Elle

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Post-Release Discussion Thread + Poll

Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd - Poll  

1,060 members have voted

1. 1. What are your favourite tracks from Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd?

• The Grants
    • Did you know that there's a tunnel under Ocean Blvd
    • Sweet
    • A&W
    • Judah Smith Interlude
    • Candy Necklace (feat. Jon Batiste)
    • Jon Batiste Interlude
    • Kintsugi
    • Fingertips
    • Paris, Texas (feat. SYML)
    • Grandfather please stand on the shoulders of my father while he's deep-sea fishing
    • Let The Light In (feat. Father John Misty)
    • Margaret (feat. Bleachers)
    • Fishtail
    • Peppers (feat. Tommy Genesis)
    • Taco Truck x VB

standout tracks for me are grandfather, let the light in, candy necklace, fingertips, and ofc a&w. there’s some things i would change (parts of peppers & taco truck) but besides that wow this is an album i fully liked, from beginning to end. no skips, i even liked the interludes. 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

5 minutes ago, HT71 said:

I listen on streaming, but am far from being a casual listener.

Yeah I didn’t mean that anyone who listens on streaming is a casual listeners, but most of them who are won’t go under the surface to understand what she really meant (while if you are a fan of hers it’s pretty obvious that she’s talking about her mother).

I think she censored it because it’s still pretty controversial in our society to say bad things about mothers, even if you have the worst mother on earth there a lot of people who will still say things like “well she gave birth to you, she gave you this, that etc” and won’t understand. So maybe the reason why she did that it’s because she didn’t want casual people to make assumptions about her life when they know nothing about her history.

idk maybe I’m over analysing it :what: but I don’t think it was random

13.04.2018 Rome - Lana wore my hat! 

Dying by the hand of a foreign man, Happily
Calling out my name in the summer rain, Ciao amore

I just learned that Grandfather's instrumental is based on this piano instrumental track from RIOPY called 'Flo' and it's so beautiful but Jack Antonoff had the chance to ruin it towards the end just to have a climax with noise. :smh: Lana PLEASE NEVER WORK WITH JACK ANTONOFF AGAIN :toofloppy:

yyxy | youth youth by young | yyxy

I THREW CAUTION TO THE WIND, GET ONTO THE BIKE

TAKE A MINUTE TO YOURSELF, SKINNY DIP IN MY MIND

IM IN LOVEEEE, IM IN LOVE

GOT A KNIFE IN MY JACKET, HONEY ON THE VINE

BABY I’LL BRING THE COFFEE IF YOU BRING THE WINE

IM IN LOVEEEE, IM IN LOVE

megan-thee-stallion-twerk.gif

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

14 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Is it safe to say that this might be one of her most accessible album? 👀

:um2: not sure I fully agree (and keep in monde that I’ve only begun listening to the album). At the moment, some parts are (the last stretch of the album has viral moments in store for sure),  but others need some adjusting to (Fingertips, Kintsugi, the interludes…) 

5 minutes ago, yyxy said:

I just learned that Grandfather's instrumental is based on this piano instrumental track from RIOPY called 'Flo' and it's so beautiful but Jack Antonoff had the chance to ruin it towards the end just to have a climax with noise. :smh: Lana PLEASE NEVER WORK WITH JACK ANTONOFF AGAIN :toofloppy:

what...

22 minutes ago, Yameena Khatri said:

Is it safe to say that this might be one of her most accessible album? 👀

I feel the complete opposite. Maybe her least accessible album. It’s her most experimental, complex, longest, and least pop. I can see a lot of people not having it click with them. 

It’s not about having someone to love me anymore

This is the experience of being an American whore

every time she says Rockefeller my umbrella, chills! like that melody is just so beautiful. then to pair it with everything else in Candy Necklace. Legendddd!

who mixed this album cause damn… this is even worse than the cracking at the end of WFWF :awkney:

the clicking throughout fingertips, the saturated moments throughout the album, grandfather’s second half borderline unlistenable due to the bottom barrel mix… laura sisk you bitch 

4 hours ago, fl0r1dakil0s said:

guys..  :deadbanana:

this guy went all the way up to the mountains to experience ldr9 and live tweet his reaction and you can slowly see his battery dying and then he just stopped tweeting after fingertips.. i think his phone died so he only got to hear the slow and sad half of the album and now he's probably stuck on a mountain with no phone battery.. tragic ik but i can't stop laughing i'm imagining someone with headphones plugged in ready to experience the amazing new album from pop star lana del rey and halfway through.. BOOM 💥  STUCK ON A HUGE MOUNTAIN WITH NO ALBUM TO LISTEN TO AND NO PHONE  :thumb3:

omg he's so hot i want him real bad

I love this album and definitely think it is going to end up being a career defining one for her even if retroactively. Kind of how BTD was a bit ahead of its time. I can see this having a similar progression. Not necessarily to that extent because BTD was a complete overhaul of the music landscape. Just more so an album that isn't as appreciated upon initial release but will later be assessed as one of the staples in her catalog. I think from a fan perspective many get it but the critical standpoint is obv a little more divisive. 

5 minutes ago, DLT said:

every time she says Rockefeller my umbrella, chills! like that melody is just so beautiful. then to pair it with everything else in Candy Necklace. Legendddd!

It really is incredible in HQ. Although the part that haunts me, after each listen, is « You’ve been acting kinda restless… »