love you madly

Lana Songs You’d Like To See In ‘Priscilla’

so it’s no secret that lana is a fan of the love story of priscilla and elvis presley. she’s channeled priscilla’s aesthetics all throughout her career, with her earlier looks providing a glamorous representation of her key characteristics - large bee hive hair, striking eyeliner, gorgeous jewellery.

Sofia Coppola’s 2023 film focusing on the life of the starlet has sparked rumors of lana being included in the film in some way. perhaps through a channeling of her haunting, though, darling sound of the born to die era ? or a stunning piano ballad crafted from her more recent musical feats ? personally, i’m excited to see if some of lana’s older songs are fit into the film, i feel that songs like ‘yayo’, ‘lucky ones’, ‘on our way’, ‘SYTH’, and ‘madly’ would fit perfectly 

FzE94raWIAIGKSl.jpg

i get my boyfriend to pick me up every friday at the dairy queen

I feel Iike the obvious answer is something from Born To Die or Say Yes To Heaven, I’d love an original song in the film tho but I honestly doubt we’ll get one. 

I just want a LDR song in the film period

Also the hair in the poster sucks, we want big Priscilla hair lol, not a comb-over😭

8 minutes ago, Break Me Down said:

Hollywood's Dead :)

omg toward the end with some slow mo shots

giphy.gif

if i fuck this model and she just bleached her asshole and i get bleach on my t-shirt, imma feel like an asshole

2 minutes ago, Lanaparadiserey said:

Tbh I’m kinda disappointed. From what they showed, it seems kinda like a traditional interpretation of a story that has already been told, I expected something more like how the Marie Antoinette movie. I think the Elvis movie stayed more true to Priscilla’s iconic look (to be fair they really only showed her as an adult in like two scenes) but I’m not forming any opinions till I see it because I love Priscilla and Sofia Coppola

honestly, from the trailer, i’m super excited. i agree that the stereotypical narrative of priscilla and elvis has been overplayed and i really hope that sofia does something that makes her film stand out in that sense, although, thus far there hasn’t been much shown and so i’m keeping my hopes up ! my main concern from the start of shooting was that the gorgeous cinematography and aesthetics of sofia films weren’t going to continue, though i think it’s safe to say they’re as strong as ever :flutter:

9 minutes ago, love you madly said:

honestly, from the trailer, i’m super excited. i agree that the stereotypical narrative of priscilla and elvis has been overplayed and i really hope that sofia does something that makes her film stand out in that sense, although, thus far there hasn’t been much shown and so i’m keeping my hopes up ! my main concern from the start of shooting was that the gorgeous cinematography and aesthetics of sofia films weren’t going to continue, though i think it’s safe to say they’re as strong as ever :flutter:

Tbh I watched it again and changed by opinion majorly:sass: I actually feel really glad that this movie is actually about Priscilla and I trust Sofia to create a gorgeous film, it seems really pretty so far. I’m very hopeful. 

1 minute ago, ShadesOfFool said:

Is that the guy from euphoria that can’t act? 

(I know that doesn’t really narrow it down)

LOLLLLL YES, he plays nate 

14 hours ago, SoftwareUpgrade said:

Controversial, because it's a title track, but:

Our Honeymoooooon 🎶 

This song fit soooo much with the aesthetic Sofia is going 

Salvatore, Religion… All Honeymoon album would fit sm

1949, Trash Magic, Hollywood’s Dead, Yayo

The entirety of Honeymoon would fit so well, as well as American and Yayo imo.

On a non-Lana note, Kacey's Velvet Elvis would also be really cute: ''I need a Graceland kind of man who's always on my mind (...) Go out with you in powder blue and tease my hair up high''.

Those summer nights seem long ago
And so is the girl you used to call
The queen of New York City