Embach

"Norman Fucking Rockwell" & "Chemtrails Over The Country Club" Album Recording/Writing Timeline + Creative Process Discussion

8 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

but where did he say not all who wander are lost was specifically one of the quieter songs they worked on during the norman sessions? while some songs from chemtrails seemed to come from the norman sessions, clearly the whole album wasn't written then and not all who wander are lost lyrically seems like something she wrote later about her relationship with sean unless there's a demo from those sessions that has completely different lyrics.

boz confirmed many times here, the first time was the following day after chemtrails was released that released versions of Yosemite and not all Who wonder are lost are original versions from lfl and nfr sessions respectively, and let me love you like a woman is a rework from uv times of a track called Pink champagbe, which is later was leaked and proved he was right

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

15 minutes ago, wilting daisy said:

but where did he say not all who wander are lost was specifically one of the quieter songs they worked on during the norman sessions? while some songs from chemtrails seemed to come from the norman sessions, clearly the whole album wasn't written then and not all who wander are lost lyrically seems like something she wrote later about her relationship with sean unless there's a demo from those sessions that has completely different lyrics.

He didn't talk about "Not All Who...", it's just my theory. But Honeymouns said that it's a NFR outtake. Idk about her relationship timeline with Sean but she had written Tulsa Jesus Freak (as White Hot Forever, she mentioned the song as an album name in August 2019) before she was seen/dating with Sean (mid-September 2019). And everybody thinks that TJF is about Sean (although since she didn't mention the song's title in the song, so she could've rewrite the title). Idk, maybe TJF is a NFR outtake too :mj:

url%5D

12 minutes ago, Embach said:

He didn't talk about "Not All Who...", it's just my theory. But Honeymouns said that it's a NFR outtake. Idk about her relationship timeline with Sean but she had written Tulsa Jesus Freak (as White Hot Forever, she mentioned the song as an album name in August 2019) before she was seen/dating with Sean (mid-September 2019). And everybody thinks that TJF is about Sean (although since she didn't mention the song's title in the song, so she could've rewrite the title). Idk, maybe TJF is a NFR outtake too :mj:

there's likely a demo called white hot forever that has the "white hot forever" parts of tulsa jesus freak that was reworked into the latter after meeting sean but we have no indication that there's an early version of not all who wander are lost that was also reworked after meeting sean. it is possible, i'm not denying that, but we have nothing to go off of except somwthing an "insider" said and i take everything thwy say with a grain of salt since half the timw they contradict what lana and her collaborators say. personally the only cotcc songs that were likely put together in their current form during the nfr sessions are let me love you like a woman, wild at heart & dark but just a game. but i do think its possible some hooks and choruses of other songs were worked on during the norman sessions but weren't fully formed til during/after the norman tour which begs the question: how much of a song has to be put together for it to be considered an actual outtake and not just a concept?

24928f7b69cee0fe13500ed529054686.gif

2 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

In the cock, in the cock, in the cockpit i'm your pilot 

Love Song (Darla's Version) (From The Vault) (10 Minutes Version) when?

url%5D

7 minutes ago, MrFameKills said:

In the cock, in the cock, in the cockpit i'm your pilot 

When I was a lurker during pre NFR, I thought these were real :lmao:

50 minutes ago, lanaismamom said:

we should rename this thread to to nfr and chemtrails discussion because im very inrerested what songs made chemtrails that are initiallay from nfr

:true:

𝒎𝒂𝒚𝒃𝒆 𝒕𝒉𝒆 𝒘𝒂𝒚 𝒕𝒉𝒂𝒕 𝒊'𝒎 𝘭𝘪𝘷𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒊𝒔 𝘬𝘪𝘭𝘭𝘪𝘯𝘨 𝒎𝒆

✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆. * : ✧ . : * : ☆ * ✧ ˖°. ⋆⭒˚。⋆ °.  ✧ ˖°

I think she started writing for Chemtrails and had songs like Chemtrails, TJF, and White Dress in 2019 because already had a concept forming and mentioned White Hot Forever as the title. If I’m not mistaken, it was after QFTC she kinda gave up on making new songs and just started reworking old stuff, I’m not sure about the timeline of Norman to Chemtrails, then stuffing Chemtrails with outtakes 

7 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

I think she started writing for Chemtrails and had songs like Chemtrails, TJF, and White Dress in 2019 because already had a concept forming and mentioned White Hot Forever as the title. If I’m not mistaken, it was after QFTC she kinda gave up on making new songs and just started reworking old stuff, I’m not sure about the timeline of Norman to Chemtrails, then stuffing Chemtrails with outtakes 

yes i remember shortly after nfr she said she started working on "white hot forever" that turned out to become COCC, so i'd say TJF is probably the first song made specifically for COCC.

Added COTCC to the thread!

7 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Could the melody of Valley of the Dolls have inspired the title track? They sound sort of similar. 

Regardless, I think it could’ve turned into a beautiful track and fit well on the album. 

Honeymouns said that Lana sent Valley To The Dolls to Jack or something.

url%5D

49 minutes ago, Jakk said:

Could the melody of Valley of the Dolls have inspired the title track? They sound sort of similar. 

Regardless, I think it could’ve turned into a beautiful track and fit well on the album. 

If you are talking about NFR (track), I'm absolutely sure Valley of the Dolls was some kind of demo to it. The chords are nearly the same and so is the melody.

I believe in Wanderlust being from NFR but it's so weird to me that NAWAL it's the same exact song from those sessions cause its nothing like NFR (lyrically and sonically).

I guess it's one of the quiet songs they did but she wanted to include it in NFR at first instead of Chemtrails for some reason :um2:

Also is it confirmed that the VB in Taco Truck is the real early beat driven demo? Cause I expected an early upbeat version of VB to be more surf-y (kinda like the final but more lively)but not trap :hide: but to be fair maybe they were just having fun in the studio and that's why it ended up being just a demo

giphy.gif