honeymo0n

Lana song(s) you simply cannot listen to anymore

24 minutes ago, Louise said:

Did you see Aaron's (ForWhateverReason on yt) review? He played both and immediately choase the demo. But I prefer the studio.

It isn't Lana songs, but the videos. When the audio to Ride was released, it grew on me until I soared on the melody and the bridge . . . Ride lifted me to the sky, then a week later the video came out and smashed me to the gutter.

No I’ll need to watch it! Thanks for the tip!! I also love the videos too….except for white dress what is that pls :oic2:

33 minutes ago, finalgirl said:

BB (album) especially those three unreleased gems. I used to be so attached to them so much but ever since Lana threw them into Blue Banisters as YouTube rips, I haven’t been able to properly listen to them… it just pisses me off 😭

Plsss I took them off BB and left them on my Melancholia compilation 💀 

whatarecoloris.jpg

6 hours ago, Louise said:

What are you saying? You were drugged? Wow. Sorry.

omg no :defeated:wtf LOL I just mean it was such a vivid moment in my mind and nothing since has ever felt as vivid- as if it was the last time I was truly “conscious” (exaggeration) 

edit: being on mod queue is a fucking joke, I posted this 4 hours ago and its still waiting to be approved by a mod. and the only reason im on mod queue is cause I called some songs on ocean blvd "amazing" across a handful of posts "without spoilers". utter joke

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

most of the comments say born to die which is so interesting bc that album (and AKA) feels the most light-hearted and "removed" to me and bc of p poor memory i have nothing that bad associated w it 😍 i've listened to it prob the most of any album and it just makes me feel like the 12yo who wanted nothing more in life than to have a von dutch bowling bag again

ive said this maybe 10 times now on this site lol but what i can't listen to is wildflower wildfire!! i can't wait until 10 yrs from now when i've forgotten everything and can just listen to + love wfwf for what is is :pray:

mUENGN9.png

Cinnamon Girl makes me feel uneasy for some reason so I don't listen to it very much. At times Tulsa Jesus Freak gives me that same feeling too, but I quite like that song so idk

I barely listen to Breaking Up Slowly, but I can’t believe I slept on Dark But Just A Game for so long (I've only ever played it three times). I really need to catch up on its brilliance :defeated:

♡⋆*.⋆ ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

8 hours ago, bluedealer said:

I'm sorry but it made me laugh :rip: Couldn't agree more but I find it very funny tho. I never really liked TIWIMUG but this picture made it funnier (not in a good way 💀).

it's okay lol i find it quite funny too, i just cant take the song seriously anymore because of it :hillary:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I hate to say it, but Venice Bitch :hide:

You have to understand, I was STARVING for NFR! to drop. And for like an entire year we only had MAC and VB to listen to. (Obviously Hope dropped in Jan, but I didn't listen to it as much as VB.) So unfortunately, I overplayed it. Unless I'm listening to NFR! as a whole, VB is always a skip for me, I fear 

14 minutes ago, bluevelvetcola said:

I hate to say it, but Venice Bitch :hide:

You have to understand, I was STARVING for NFR! to drop. And for like an entire year we only had MAC and VB to listen to. (Obviously Hope dropped in Jan, but I didn't listen to it as much as VB.) So unfortunately, I overplayed it. Unless I'm listening to NFR! as a whole, VB is always a skip for me, I fear 

Because the append of VB onto Taco Truck is the heavier, demo version, maybe it will fall fresh on your ears . . . from the review on Gigwise:

the epic finale ‘Taco Truck x VB’ replays the entire end of ‘Venice Bitch’ with added beats and strings

Gigwise gave the album 10/10! Buzz is fever pitch!

Disclaimer: I am saying from the virgin perspective of avoiding leaks . . . I, too, would like to experience DYKTTATUOB in one listen the way it is meant! Except for the singles. Of course I enjoyed those, esp. The Grants.

1 hour ago, Louise said:

Because the append of VB onto Taco Truck is the heavier, demo version, maybe it will fall fresh on your ears . . .

Oh for sure, as much as VB has been overplayed for me I am so excited to hear Taco Truck. It might also give me a fresh perspective on the original VB

4 hours ago, Louise said:

Because the append of VB onto Taco Truck is the heavier, demo version, maybe it will fall fresh on your ears . . . from the review on Gigwise:

Gigwise gave the album 10/10! Buzz is fever pitch!

Disclaimer: I am saying from the virgin perspective of avoiding leaks . . . I, too, would like to experience DYKTTATUOB in one listen the way it is meant! Except for the singles. Of course I enjoyed those, esp. The Grants.

The VB sample is from the demo? Omg :excited:

whatarecoloris.jpg

Fuck it I love you ..

Spoiler

Most of NFR, honestly 

I was in the worst place of my life mentally, and that unfortunately makes me recall most of it. 

Spoiler

Recently I've started to give NFR another try since 2020 and its growing on me... takes time I guess. :um2:

unnamed.gif

13 hours ago, The Stargirl Pinky said:

The re-worked BB version of Thunder because it was perfect as it was and didn’t need to be changed :true:

Echoing this statement by including TNBAR because I’ve never listened to the whole thing out of spite after the demo was butchered for the album!!

Young & Beautiful because it’s been overplayed to death and I hate that it’s one of her most well known songs when it’s not even close to one of her best. 

Beautiful because it’s insufferable. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

Im going to say Ride :bebe:

Not that I hate it at all, I used to love it, I don’t skip it, but everytime it comes on, I feel nothing towards it anymore. The video is also a bit overrated (except for the monologue). 

8 hours ago, Alison by Slowdive said:

most of the comments say born to die which is so interesting bc that album (and AKA) feels the most light-hearted and "removed" to me and bc of p poor memory i have nothing that bad associated w it 😍 i've listened to it prob the most of any album and it just makes me feel like the 12yo who wanted nothing more in life than to have a von dutch bowling bag again

ive said this maybe 10 times now on this site lol but what i can't listen to is wildflower wildfire!! i can't wait until 10 yrs from now when i've forgotten everything and can just listen to + love wfwf for what is is :pray:

WFWF has got to be the biggest disappointment in her career for me, because it really doesn’t showcase at all what Mike Dean could do as a producer. Like you’re working with Mike effing Dean and it sounds like something her LFL could have pulled off. 

None for me tbh, I think that comes with the fact that I listen to music more sporadically and only when I'm in a certain mood, so I don't feel like I've ever overplayed a LDR song.

However,  I had memories attached to NFR specially and I couldn't bear to listen to Norman and FIILY in early 2020, I'd have a complete mental breakdown LMAO but I guess I got desensitized bc nowadays I can listen to them, np :whatever2:

If had to say one song I  can't listen too, is her cover of Goodbye Kiss. That shit hits way to hard.

13 hours ago, shadesofearthquakes said:

Florida Kilos just bc it’s shit

I swear some of you just don't like her fun songs. :facepalm:

OP: This is actually quite hard. There are a few songs I don't listen to as much as I used to but I still consider them "my faves". I think I really can't stand Summertime Sadness anymore. It's probably her most overplayed song. I get why it's so popular though...It was one of the songs that got me into her and I still think it's one of her best but it's been very worn out.