Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

34 minutes ago, Embach said:

I need electric guitars n loud drums

loud drums like the ones in Pink Champagne :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

i want something spiritual/cinematic sounding (ex. bel air, life is beautiful, i can fly, affa) but there are a lot of things i would like to hear and i think the only thing i would be disappointed with is more songs like fingertips or sweet... :runs:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

1 minute ago, Embach said:

How many cover art and vinyl variants we'll have with this album? :um2:

2 cover art and 3-4 variants would be ideal imo. i just really want more interesting variants like a swirl or split or something other than a plain color :pft:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

I think that this album will have another legendary song like A&W, Venice or White Dress :smile:

And I think that this album will definitely have pianos and acoustic guitars but honestly I'm not complaining!

url%5D

I'm kind of more curious to hear what she's going to be writing about now; it seems like she has written her way through a few big life themes in her art and progressed to a new headspace again, so it will be interesting to see what subjects she'll be exploring these days. I think that more automatic songwriting and improvisation will be used heavily in the music to come. I also think there will be a distinct idgaf energy

Cry Kill Die

1. Baby Won't You Call Them Cops On Me

2. Cry Kill Die

3. Invite (feat. Doja Cat)

4. Those Gucci Bitches in Hawaii

5. Pantyhouse Thriller

6. Dangerous Girl

7. I'm Not In A Hurry

8. Nikita

9. Cherry Lipstick 

10. 4Ever Young In Paradise

11. Hot Like The Tropics

12. Lights, Camera, Acción

13. Peaches x TT

A 90s erotic thriller inspired femme fatale revenge trap/hip hop/trip hop album would be such a vibe

17 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

I hope this album has a consistent sound and aesthetic, OB is good but it's not cohesive at all

:wub: thats what makes OB excellent. 

if it has a consistent sound it would all sound the same. That's the problem people had with Chem and HM.

21 minutes ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

I hope this album has a consistent sound and aesthetic, OB is good but it's not cohesive at all

I don’t think Ocean Blvd isn’t cohesive, the album flows pretty well when listened to all at once (expect for the interludes). Also I do understand how it can be jarring to go from Fingertips to Peppers if listening on the randomizer.  

6 hours ago, Jukebox Sweetheart said:

I loved her cohesive albums but can’t complain about more « messy » ones either. But I’m not sure she’ll go into the « super cohesive » direction, based on an interview she gave this year (where she said she wasn’t oriented on « world-building » and more on putting together on an album songs she likes). 
besides, I relistened to lot of her unreleased lately and she often leaves on the cutting room floor her most « pop » songs, which is a shame. 

i personally like cohesive albums, but i don't mind less cohesive ones as well, they offer way more variety which is also a very good thing! for me i think it really depends on the mood i'm in and what i want to listen to in that specific moment, so honestly, whatever LDR10 will be like, i will eat it up either way :true:

꧁ღ⊱♥ i lost my reputation, i forgot my truth, but i have my beauty and i have my youth ♥⊱ღ꧂

BRILLIANT.gif

10 hours ago, honey dew said:

I'm kind of more curious to hear what she's going to be writing about now; it seems like she has written her way through a few big life themes in her art and progressed to a new headspace again, so it will be interesting to see what subjects she'll be exploring these days. I think that more automatic songwriting and improvisation will be used heavily in the music to come. I also think there will be a distinct idgaf energy

Yeah same. I wonder if writing really personal and heavy songs made her want to switch it up thematically or if it motivated her to continue down that diaristic path.

She's probably going to still use her automatic writing/singing style but that kind of freestyle can give us such different songs like PWYC and Fingertips :krylie:

giphy.gif