Lana to be featured on 'Life Lesson' from Jon Batiste's new album - Out Now

2 hours ago, LBcita said:

what the fuck are you on about lmao? you're upset or not that I didn't give attention to the trolls by calling them out? obviously I'm not talking about people who merely dislike the song. I'm talking about #those people who - whether it's music, photoshoot, performance - get on this website ONLY to express how bad it is. or make stupid comments about head voice and composition that don't even make sense to make it seem like their hate posting is anything but nonsense

people who say things like:

“Imagine thinking Lana would have a creative spark with a Colbert sidekick who makes corny boomer music for people who think Macklemore is better than Kendrick Lamar”

“Another addition to Lana's ever-expanding piano ballad pile that I never touch”

“The song is MEH. Another quickly put together piano track with an not-so-interesting melody,  average vocals and unsurprising, safe arrangements”

“Oh please. That song is Lana on autopilot. It's more of a background noise than a song. Repetitive and boring.”

"I just think this “you guys hate lana now because you don’t like this aspect of some of her songs” is sooooo crazy." PLEASE tell me where I said that at all

Sorry, you ended up being the sacrificial lamb for my post lmao. My response was towards the last three pages on this thread, not directly you. You didn’t say that last sentence, but a lot of people say that. And i personally do think we just shouldn’t be giving those people attention, because they clearly thrive off it. 

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I've listened to it a few times + the album in its entirety and can definitely hear how with different production it could have been on Ocean Blvd.

Something about their voices together felt mismatched to me, way different than Candy Necklace and I think this song is also a bit different compared to the rest of his album.

I'm always here for the Sean slander though, love it :candy:

first listen was meh but it's grown on me a lot!! i really like it

that said i agree with the people talking about the vocals sounding mismatched. and "Never second guess yourself...Always listen to your heart" is an atrocious opening verse. without the context of the rest of the song i feel like i'm being preached to

18 hours ago, Orville Peck said:

is just a bonus track on a Jon Batiste album that none of you are going to listen to. Get over it.

I preordered a signed copy of it like a month ago lol.

My (unwanted and not asked for) Review:

I don’t mind the album. I am glad I ordered a physical copy as it will make a nice addition to my collection. I enjoyed Calling your name, Drink Water, Raindance (this is my drinking song at the moment lol it produces immaculate vibes when drunk), Butterfly (a sweet song. Kinda gives me the same comforting/warm blanket vibes as Vienna by Billy Joel) and obviously (yet unpopular) I enjoyed the Lana collab. It’s not the highlight of the album but it was an instant add to my Lana playlist after the first listen. 

I give it 6.9/10 ️ (although this will probably change as I am super critical of any new albums I listen to upon release. I need a month or so to come to a final rating)

11 hours ago, taco truck said:

Sorry, you ended up being the sacrificial lamb for my post lmao. My response was towards the last three pages on this thread, not directly you. You didn’t say that last sentence, but a lot of people say that. And i personally do think we just shouldn’t be giving those people attention, because they clearly thrive off it. 

nvm lbcita indulging again

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7jpqyd46ox5igmjru9y

23 hours ago, PARADIXO said:

What the fuck. This is one of the best Lana songs released in this decade. Their voices sound great, Jon sounds powerful. His piano playing as always mesmerizing. The lyrics are heartbreaking. I love their chemistry.

This is the only fandom I've ever seen to criticize even the smaller things, such as a non-single feature in another artist's album.

Now I need them to make a song for a movie and win an Oscar/Grammy together.

Jon’s piano playing is INSANE. Dude is seriously underrated. I’m so grateful for Lana collaborating with him for Candy Necklace because it led me to discover his music.

The journey ends with ‘Life Lesson’, as Batiste advises “Don’t second guess yourself” over crisp piano keys, right before frequent collaborator Lana Del Rey‘s vocals add a warm layer and a degree of gravitas to the song as she muses, “You’re happy until you’re not/ You’re icy until hot”, their words coming as the strings crawl upward before falling away placing the duo’s vocals on full display. The track is a sprawling and heartbreaking retelling of the predestined demise of a relationship with key arrangements that go rogue before the lyrics land on a final “Amen”.

NME 

This seems like the only review of the song. The album isn't getting well received lol :rip: Which is surprising considering he won AOTY, he's super respected and we live in a world where everyone gets positive reviews now.

I think it had potential because the lyrical content is interesting.. but it feels like not enough emotion was put in 

and Jon just feels like he needn’t have even been in the song.. he’s giving a total different vibe like greatest showman lol.. just clean cut and I struggle to see where his place is in the song?

I can understand why it was scrapped from tunnel if that was its original place 

S0F1O.gif
dancing all night to the dirty blues 

pic posted by zach dawes on instagram https://www.instagram.com/p/CwNdSwwLWws/

I met @jonbatiste 10 years ago playing a show with T Bone - he joined us on stage and I've been lucky enough to bask in his infectious energy ever since. Jon, thanks so much for having me on this one. Proud of you, your record and to call you a friend. Congratulations on an epic success. thx to @honeymoon 🖤 for throwing down. killer arrangement from @gwitcher recorded by @jasonwormer and Greg Koller mixed by @sharp_stick 🙏

368791072-253486567526594-79261327512054

1.jpg  3.jpg  2.jpg