Elle

Lana feature in Billboard Magazine - February 25th, 2023 [INTERVIEW] - Updated

2 minutes ago, lilac heaven said:

wow, very shocked at the reaction to this, i thought it was great! very insightful on how her creative process has changed, i enjoyed reading about her relationship with jack. i’ll take intimate lyrics about her family and what’s made her who she is over “kiss me in the d-a-r-k dark toniiiiight”

the intimate lyrics being "chucky’s making birthday cake" and "nikki jumped into the pool" :lmao:

1 minute ago, littleredpartydress said:

Right. I also don’t know why people are acting shocked by this when 1. All insiders have made it clear the themes of this are very family-related and 2. She’s been singing like this for 4 years now? :rip: 

it’s exhausting :rip: her writing these last few years has been so much more mature and layered and sustainable. i really just don’t think lana is the artist for some fans anymore and it’s a hard pill to swallow

2 minutes ago, fishtails said:

I'm happy we got that other part of that interview but where did it even come from lol like its not a part of the article online...is it from the print version?

Yeah, did they mistakenly not upload the full thing maybe?

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

3 minutes ago, lanasbottom said:

the intimate lyrics being "chucky’s making birthday cake" and "nikki jumped into the pool" :lmao:

Stop cherry picking those two lines when she has plenty of tracks with cringeworthy and jarring lines since the beginning of her career.

There's a hole that's in my heart all my women try and heal
They're doin' a good job convincin' me that it's not real
It's heat lightning
Oh, oh
'Cause there's a man that's in my past, there's a man that's still right here
He's real enough to touch and in my darkest nights
He's shinin'

I said, "I'm scared of the Santa Clarita Fires, I wish that it would rain"
I said, "The power of us three can bring absolutely anything
Except that one thing, the diamonds, the rust, and the rain
The thing that washes away the pain"

Summer comes, winter goes
Spring, I skip, God knows
Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows
Every time it turns to May
All my sisters fly to me
To paint, paint

tumblr_pne98wa26x1wk694yo1_500.gifv

"You can't be a muse and be happy, too.

You can't blacken the pages with Russian poetry and be happy." - Blue Banisters

I asked Asmodeus (the demon of lust) to make Miley Cyrus suffer. I am not happy with these new developments. After Miley rips off Lana's aesthetic, she bullies Lana into changing her release date. It is infuriating. 

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I can't "relate" to her family either (having to relate to every song you listen to or book you read is extremely narcissistic and juvenile), but she still is so talented that she can evoke such strong emotions from me, the listener. I don't give a fuck what she's singing about as long as the music continues to be great! :eartha:

same! i love it when artists namedrop/sing directly about people from their life, it doesn't get more personal n real than that!

thinking of Bob Dylan's "Sara" & Joni's "Ladies of The Canyon"

sure, maybe it's less relatable overall but it's so very sweet & I mean we still all have families& friends of our own, just bc they have different names doesn't mean we can't think of them/our relationships w them too as we listen :wub: I know when she sings about Chuck making birthday cake, I think of baking with my own little sister:wub: 

sorry for that word vomit but tldr: seated AF for Fingertips! you won with your username its legit gonna b her magnum opus.:trisha:

Just now, lanasbottom said:

you forgot how after Jenny jumped into the pool, her and Lana had a conversation about how difficult it is to love an artist, and how no man follows through on his words and leaves anyway because it’s too much. which Lana illustrates and describes in 1 verse and 1 chorus

3 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Yeah, did they mistakenly not upload the full thing maybe?

I just looked around on Google and it seems like Billboard separated the interview into two different articles for some reason lol 

Here's a link to the newer one if anyone else is curious: https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.billboard.com/music/music-news/lana-del-rey-family-tunnel-under-ocean-blvd-album-1235258689/amp/

6 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

I can't "relate" to her family either (having to relate to every song you listen to or book you read is extremely narcissistic and juvenile), but she is still so talented that she can evoke such strong emotions from me, the listener. I don't give a fuck what she's singing about as long as the music continues to be great! :eartha:

Exactly! People are too lazy, like maybe I can't relate to the specific members of her family, but I can relate to the feelings she evokes while singing about these things.

Even Jenny jumping into the pool, or Chucky's making birthday cake, these moments paint such loving and nostalgic pictures that I almost feel bad for people who can't connect.

and just like… just the whole point of Blue Banisters (song) is doing all of the normal and domestic things with your friends and family instead of men, and how even if men try to convince you that you’re too much for them, you’ll never be too much for the women that actually love and respect you for who and what you are. if you get it you get it!! very excited to see the other stories she illustrates on Ocean Blvd, especially with Fingertips. such good insight from this interview

13 minutes ago, Fingertips said:

Stop cherry picking those two lines when she has plenty of tracks with cringeworthy and jarring lines since the beginning of her career.

There's a hole that's in my heart all my women try and heal
They're doin' a good job convincin' me that it's not real
It's heat lightning
Oh, oh
'Cause there's a man that's in my past, there's a man that's still right here
He's real enough to touch and in my darkest nights
He's shinin'

I said, "I'm scared of the Santa Clarita Fires, I wish that it would rain"
I said, "The power of us three can bring absolutely anything
Except that one thing, the diamonds, the rust, and the rain
The thing that washes away the pain"

Spring, I skip, God knows
Spring, I sleep, Heaven knows
Every time it turns to May
All my sisters fly to me
To paint, paint

the only good part here are the outro lyrics sawry 

Omg people on here are so lame sometimes:headache: I’m not gonna say her new lyrics are necessarily that bad even though I don’t think it is the lyrical genius that people try so hard to say it is. But getting so pent up that people don’t like when she name drops her family members in songs is so weird. Tbh, if Lana doesn’t deliver with this album she probably isn’t the artist for me anymore, but I can still enjoy her new music and not like the name dropping and also prefer her old style of songwriting more:agree:  Simple lyrics aren’t bad and the way her “simple” lyrics captured an aesthetic and emotion so strongly was always what was so captivating about Lana to many people. Idk it’s such a weird argument like some people like the newer stuff more and some people like the older stuff more who cares:um2:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・