Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

2 minutes ago, The Rhino Designer said:

It's the same reviewer who tanked Chemtrails with a 30 when it was sitting at 85 on Metacritic. 

They do this every time with her.

They need to be reported to Metacritic. This is completely intentional and it's bullshit.

I mean they gave most of her albums really good scores pre-NFR. It seems like they don’t like the direction she took after that. 

how can we report this shit to Metacritic that they shouldn't include this review to the site?

let's create twitter threads

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

The way that this site also gave Taylor Swift a 48/100 for Midnights is pure misogynistic.

We can only pray for 2 or 3 100/100 scores to pull this album to at least 85/100, but it seems like a wishful thinking rn, hopefully by the end of this release week, we get more positive reviews to cleanse this mess by these fuckfaces who are trying to sabotage her portfolio.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

2 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

The score shouldn't go down more than 1 point, especially once they add the Record Collector review to MC.

Why haven't they added it yet? That's weird.

21 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

Did you know that it’s a giant critical faux pas to introduce records by a feature as banal as the material fact of their runtime?

Did you know that this latest Lana del Rey record does contain some measure of robust and moving songwriting about topics other than sex, death and California?

Did you know that Antonoff is not only back behind the desk for this one, but now also on mic duties?

Did you know that the remaining features are frittered between such indulgent misfires as “Peppers” and the already infamous “Judah Smith Interlude”, or else wasted on songs as hopelessly banal as “Candy Necklace” and “Let The Light In”?

Did you know that the audacity of this song ripples like an earthquake through the rest of the record? 

Well, did you know that Lana?

Lmaooo this "review" is like some sort of parody, help :bebe:

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

The way that this site also gave Taylor Swift a 48/100 for Midnights is pure misogynistic.

We can only pray for 2 or 3 100/100 scores to pull this album to at least 85/100, but it seems like a wishful thinking rn, hopefully by the end of this release week, we get more positive reviews to cleanse this mess by these fuckfaces who are trying to sabotage her portfolio.

I think we're pretty much done after this, which is why that same reviewer waited. He did the same thing w/ Chemtrails to lower the score. 

30 minutes ago, hotshot2am said:

only time i hear about that cesspool of a site is when they negatively review her albums, make of that what you will :sideeye:

Capture.jpg

3 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

the question is this editor that rated both cotcc and ocean blvd hates lana and her work, really sounds personal 

Yeah I get it, but this is like another Alexis Petridis from The Guardian situation. Some people that don’t like her are going to be allowed to review the album. Don’t think there is anything we can do about that. 

Personally I just don't think you should review an album if you can't put aside the fact that you don't like the artist and objectively listen to it :coffee:

imageproxy.jpg