Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

3 minutes ago, The Sun Also Rises said:

Why is AV Club using a video that's called "Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Official Video" and then it's Get Free :um3: Did they not check it at all or listen to the album at all or what ... no wonder they put it as no. 5 when it should have been no. 1 :derpna4:

I tried contacting them, but I can't find any e-mail. Their Twitter is automatic, it seems like nobody actually uses it either.

2 hours ago, Evergreen said:

Wake up honey, new year-end lists just dropped :smokes:

A.V. Club's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #5

Coup De Main's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #5

Entertainment Weekly's Best Albums of 2023: Ocean Blvd #6

not another batch of lists to put GUTS and the record above Ocean Blvd  (at leat Sufjan Stevens is finally getting at least one #1 somewhere)

1 hour ago, bluechemtrails said:

boygenius now more than 40 points ahead, it's almost impossible to catch up  :krylie:

https://www.albumoftheyear.org/list/summary/2023/

she needs more Top 3 placements while boygenius and GUTS not touching Top 10 (which is impossible now)

giphy.gif

1 hour ago, Pink Flamingo said:

I liked the record, but if they win AOTY... Lana or Sza deserve it:legend:

If you look back at previous years, no album that has ended up #1 on there has won AOTY at the Grammys, so it doesn’t necessarily mean they will win. I do think that they are taking Best alt album though. 

15 minutes ago, Surf Noir said:

i didn't like kintsugi at all when i listened through the album for the first time, but i felt the urge to listen to it the other day and i would say i like it now! but i will say, i wish her voice wasn't so muffled on it :eek3:

Kintsugi and Fishtail are so muffled it is busted, there is no excuse at this point to have low quality material 

31 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Kintsugi and Fishtail are so muffled it is busted, there is no excuse at this point to have low quality material 

She probably sang them through a piece of paper or something for the aesthetic like on Beautiful People Beautiful Problems but yeah I'm not really a fan of it either

10 minutes ago, White Hot Forever said:

She probably sang them through a piece of paper or something for the aesthetic like on Beautiful People Beautiful Problems but yeah I'm not really a fan of it either

Yeah, I think it kinda works in Kintsugi for the same reason it works in BPBP but it just sounds horrible in Fishtail.

8 hours ago, White Hot Forever said:

On Kintsugi and Fishtail (imo) it sounds clear it's all EQ to make it muffled. On LFL it was so obvious that she used that paper shit.

the muffled quality on fishtail makes it soooo unreleased collection vibes like its sooo 2008 - 2009 Lizzy Grant I mean the palm trees in black and white lyric :heart:and the outdated cheap beat drop kinda gives backfire to me idk :smile: 

neway tomorrow the final round of Grammy voting opens allegedly so hopefully we get another magazine cover? or interview? or something maybe a cunt IG post? soon from Lana :nails:

tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo4_250.gif   tumblr_otaqmarVHa1u9dqtjo3_400.gif  tumblr_mlk5fk2dDZ1s6jvbvo7_250.gif