Elle

Lana covers Rolling Stone UK - April/May 2023 [INTERVIEW]

Anybody knows when these will start to ship? I ordered from the official UK site as soon as it dropped and still no updates

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

On 3/10/2023 at 6:34 AM, wildflowerwildfire said:

i wasn't going to buy the b&w version but as a collector i couldn't resist :sass:

omg I love your pfp

Lana Del Rey behind the scenes of her Rolling Stone UK cover shoot

I mean, what can I say? There's poetry in everything. Everyone's a poet. Everyone's an artist.

Hi, I'm (laughs)

We're going to do this eleven times, you ready?

Hey, I'm Lana! (laughs) We're gonna use all of these.

Hey, I'm Lana Del Rey and we are on the set of my Rolling Stone UK cover shoot.

Lana Del Rey on Kintsugi

Kintsugi I started writing naturally when my sister and my dad and I were at my great uncle Dick's hospice in Manhattan Beach with all 50 of the Grant members. Kintsugi is the art of filling broken pottery with liquid gold in the hopes of making it even more beautiful than it was before. I almost don't even need to explain that metaphor, the idea of falling apart and rebuilding one's life back up even more beautifully, but I wasn't really going for a metaphor when I wrote it. I was actually talking about my uncle because he's a poet of 9 books, and inventor, and a very interesting self-described anarchist. Because he had been in my garden two years before, he passed with my grandmother who was in my garden with him two years before she passed at 92 as well. He had been reading this poem that we have filmed called "Holding Back the Night," so to go from "Holding Back the Night" in my backyard to being around his bed with all 16 of my family members singing in 14-part harmonies, I just thought to myself, "Oh my god, like, I always thought I sang just to get out of my small town" and then I realised that has nothing to do with it, and then somehow I went from talking about family to, you know, people I'm dating, to talking to my dad like that I miss them, and then I think it ends with the line "let the light shine in." I think I say that a few times in the record. 

Lana Del Rey on the most important lesson she's learnt through her work

Sometimes there is no lesson. In the stories, like, in the things that we go through, I'm always looking for what's the lesson. Sometimes it's nothing. Other than, I would say to not repeat that mistake again, but I generally do, and for that reason I'm like there's still not a lesson. I would say there is a lesson in saying no and staying vigilant about keeping the wrong things out as opposed to being too open.

Lana Del Rey on the minutia of everyday life

I think everything that I write comes out of the minutia. I can't remember the last time I wrote something from like a Birdseye view perspective. Why I think it's important to sort of stay vigilant about like keeping the peace around my own heart is because every time I come to a stoplight at like a different corner of where I'm living or staying, I want to feel present in that moment and like be present enough to look around and think about like how beautiful that building is or whatever. When I'm distracted by like, you know, things I've let affect me, I don't notice anything. It would be like being here and being excited that I'm here but not, you know, being able to like actually know that it's not even, it's about the shoot but it's also bigger than that. It's like about being together, and I really think that's also what is making the music good if it's good in any capacity. It's like the idea that it's nothing in the music is really about me. It's always all about the people around me, and I think the funny thing is like you learn the most about somebody through seeing them interact with other people.

A post shared by LanaBoards (@lanaboards)

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

4 minutes ago, Elle said:

Lana Del Rey behind the scenes of her Rolling Stone UK cover shoot

I mean, what can I say? There's poetry in everything. Everyone's a poet. Everyone's an artist.

Hi, I'm (laughs)

We're going to do this eleven times, you ready?

Hey, I'm Lana! (laughs) We're gonna use all of these.

Hey, I'm Lana Del Rey and we are on the set of my Rolling Stone UK cover shoot.

Lana Del Rey on Kintsugi

Kintsugi I started writing naturally when my sister and my dad and I were at my great uncle Dick's hospice in Manhattan Beach with all 50 of the Grant members. Kintsugi is the art of filling broken pottery with liquid gold in the hopes of making it even more beautiful than it was before. I almost don't even need to explain that metaphor, the idea of falling apart and rebuilding one's life back up even more beautifully, but I wasn't really going for a metaphor when I wrote it. I was actually talking about my uncle because he's a poet of 9 books, and inventor, and a very interesting self-described anarchist. Because he had been in my garden two years before, he passed with my grandmother who was in my garden with him two years before she passed at 92 as well. He had been reading this poem that we have filmed called "Holding Back the Night," so to go from "Holding Back the Night" in my backyard to being around his bed with all 16 of my family members singing in 14-part harmonies, I just thought to myself, "Oh my god, like, I always thought I sang just to get out of my small town" and then I realised that has nothing to do with it, and then somehow I went from talking about family to, you know, people I'm dating, to talking to my dad like that I miss them, and then I think it ends with the line "let the light shine in." I think I say that a few times in the record. 

Lana Del Rey on the most important lesson she's learnt through her work

Sometimes there is no lesson. In the stories, like, in the things that we go through, I'm always looking for what's the lesson. Sometimes it's nothing. Other than, I would say to not repeat that mistake again, but I generally do, and for that reason I'm like there's still not a lesson. I would say there is a lesson in saying no and staying vigilant about keeping the wrong things out as opposed to being too open/

Lana Del Rey on the minutia of everyday life

I think everything that I write comes out of the minutia. I can't remember the last time I wrote something from like a Birdseye view perspective. Why I think it's important to sort of stay vigilant about like keeping the peace around my own heart is because every time I come to a stoplight at like a different corner of where I'm living or staying, I want to feel present in that moment and like be present enough to look around and think about like how beautiful that building is or whatever. When I'm distracted by like, you know, things I've let affect me, I don't notice anything. It would be like being here and being excited that I'm here but not, you know, being able to like actually know that it's not even, it's about the shoot but it's also bigger than that. It's like about being together, and I really think that's also what is making the music good if it's good in any capacity. It's like the idea that it's nothing in the music is really about me. It's always all about the people around me, and I think the funny thing is like you learn the most about somebody through seeing them interact with other people.

a creative genius and a well-spoken queen — the rolling stones interview was one of her best interviews imo!

Edited by lanita
added some words

17 hours ago, Fireffie said:

Anybody knows when these will start to ship? I ordered from the official UK site as soon as it dropped and still no updates

I think they shipped them already a few days after I bought it, but there is no tracking number, so I guess the magazines are still making their way through the Brexit chaos. 

Did anyone from UK (or somewhere else) get their B&W variant already? So far I saw only photos if the colored version. I am wondering if only the cover differs. 

It was expensive watch it 

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

Incredible Q&A interview 

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

not she saying that fingertips is not a good song

13 minutes ago, imasadboy said:

Incredible Q&A interview 

https://hannahewens.substack.com/p/lana-del-rey-interview-2023-to-have-met-myself

I'm sorry, but is this even a real interview? Who tf is Hannah, it says this site was created 7 days ago :sideeye:

Just now, Crimson and Clover said:

Lolol she interviewed her for the original Rolling Stones interview we received 2 weeks ago 

Oh, that site looked suspicious, so thanks for clarifying. :party:

28 minutes ago, takemybreath said:

She goes into detail about Behind The Iron Gates

I have that for sure. And that was your second book of poems and all of them are gone?

Two years ago I started working on it… in May it’ll be three years. When I started it, Jack [Antonoff] has seven of the songs that he did the orchestration to, so there’s seven of them but the ones that give context to the seven that I did were really, really, really long and very much about…one of the lines was like, ‘I know it’s an unpopular opinion in 2022 but I still wanna get married and fall in love with you’ or something but it was a long rant about what is feminism, what is da da da da da... It gave so much context too. And it’s something I could never remember. It was something where you think of it and you have to do it immediately and if you don’t do it in the first five seconds, you won’t get it. So - I’m pissed!

It’s almost like you need to have a conversation with a girlfriend at that starting point and zone out and just rant and record it, word vomit your feelings and thoughts on it and see if anything familiar comes out.

It’s hard because it’s all this stuff I would never say. So hmmmm…there’s no lesson in that by the way. And it’s not like it pushes you along to make the book. I don’t wanna make it at all now.

So will you make a new one?

I’ve got the six or seven…I remember everything I was thinking because it’s all around one concept so I’ll just have to see what happens. It was good though. The stuff that Jack still has is good.

What’s the concept? 

Ahhh [laughs]. It’s called Behind The Iron Gates. I had the cover drawn by this beautiful illustrator.

I love the cover of the Violets book. I have it with me actually. I love the oranges. 

By Erika Lee Sears. By far and away the most amazing painter. I wanted to see if I could get in touch with David Hockney but then I met Erika and I was like wow, oh my god. 

I love that your author pic is a selfie too. Because it’s the pandemic and you’re not going to get headshots done.

Yeah, totally. And I was happy that day. I was super blonde because with the pandemic – I’m really blonde anyway, like your colour – I had to keep lemoning my hair in the sun because I didn’t want the roots to grow out really blonde so by the end of those two years I was just white blonde again. 

[gets out notepad] I made some notes when I was listening through the new album for the first time…

I have the ugliest journal I’m writing in currently but it’s going so well.

That’s always the way and you buy a beautiful one and you either don’t want to write in it or you write garbage notes in it and feel it’s ruined. 

Totally. 

27 minutes ago, imasadboy said:

Incredible Q&A interview 

The way I read the article through the gap between the paywall and my internet browser LMAO :eartha:

Lana:

I think the biggest lesson that I’ve learned is that there is no lesson in these hard lessons, you just have to let it go. Not everything is going to be revealed as to why weird things happen. However, I do have a theory that if you’re trying your best and you’re willing to let go of things that you feel don’t serve the greater good of your value system, then I think you’ll always be in the right place at the right time. If you’re teetering on the edge of doing something that’s against your value system, it’s like, be careful of where angels fear to tread, they might not be able to reach you.

:wowcry:

5 minutes ago, esotericfaerie said:

when fingertips is in my top 3 from the album but lana says it’s not good …. 😐

some people just dont have taste :makeup: for example, Lana!! 

I bet she's so lucky Untitled-video-Made-with-Clipchamp.gif to have a voice like that

last.fm