Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

49 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

also sweet being a top 10 career moment if you get it you get it if you don’t i’m sorry i hope you feel better soon because that second verse delivery and instrumental … she was insane for that

Sweet is at least top 7 on the album. Definitely one of my favorites. :trisha:

I’m so glad that Fingertips is getting more love. The second I heard it, I knew it was one of my favorites. I cried during my first listen. I was teary eyed from the start but when she said “drive-by” tears started falling.

It’s one of those tracks that you listen to every once in a while and that’s the beauty of it. Unfortunately, it’s probably going to end up being one of those songs we never get to hear live (for obvious reasons) like Bel Air. It’s truly a GORGEOUS song. 

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

9 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I still listen to ‘Peppers,’ ‘LTLI,’ ‘TT,’ & ‘Fishtail’ a lot, to ‘Margaret’ & ‘CN’ less frequently, ‘Sweet’ & ‘P,T’ once in a while, and the rest, never. 

I’m glad most seem to be enjoying it still, all or part. 

songs i listen to a lot:

OB

AW

CN

Taco

Let the Light in

5 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Why is everyone acting like the album is 10 years old? 

:toofunny: It's like when the title track came out and one week later some were like "omg it still sounds so good" 

7 hours ago, Coney Island King said:

Why is everyone acting like the album is 10 years old? 

Perhaps--perhaps--because it hasn't had a lot of "replay value" for some. Being only a moderate fan of it, it feels/seems to me like a failed experiment--and I realize that most members/Stans do not feel that way at all. So, like 'Watercolor Eyes,' which I was also only a moderate fan of, it does seem like it was released a considerable time ago.

I recall one member said about the BB album, 'I played it once and never again,' and while that has not been my experience to OB, I can relate. 

3 minutes ago, blackenedrussianpoetry said:

I’ve been meaning to say that Kintsugi would be the thesis of Lana’s career- that is making the beauty out of ugly circumstances (fixing broken pottery : the circumstances / with golden platinum : her approach/romanticization of it)

Yes but Beautiful did it first,her true magnum opus.

LASSO

lasso.gif

SEPTEMBER 2024

9 minutes ago, Let the Light In said:

Yes but Beautiful did it first,her true magnum opus.

Yes I originally ought to make a mention to Beautiful but the subjected “you” in that song makes me think as no other than her lover while Kintsugi- she solely talks of herself. That’s what I thought…

11 hours ago, Vertimus said:

I recall one member said about the BB album, 'I played it once and never again,' and while that has not been my experience to OB, I can relate. 

I’m crying cause that was probably me

tenor.gif?itemid=9308137

let's be real, all you bitches wanna look like me

23 hours ago, mssainttropez said:

I’m so glad that Fingertips is getting more love. The second I heard it, I knew it was one of my favorites. I cried during my first listen. I was teary eyed from the start but when she said “drive-by” tears started falling.

It’s one of those tracks that you listen to every once in a while and that’s the beauty of it. Unfortunately, it’s probably going to end up being one of those songs we never get to hear live (for obvious reasons) like Bel Air. It’s truly a GORGEOUS song. 

For real. When the song first came out, some were calling it a snoozefest, trauma-dump and all sorts of things without looking into the lyrics. I even love the repetitive melody but it's a shame most of the people never understood the beauty of that song. Now I am seeing more and more people appreciating the song which feels GREAT!

Still an amazing album :oprah: every track is just phenomenal for me. Candy Necklace, A&W, Let The Light In, Fingertips, Kintsugi, Paris Texas, Ocean Boulevard, Grandfather, let's just say ALL SONGS (yes even the interludes) are perfect their own and they all sound so beautiful. Gorgeous production, brilliant lyricism. The melodies are very stunning too. And of course the album photoshoot! The tracks are like different from eachother but they have some kind of similarities too. Each song has their own story, their own place in the album and their own quirks. Even the music video for Candy Necklace is so pretty and phenomenal! My favorite music video of hers!

This album is like a documentary of Lana's life, her hopes and dreams (well, at least for me). Those songs she has sang from the album so far, sound really great in live too! Lana created such a timeless masterpiece and I hope she knows that too! One of her best albums with one of her best songs of her career! Candy Necklace stan forever! :thankyou:

url%5D