x VB

Somerset, ENG @ Glastonbury Festival - June 24th, 2023

I absolutely agree with @barttttender

When were huge music gigs ever in time?

I've been to countless shows, of all sizes and genres, and 80% of them were late. It's almost always technical issues. 

I saw Bjork last year who's a total professional with her work and she was still 20 minutes late, because her orchestra had issues.

We don't know what happened with Lana's show.

She won at the end because the Video Games acapella performance was rock n roll. It is proof that she is loved, respected and moves mountains. She's arguably the second/third biggest female singer in the world right now. 

She's a rockstar.

On 6/28/2023 at 4:53 AM, HT71 said:

some people will excuse their idols anything. I will not; i hold them to the same standards I hold myself to.

I assure you, everything Lana put into that show - late or not - was of a higher standard than you could deliver. get over it

1 hour ago, PARADIXO said:

I absolutely agree with @barttttender

When were huge music gigs ever in time?

I've been to countless shows, of all sizes and genres, and 80% of them were late. It's almost always technical issues. 

I saw Bjork last year who's a total professional with her work and she was still 20 minutes late, because her orchestra had issues.

We don't know what happened with Lana's show.

She won at the end because the Video Games acapella performance was rock n roll. It is proof that she is loved, respected and moves mountains. She's arguably the second/third biggest female singer in the world right now. 

She's a rockstar.

She has had a recent theme of lateness and specifically said it was because of her hair and not because of technical issues. If I paid money to see someone and they say they're late because they didn't take the time to get ready I would be upset. 

7 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

She has had a recent theme of lateness and specifically said it was because of her hair and not because of technical issues. If I paid money to see someone and they say they're late because they didn't take the time to get ready I would be upset. 

and thats’s okay

1 minute ago, PARADIXO said:

and thats’s okay

So you think it's okay if you pay to schedule a doctor's appointment and the doctor shows up 30 minutes late and his only excuse is he has to do his hair? People can just ignore obligations? Sorry but you sound very blinded by the fact it's Lana. 

2 minutes ago, Strangelove said:

So you think it's okay if you pay to schedule a doctor's appointment and the doctor shows up 30 minutes late and his only excuse is he has to do his hair? People can just ignore obligations? Sorry but you sound very blinded by the fact it's Lana. 

dior you are a lovely individual but comparing lana to a doctor is not a good analogy

3 minutes ago, cinnamongirI said:

dior you are a lovely individual but comparing lana to a doctor is not a good analogy

Thank you for the compliment. Either way, if you pay to see someone at a certain time that person should make every effort to be there on time. Period. 

I always thought punctuality was only an annoying thing in my country (GER). :eyeroll2: I guess people in Southern Europe can only laugh about it. I once had a Greek boss who was late even to his own meetings. He was the coolest boss ever because he didn't care if other people were late either.

it was only an issue because it was a festival with an actual schedule and curfew. but 100% all of the the shows I've been to never started on time tbh I think only a few that I watched at smaller festivals

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

Yeah it's probably her fault, but we don't really know.

She didn't commit a crime either.

Maybe it's time to forgive. :heart:

907291445147340821.gif?size=96&quality=l

the way this discussion is still going :toofunny:

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg 

6 minutes ago, Unidentified Major Tom said:

Yeah it's probably her fault, but we don't really know.

She didn't commit a crime either.

Maybe it's time to forgive. :heart:

Are any of you guys hiring in NYC for IT? I would love to show up 30 minutes late to work. :godlaugh:.:smile2:.

On a serious note I wish fans as much sympathy for her with the Question For The Culture and no mask controversies.

I kinda feel like there’s no point in discussing whether Glastonbury was technical difficulties vs. her own fault, it’s been a week and what’s done is done. If it was her fault (which I’m inclined to believe since shes 3/3 for being late), I hope learns and shows up on time for the upcoming shows this week!

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

lol I just said that your opinion is as valid as mine. Not whatever metaphor you came up with :rip: 

Also, for those making other career comparisons, if being a singer was a standard career, Lana would not be the average IC employee, that would be the newer, smaller and upcoming artists. At Lana’s level she would be Manager, Director, Executive, CEO, someone who can get away with doing a lot. Not defending her but there’s no point in doing such silly comparisons

2 hours ago, Strangelove said:

Oh Gertrude...