honeymo0n

Lana song(s) you simply cannot listen to anymore

I was randomly thinking about some Lana songs i have not listened to in a veryyy long time and i realised there are a few that i don't necessarily dislike, but simply can't listen to - either because they make me recall some bad memories or remind me of some weird stuff. for example: (i know this will sound very stupid but :toofunny:) i cannot listen to "this is what makes us girls" because every time i hear the song itself/something about it, i get reminded of this silly picture :hillary::

Spoiler

photo-9943.jpg

do you guys also have songs that you can't listen to because of some other reasons besides simply disliking the sound/lyrics? maybe you have some memories that you don't want to recall anymore attached to certain songs which, in turn, "ruined" the listening experience for you? i'd love to know!

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

Honestly… most of Born To Die :bebe:

I’m trying my hardest to make new memories with this record, but it’s just that I’ve listened to it for the first time in 2012 and I was a cringey teenager who was depressed in a bad relationship lol, so each time I get flashbacks to those times (and I have to admit that after listening to BTD for 10 years all the songs are a bit overplayed for me). Especially “This is What Makes Us Girls” but for another reason: I used to associate those lyrics to my bffs and now that we don’t talk to each other it’s really hard to listen to it without them:crai:

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

Dark Paradise because I when I was like 15 melodramatically texted it to my ex like three days after he dumped me after we dated for maybe a month. That song takes me right back to that moment and brings up so much cringe. :omfg2:

It’s my fav Lana song so it’s not like I’ve stopped listening to it but this has always put a dampener on it ever since..

basically when I was 16 I got a boyfriend for the first time (via Reddit which makes it worse omfg) and when we met irl it was pouring down with rain and we were sharing some wired earphones and when she sang “kiss me hard in the pouring rain” we kissed and now whenever she sings that I just remember my kinda ugly Reddit boyfriend I had for three weeks..

LORN - ANVIL [Official Music Video] GIF | Gfycat 

no but some of them bring up some horrible memories lols

Just now, Get Drunk said:

It’s my fav Lana song so it’s not like I’ve stopped listening to it but this has always put a dampener on it ever since..

basically when I was 16 I got a boyfriend for the first time (via Reddit which makes it worse omfg) and when we met irl it was pouring down with rain and we were sharing some wired earphones and when she sang “kiss me hard in the pouring rain” we kissed and now whenever she sings that I just remember my kinda ugly Reddit boyfriend I had for three weeks..

I SPAT MY WATER OUT BYE

what if the cockroaches have psychedelic pussy?

10 minutes ago, honeymo0n said:

I was randomly thinking about some Lana songs i have not listened to in a veryyy long time and i realised there are a few that i don't necessarily dislike, but simply can't listen to - either because they make me recall some bad memories or remind me of some weird stuff. for example: (i know this will sound very stupid but :toofunny:) i cannot listen to "this is what makes us girls" because every time i hear the song itself/something about it, i get reminded of this silly picture :hillary::

Hide contents

photo-9943.jpg

do you guys also have songs that you can't listen to because of some other reasons besides simply disliking the sound/lyrics? maybe you have some memories that you don't want to recall anymore attached to certain songs which, in turn, "ruined" the listening experience for you? i'd love to know!

I'm sorry but it made me laugh :rip: Couldn't agree more but I find it very funny tho. I never really liked TIWIMUG but this picture made it funnier (not in a good way 💀).

But beside that it's a really great question!

It bothers me whenever I hear the way she sang 'They built me up three hundred feet tall just to tear me down' in Arcadia. It sounds exactly like my ex would parody some Broadway singing..

Funny how just few seconds can ruin the whole song a bit :noparty:

tw / sensitive topic

I can't listen to Freak anymore because it reminds of one of exes who I had very toxic and abusive relashionship with

It was his favorite song and he used to sing it to me all the time. It feels kinda traumatic to listen to it now... 

─── ・ 。: *.☽ .* :。 ───

9.gif

You're the king mafia baby
I am the Queen of Alchemy

18 minutes ago, Fireffie said:

Honestly… most of Born To Die :bebe:

I’m trying my hardest to make new memories with this record, but it’s just that I’ve listened to it for the first time in 2012 and I was a cringey teenager who was depressed in a bad relationship lol, so each time I get flashbacks to those times (and I have to admit that after listening to BTD for 10 years all the songs are a bit overplayed for me). Especially “This is What Makes Us Girls” but for another reason: I used to associate those lyrics to my bffs and now that we don’t talk to each other it’s really hard to listen to it without them:crai:

This! I feel so cringe now hearing 'Now my life is sweet like cinnamon' and I was screaming those lyrics out loud thinkin I ate :bebe: However BTD will always has a special place in my heart because it is essential to my younger self :xcry:

White Dress

i was giving many chances this song but i just can't convice myself to liking it. it just don't hit to me and i don't think i would play this song in next few years :um2:

1 minute ago, Veinsineon said:

Put Me In A Movie is just a weird ass song. I wish there was a demo with different lyrics 

I love Put Me In A Movie but I absolutely don't play it in public bc it's so weird. (I know what she means when she sings it but....still...)

giphy.gif

I barely listen to AKA bc one time I went on the most picture perfect date w a guy I was in love w, and on the long ass train ride there I played the whole album and stared out the window and took in the sights, and like I swear to god that was the last moment I was fully conscious :air: I remember it all so well it was so colorful and vivid. Fuck men!!!!! He was evil!!!

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce: