ethelcain

"Tropico" (Scrapped) Album Recording/Writing Timeline and Creative Process Discussion

People fighting over a technically imaginary album is so funny to me idk like this is all hypothetical 

imageproxy.jpg

oprah-what.gif

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

16 hours ago, Break Me Down said:

I wasn't going to put it there at first but Pink Champagne was recorded after Madly, on October 23, so i'm assuming  she scrapped Tropico and started working on Ultraviolence at least after Oct 23 2013

Didn't she film it in June or July? I don't think she would have considered the same title for the film and her upcoming album when the videos were clearly for Body Electric, Gods & Monsters and Bel Air

54 minutes ago, Super Movie said:

People fighting over a technically imaginary album is so funny to me idk like this is all hypothetical 

It's probably just a draft tracklist where she was working on most of the songs at the time but it's interesting, the only other thing we have like this is the one for Chemtrails. For this I'd be more interested to see what the tracklist looked like in March or April or a tracklist with songs like Madly just to see where she'd place them.

29 minutes ago, DinahLee said:

We NEED pussy to leak so we can get the Metafiles and find ALBUM TAG - TROPICO

while we absolutely need pussy to leak, i don't think i'd show up tropico on the metadata, it'd be too early for that. but you never know with lana 🤷‍♀️

5 minutes ago, kuntsugi said:

while we absolutely need pussy to leak, i don't think i'd show up tropico on the metadata, it'd be too early for that. but you never know with lana 🤷‍♀️

ye its absolutely Will not that was most likely a joke and id expect Cola to start from late 2011

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

7 hours ago, lanaismamom said:

it clearly was stop with that narrative! they were 2 absolutely different projects from the very start

Except, the only source you have for this is metadata (which can easily be manipulated) and scribbles on a note book that can pretty much mean anything.

We do know, however, that the film TROPICO (including Bel Air and Gods and Monsters) was already decided on in 2012 as per Lana herself. There is no solid evidence for any of this Tropico album nonsense. It's an urban myth.

4 hours ago, Super Movie said:

Exactly. People pretend like this was some real thing when no one (including leakers/hoarders) have any solid information about this.

3 hours ago, Crazy Husband Stealer said:

Except, the only source you have for this is metadata (which can easily be manipulated) and scribbles on a note book that can pretty much mean anything.

We do know, however, that the film TROPICO (including Bel Air and Gods and Monsters) was already decided on in 2012 as per Lana herself. There is no solid evidence for any of this Tropico album nonsense. It's an urban myth.

ok tropico denier

On 6/13/2023 at 9:06 PM, Break Me Down said:

The album was intended to come with a short film of the same name but after Lana realized the album wouldn't be ready in time, she decided to use the film's footage for visuals for her EP "Paradise"

Who said this  :deadbanana:  

so this is basically the sound we were going to get from this tropico project, listing all songs made from late 2012 - july 2013 (minus laptop demos), supposed time of cancelling this sonic direction and idea overall, green - leaked, red - unleaked

melancholia - november 22
i talk to jesus
mike
old money (demo)

money & power (demo)

2012-2013
lake placid
2 unknown songs listed on "tropico" tracklist
jfk (updated version)
earthquakes (final) (leaked version is demo)
guns n' roses (demo)

black beauty (first demo) - january 5
summertime - february 26
west coast (demo; later become radio mix) - april
cherry blossom - may 5
nectar of the gods - may 5
brooklyn baby (first demo) - june 1
unidentified flying bill - june
flipside - june
black beauty (leaked demo) - june
angels forever, forever angels (drums version) - june
living legend - july
if you lie down with me - july - ? (i suppose this song was made alongside living legend or near it)
more unknown songs made with barrie

unknown dates
angels forever (demo) (2013)
cult leader (2013)
dragonslayer (2013)
ave maria (was said to be supposed for ultraviolence with rick nowels after scrapping "tropico" idea)
hollywood (final; was said to be supposed for ultraviolence with rick nowels after scrapping "tropico" idea)

supposed tracks
elvis (listed on "tropico" tracklist, we dont know if she reworked this song)
pink champagne (first version) (leaked version is from october 2013 but i suppose this song existed in any form back in january 2013 since it was written on "tropico" tracklist)
i talk to jeses (2013) (i suppose there is another finalized version of this song that was made in 2013 for "tropico" project)
ultraviolence (demo; this version was supposedly made after scrapping "tropico" project)
angels forever, forever angels (final; this version was supposedly made after scrapping "tropico" project)
trans-am (supposedly doesnt exist as a song)
old money ("chaotic glory" demo) 
old money (jamie xx version)
black beauty (jamie xx version)