Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

i hope the music videos from this era weren’t on the camcorder that was stolen :ohno:

nonetheless, the title track NEEDS a classic homemade video from her and pls can we get more videos Lana idc for whichever song just grace us with something :toofunny:

On 7/14/2023 at 6:22 AM, Let the Light In said:

This album aged poorly for me. There’s no way I can go back and listen to the whole album from start to finish as it is extremely incohesive. Only some songs. 

hard disagree i think it still sounds so fresh with only a few songs i skip (interludes and CN occasionally)

i still listen to it in full on the regular 

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

18 minutes ago, Bonita said:

i hope the music videos from this era weren’t on the camcorder that was stolen :ohno:

nonetheless, the title track NEEDS a classic homemade video from her and pls can we get more videos Lana idc for whichever song just grace us with something :toofunny:

first album without mv for the first single... but again, times have changed. No one cares about mvs that much anymore.

2 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

hard disagree i think it still sounds so fresh with only a few songs i skip (interludes and CN occasionally)

i still listen to it in full on the regular 

See I’m almost the opposite, listening to it in full is not a satisfying experience for me but the songs individually have grown on me a ton! I love this record but I’m hoping Ldr 10 is more cohesive sonically because I love albums like that:true:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

so sad seeing sweet as one of the least voted for songs on the poll :icant: i absolutely love it, it has to be one of my faves on the album :trisha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

I think I just have a pacing/ intellectually curious mind but i went out for a bit and while I was having fun and living through different focuses internally and externally, I had a thought and loved how when you think about it, the juxtaposition but also similarity between Candy Necklace's escape to Grandfather's freedom is just so life-rhythmic to think about. kinda like an ebb to a flow of paces and I love how extrasensory it can feel and be while you're swimming from and in between different focuses. I'm wondering if I'm describing it in a precise capture the moment pov, but I love it. it kinda feels like a well-chosen outfit, or how a friend knows just the right way to make you smile in the moment whew beautiful epiphanies! 

UV/Honeymoon

10 hours ago, honeymo0n said:

so sad seeing sweet as one of the least voted for songs on the poll :icant: i absolutely love it, it has to be one of my faves on the album :trisha:

finally some GOOD MF FOOD

sweet being a top ten career moment 

the song is so gorgeous and heartfelt with the second verse’s delivery absolutely ripping my guts from my stomach it’s so fcking good

atp i think people dislike it because everyone else said it was a filler track before we had even listened to it

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

12 hours ago, LanaBalkana said:

Could someone who has the talent to make one of these AI songs replace Judah Smith with Lana’s speaking voice? :fabcat:

oh my god yes please

29 minutes ago, ultrabanisters said:

atp i think people dislike it because everyone else said it was a filler track before we had even listened to it

Kinda feels like a filler track for a 3rd song on the tracklist

I listened to the album in full (minus the Judah Smith interlude) while on a road trip and it really hit me for some reason like the whole thing finally clicked for me as a body of work :lange: It's an almost 10/10 album had the Judah Smith interlude been replaced with an actual song (perhaps the one that CN replaced?).

I don’t really wanna die, I just want the pain to be over

On 7/16/2023 at 10:53 AM, ultrabanisters said:

finally some GOOD MF FOOD

sweet being a top ten career moment 

the song is so gorgeous and heartfelt with the second verse’s delivery absolutely ripping my guts from my stomach it’s so fcking good

I think of Sweet as a perfect little Broadway musical tune. The lyrics and the melody are certainly beautiful. If there ever was an LDR musical, that song can be Lana' s (the lead's character) intro song aka "I want" song.

Would I have placed this song at number 3 on the playlist? No. It's super slow and takes the wind right out of the record - wind that wasn't strong to begin with tempo wise.