fishtails

Newport, RI @ Newport Folk Fest - July 30th, 2023

Still be amazed by her wonderful Ballet acrobatics way to perform “hope is a dangerous thing for a woman like me to have”

Longer video of Hope! I love how she just gets dragged away at the end skkkk x

49093006537_7ae76bb4ce_o.jpg

• 4.18.14 • 5.1.14 • 9.20.14 • 5.28.15 • 6.14.15 • 7.28.16 • 7.24.17 • 10.23.17 • 10.24.17 • 1.25.18 • 2.5.18 • 12.5.18 • 10.3.19 • 10.11.19 • 11.16.19 •

SF • ATL • ATL • IND • ATL • CHI • LDN • NYC • NYC • DC • ATL • NYC • PDX • SAN • KS

28 minutes ago, taco truck said:

I still think there is going to be a tour either way

We need her to come to Arizona :pray2:

stars in my eyes

⊹˚⋆ 𝒃𝒂𝒃𝒚 𝒃𝒍𝒖𝒆𝒔 ‧₊°   

8 minutes ago, Elle said:

Longer video of Hope! I love how she just gets dragged away at the end skkkk x

the artistry..... I think this performance simbolizes a lot of things.. the guys reading?cia agents? and then she being carried away by two guys wearing white, and the white flannel they put into her.. i can't decipher it, but I know this has some deep meaning 

Since the first show of the tour, I've had this delusional idea that the show is not a concert in the normal sense, but is a self-curated juke box musical covering Lana's whole career (which is why there are pre-BTD images behind her, and she uses different wigs, etc). This version of Hope only adds to the delusion.

tumblr_ou8g76nUPp1ts8ukho1_250.png

Backstage

20230730-233224.jpg

20230730-233227.jpg

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

42 minutes ago, takemybreath said:

Backstage

20230730-233224.jpg

20230730-233227.jpg

364264936-135177256255352-66319097144971

363735227-1207143237352060-7182062198934

363897527-6228964447213152-1484513881257

364183180-1318328565747784-7989050865037

F2-VYFJt-WUAEKRHi.jpg

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

1 hour ago, honeymoon is alive said:

the artistry..... I think this performance simbolizes a lot of things.. the guys reading?cia agents? and then she being carried away by two guys wearing white, and the white flannel they put into her.. i can't decipher it, but I know this has some deep meaning 

I was thinking they are dragging her into an asylum with the "straight jacket" and guys in white coats.  I've been trying to connect the FBI agents to the story but everything I've come up with is a reach. For example, having the girls support her as the FBI questions her about her recent stalkers and if she recognized them and her becoming overwhelmed with the entire thing and the girls pulling her away.  How fame can drive you insane if you succumb to it but luckily for her she has hope and will continue to keep fighting.  I'm probably doing too much but I appreciate her artistry and storytelling and I hope she performs it again or we get a full performance. 

3 minutes ago, princessdivisive said:

I was thinking they are dragging her into an asylum with the "straight jacket" and guys in white coats.  I've been trying to connect the FBI agents to the story but everything I've come up with is a reach. For example, having the girls support her as the FBI questions her about her recent stalkers and if she recognized them and her becoming overwhelmed with the entire thing and the girls pulling her away.  How fame can drive you insane if you succumb to it but luckily for her she has hope and will continue to keep fighting.  I'm probably doing too much but I appreciate her artistry and storytelling and I hope she performs it again or we get a full performance. 

wow I actually love this interpretation. I had only thought abt her committing a crime, the fbi comes to her and she ends up being taken to a mental health institution. But yours make so much sense specially the girls being her own friends supporting her for whatever she’s going through part.

11 minutes ago, princessdivisive said:

yes this makes a lot of sense. I saw someone speculating that it could be about marilyn and that makes sense as well

29 minutes ago, honeymoon is alive said:

yes this makes a lot of sense. I saw someone speculating that it could be about marilyn and that makes sense as well

I love the Marilyn interpretation. I would have never thought of that but it makes sense. 

1 hour ago, princessdivisive said:

omg ~Behind the Iron Gates: Insights from an Institution~ must be coming soon ;)

Just saw the Hope performance.

Heartbreaking. It just doesnt get more moving than this.

The backup singers add a ton to an already amazing song. The theatrical performance isnt brilliant for sure, but the narrative progresses anyway. Im almost sure it has to do with her being convicted in an asylum, as some have already pointed. The FBI could be part of the police that custodies the very institution gates, and the guys in white seem like its medical personal. It looks like her trying to scape and getting sedated. Reminds me quite a lot of Emilie Autumn's "Mad Girl".