Elle

Québec, CAN @ Festival d’été de Qc - July 15th, 2023

7 minutes ago, Orville Peck said:

the way she still has that dark tone in her voice. :defeated:

Oh yes definitely. 

She surely can still deliver  the melancholic tone that was prevalent from 2012-2015.

I think Jack isn't that familiar with those chord progressions.

We saw it return with Jon - candy necklace and the interlude

7 hours ago, Louise said:

The connoisseur is happy to come across this live soundcheck. It is as though Lana recorded it specially for her fans! You experts can tell me which songs are represented!

With stunning vocals over some beautiful piano notes, singing some of her best song lyrics, this mashup is all I want to hear from her.:flutter:

If it was improvised, then I find it even more beautiful.

8 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

On what planet is this a nice capture 

Composition-wise, because it is centered. The nesrine.bdj on IG appears to be right in front of the screen, and turned and captured it just on time!

Paul Thomas who shot the soundcheck came through for the fans also with concert fan cam . . . I needed a good view of Candy Necklace, er, I mean a clear audio. This has it! HOW do Blake, Byron, Lana, et al, keep the music atmospheric in front of a festival audience? Listen how Blake does the subtle notes to compliment Lana's voice. It is like old school jazz, with a small band where the drummer uses brushes and the instruments speak a language the musicians only know, but let the audience in.

With recordings this good, it is easy to pick out highlights - which ones did you notice? Here is the link: https://www.youtube.com/@HuntPaul333/videos

Hunt-Thomas.jpg

9 minutes ago, ShadesOfFool said:

not to kill the vibe but i don’t think that sound check video necessarily means anything

i think they were just jamming/warming up

yeah and it's not the first time she soundchecks to songs she's not performing :creep:

1 minute ago, West Coast said:

yeah and it's not the first time she soundchecks to songs she not perfor:creep:ming 

we know it's just a bit odd that she soundchecked with lyrics from a 2008 song, it's not something recent that could just pop into her head 

˚୨୧⋆。˚ ⋆ 𝑤𝚑𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝚑𝑜𝑡 𝑓𝑜𝑟𝑒𝑣𝑒𝑟 ⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

4f630a5930678baafabe4bcd583b9d1f.jpg

I must say I never really doubted how good/fitting the dancers are, I think it works 98% of the time--but with Video Games... I knew what was coming and I giggled. :teehee: