Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

Just now, Rust Dress said:

ivoryalmond thinks that hollywood bowl is better than half of the songs on OB, they said in the other thread

I mean, facts.

I love how Lana manages one great song at least on every record (even her dad's). Except BB, all songs are flops there (sorry, Lanita).

12 minutes ago, barttttender said:

I mean, facts.

I love how Lana manages one great song at least on every record (even her dad's). Except BB, all songs are flops there (sorry, Lanita).

Flops?!? Text Book, Black Bathing Suit, Cherry Blossoms, Arcadia, ect... C'mon  I don't get the hate for BB album, it's F*****G GREAT! Now you can Blacklist me, LOL

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

14 minutes ago, TexasTraveler said:

Flops?!? Text Book, Black Bathing Suit, Cherry Blossoms, Arcadia, ect... C'mon  I don't get the hate for BB album, it's F*****G GREAT! Now you can Blacklist me, LOL

None of those songs are even in my top 100 Lana songs. Maybe Black Bathing Suit. But the chorus is so basic, stupid and disjointed to the rest of the song ("He said I was bad, let me show you how bad girls do"). I guess if I had to name three off that album it'd be Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down Next to Me and Arcadia)..

5 minutes ago, barttttender said:

None of those songs are even in my top 100 Lana songs. Maybe Black Bathing Suit. But the chorus is so basic, stupid and disjointed to the rest of the song ("He said I was bad, let me show you how bad girls do"). I guess if I had to name three off that album it'd be Black Bathing Suit, If You Lie Down Next to Me and Arcadia)..

Black bathing suit is lana’s best song :nails:

1 minute ago, barttttender said:

It's a fine song. Does it come anywhere near Venice Bitch, West Coast, Ocean Boulevard, Video Games, etc? Not even close.

Ok we are making progress. We went from flops to a fine song, I can live with that. LOL

with the absolute heart of the poem of life butchered out of their own bodies good to eat a thousand years

it's so silly that almost every day we're arguing about Blue Banisters on this forum :eartha:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

3 minutes ago, TexasTraveler said:

Ok we are making progress. We went from flops to a fine song, I can live with that. LOL

lmao

Well, I'm not gonna lie and say everything is terrible. The album has a few bright spots, mainly Black Bathing, Arcadia, If You Lie Down Next to Me, Wildfire, and Thunder. I can live with the title track as well. (Though none of the songs has entered my top 50, even prefer Hollywood Bowl to any of them, for examples).

If the whole album had that quality, it woulda been fine. But instead, we got Interlude (the Trio), a bunch of recycled unreleased songs that no one wanted, and utter shite like Beautiful, Sweet Carolina, Violet for Roses, and Text Book (her worst opening tack ever)

No fighting here, please :et:

Just some thoughts:

Let The Light In is one of her best songs and collabs of her career. It has a quirky warm cozy domestic vibe with also the Beatles and hippie and nature and 60s, it's like Tomorrow Never Came 2.0 but not too much alike. 

Candy Necklace is perhaps top 10 worthy ballads of her career, also song. It's like a 'murder ballad' but it's also like a lullaby. It deserves to be a soundtrack in a movie too.

A&W easily one of her gloomiest songs ever lyrically. It's like folk-grunge-piano-rock-acoustic-trap-trance. One of her best songs of her career.

Ocean Blvd is amazing but the live version of the song is even better. Brilliant track tho.

Paris Texas is has such a cute instrumental, it's like such a raindrop-esque ballad, I can't describe it's kinda a song melodically I would hear in British or in other Western European soap series. 

Fingertips, hate it or not, has her best lyrics. She spilled everything she wanted to talk about. Same with Kintsugi, although Fingertips is more doomed thematically.

url%5D

10 minutes ago, barttttender said:

lmao

Well, I'm not gonna lie and say everything is terrible. The album has a few bright spots, mainly Black Bathing, Arcadia, If You Lie Down Next to Me, Wildfire, and Thunder. I can live with the title track as well. (Though none of the songs has entered my top 50, even prefer Hollywood Bowl to any of them, for examples).

If the whole album had that quality, it woulda been fine. But instead, we got Interlude (the Trio), a bunch of recycled unreleased songs that no one wanted, and utter shite like Beautiful, Sweet Carolina, Violet for Roses, and Text Book (her worst opening tack ever)

i just threw up a lil in my mouth

dont talk bad abt sweet carolina and violets for roses

VIOLETS FOR ROSES IS MY 3RD FAVORITE LANA SONG EVER

the earth shattered, the sky opened

tumblr_p594n81oiC1x11ydmo2_400.gif

that rain was fire, but we were wooden

21 minutes ago, ivory almond said:

i just threw up a lil in my mouth

dont talk bad abt sweet carolina and violets for roses

VIOLETS FOR ROSES IS MY 3RD FAVORITE LANA SONG EVER

I just wrote that you have exquisite taste in another thread. I take that back :D

On 8/15/2023 at 2:13 PM, honeymo0n said:

it's so iconic that almost every day we're arguing about Blue Banisters on this forum :eartha:

agreed, a beautiful album.

also, I've been seeing lots of butterflies around me lately and I'm taking it as a positive sign lemme listen to Grandfather 

UV/Honeymoon

On 8/15/2023 at 11:19 PM, barttttender said:

lmao

If Arcadia wasn't followed by The Trio... it just wouldn't be the same. Agree about Beautiful and Sweet Carolina tho.

On 8/15/2023 at 10:19 PM, barttttender said:

lmao

We'll really pray for you, Kathy.