of listening to Lana, i unfollowed her on all socials, even her honeymoon account. And then a month later I listen to btd and I felt REBORN. I will never stop adoring lana.

Also I was getting hate from my friends too, they were attacking me for loving Lana and shit. 

I think on Lana's part, most of her ignorance doesn't stem from her wanting to actually hurt people. There's people out there with the intention to actually cause malice to others, and I think that's the difference between Lana and the KKK for example. But people only want to focus on her and misconstrue every aspect of her actions without an ounce of empathy. They run to their Twitter accounts and bash her just for clout. I know those types of people don't actually care about racism, but rather just to have an excuse to paint her as a bad person and nothing else. It's actually disgusting and harmful. 

I'm sure we as Lana stans realise what she has done wrong in the past, but at the same time we also know Lana isn't the brightest when it comes to social issues. I know deep down Lana doesn't mean to cause legitimate harm to others. She's just a woman writing poetry in her LA home and collecting 'Live Laugh Love' signs to hang up over her fireplace. That's pretty much it. 
These fake woke people can call her a 'Karen' all they want, but at the end of the day, there are legitimate racists out there that deserve the anger they absolutely love to put on Lana.

I'm not saying Lana hasn't done/said stupid shit, but this hate for her is getting ridiculous and only exists for chasing clout most of the time.

Anyways I'm ranting, but let's hope with the COCC release people will perhaps let her just have her moment and to not bash her out of boredom. :eek2:

♡  standing stoic blue and denim, eyes not blue but clear like heaven 

2 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I think on Lana's part, most of her ignorance doesn't stem from her wanting to actually hurt people. There's people out there with the intention to actually cause malice to others, and I think that's the difference between Lana and the KKK for example. But people only want to focus on her and misconstrue every aspect of her actions without an ounce of empathy. They run to their Twitter accounts and bash her just for clout. I know those types of people don't actually care about racism, but rather just to have an excuse to paint her as a bad person and nothing else. It's actually disgusting and harmful. 

I'm sure we as Lana stans realise what she has done wrong in the past, but at the same time we also know Lana isn't the brightest when it comes to social issues. I know deep down Lana doesn't mean to cause legitimate harm to others. She's just a woman writing poetry in her LA home and collecting 'Live Laugh Love' signs to hang up over her fireplace. That's pretty much it. 
These fake woke people can call her a 'Karen' all they want, but at the end of the day, there are legitimate racists out there that deserve the anger they absolutely love to put on Lana.

I'm not saying Lana hasn't done/said stupid shit, but this hate for her is getting ridiculous and only exist for chasing clout most of the time.

Anyways I'm ranting, but let's hope with the COCC release people will perhaps let her just have her moment and to not bash her out of boredom. :eek2:

PERRY@ PERRY.

52 minutes ago, Bunny Mozart said:

I'm not saying Lana hasn't done/said stupid shit, but this hate for her is getting ridiculous and only exists for chasing clout most of the time.

Virtue signaling and cancel/call out culture are just clear signs of our times. Instant gratification reflected into instant justice. Quite frankly it doesn't leave much room for interpretation and comprehension, nor room for nuances or debate of views that cannot be reduced to 140 characters. You walk that fine line of being cool/woke, until you're problematic and #cancelled as if there is no in-between.

Can't wait to see how she will address this on COCC. :creep:

40 minutes ago, TheSwaggerAndTheLips said:

I’ve been thinking this too. We know Lana doesn’t handle criticism well from how she handled the BTD reviews and comments she made regarding that criticism.

I hope her skin has thickened since then and won’t deter her from making her art (music), because critics are going to drag her for her recent IG posts and criticism even though it has nothing to do with the music.

1 minute ago, landofGodsandMonsters said:

Did we figure out who the old man is in her IG story??

Me

Hell, I Suppose if You Stick Around Long Enough, They Have to Say Something Nice About You