Chris Cuomo

Katy Perry

1 hour ago, details said:

nostalgia really is kicking some of y'all asses up because the lyrics and the video are both very stereotypically katy perry. it might not be good or particularly groundbreaking but it's definitely a katy perry project and you can tell. perhaps it's time to face the fact that maybe you don't find katy perry to be that good tbh… without the rose colored glasses on, are those songs from a decade ago really that different to woman's world? think about it :oprah7:

i think katys ALBUMS were never good, the album tracks and deep cuts pretty much suck aside from a few exceptions, even in teenage dream. but until witness she had pop perfection singles,  and womans world feels like one of the deep cuts from teenage dream, not like a good lead single.

the aesthetics though are classic katy perry, i dont hate them

The song is actually alright, but it sounds like another Dr Luke rehash with his same old production. I’m not sure this is the single that is gonna return her to the top, I think the general public have fresher pop singers that are around like Sabrina Carpenter and Chapelle Roan to feast on so this kind of feels stale in comparison. 

Arches are Illusions solid at first glance

Posted (edited)

Tucked is an underrated Katy Perry song, and is easily one of if not the best song from Smile… not counting the 2 standalone songs that were slapped on Smile.

Edited by DemonMic2003

4 minutes ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Tucked is an underrated Katy Perry song, and is easily one of if not the best song from Smile… not counting the 2 standalone songs that were slapped on Smile.

This!!!! The only song I listen to from Smile.

2.gif

For fucks sake, leave Capitol Records already. Too many yes-men and out-of-touch people wasting studio time and video budget on something so bland and in-comprehensive 

On 7/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, ChaoticLipster said:

She should go back to a more rock sound and nurture a smaller audience, she has much more potential than this drivel pop music. 

Seriously, even non-fans want to hear her rock side again. 

33 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Someone on Twitter said Katy Perry is the Gal Gadot of pop music and I agree :tiffany:

Not when Teenage Dream is one of the biggest eras of pop history and she will become the first woman to have double diamond single .

I'd be lying if I said I wasn't sick of it

pet96.gif pet96.gif pet96.gif

11 minutes ago, TRENCH said:

On 7/11/2024 at 8:05 AM, ChaoticLipster said:

She should go back to a more rock sound and nurture a smaller audience, she has much more potential than this drivel pop music. 

Seriously, even non-fans want to hear her rock side again

I second this… One of the Boys is honestly her best album… the title track, fingerprints, thinking of you, and a cup of coffee are insanely good. Teenage Dream and Prism are good though also, so not sure why some think she’s always been bad.

I'm inside of my own human body but I don't feel it yet

The song was boring and the video was classic-Katy Perry-level type of weird. I don't think that the album is going to be great either since I saw many people here criticizing the album snippets (although I haven't heard it).

She needs a stylistic change in music, I miss her rock era in her early career. I miss her old lyricism as well, she has great potential and she can write witty lyrics.

My favorite Katy song is probably You're So Gay and I don't really consider it homophobic like some people do, I like the weird beat and the playful lyricism - it had character in it, you know. I also love Legendary Lovers, it sounds somehow very fresh after eleven years. 

My unpopular opinion is that Witness is a better album than Teenage Dream and Prism because it was the first time in her mainstream career where she kind of tried to do different music outside her comfort zone but the era itself was executed very poorly (I blame her label for this) and the media's reception did not make it better. My only criticism of Witness is that the lyrics are little bit weird, it has a lot of clichés but I loved message in some of them like Chained To The Rhythm. Smile was a disaster, I do not like any songs there besides Tucked and maybe Harleys In Hawaii. I don't like Never Really Over because it sounds jarring for me. 

One Of The Boys remains unmatched, her best album and also one of the best albums of late 2000s.

2.gif

3 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

She's getting the acclaim she deserves :makeup:
image.png

Is it The Guardian's article?

2.gif

1 hour ago, DemonMic2003 said:

Smile literally has Harleys in Hawaii - the question is can she even top that song this era?

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

Just now, SalvaWHORE said:

Smile literally has Harleys in Hawaii - the question is can she even top that song this era?

I wasnt talking about this era lol. And i mentioned that i wasnt counting never really over and harleys in hawaii.

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Zedd album with these visuals oh NRO era please come back….

I literally never liked NRO and thought in 2019 she wouldnt release anything  worse than this.... and now we have Woman's World

NRO sounds even better than this.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing