Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

I wouldn’t want Lana to do songs that are shopped around and she had no input on the lyrics (like God is a woman, The Middle, Anyone) but if it’s a cover of a song that means a lot to her, I wouldn’t mind it (if it’s good- if it’s like For Free…). 

i want a mazzy star cover

edit: now that i'm thinking about it, while i would always love a fade into you cover, i think quite the winter harbor or look on down from the bridge could be amazing

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

3 minutes ago, Candy Necklace said:

I wouldn’t want Lana to do songs that are shopped around and she had no input on the lyrics (like God is a woman, The Middle, Anyone) but if it’s a cover of a song that means a lot to her, I wouldn’t mind it (if it’s good- if it’s like For Free…). 

Of course she'd have input on the lyrics. She'd probably edit the f. out of them as she's a stronger writer than anyone.

It's more about shopping for a song that's upbeat musically, really. If Tame Impala, for example, wrote a song for her that's a bit more on the fun side and she wrote the lyrics with Kevin Parker together - imagine the fire.

I'm just kind of done with "lowkey" style music. I don't want mellow trap bops, I don't want phoned in piano ballads, I don't want simplicity like Paris, Texas either. I LOVE ballads and piano if done dynamically, like Grandfather. Give us DRAMA like the first half of A&W. I want her to go dark, no matter what the instrumental backing is. Of course I'd love some UV style grit but I don't think it's likely... though surely she'll get bored of the mellow piano ballad style soon enough

Just now, barttttender said:

Of course she'd have input on the lyrics. She'd probably edit the f. out of them as she's a stronger writer than anyone.

It's more about shopping for a song that's upbeat musically, really. If Tame Impala, for example, wrote a song for her that's a bit more on the fun side and she wrote the lyrics with Kevin Parker together - imagine the fire.

Okay then yeah, I would be here for that. That’s kinda like how her working relationship with Jack started. He came with the chords for Love Song and she wrote the lyrics almost immediately

15 minutes ago, White Dress said:

I'm just kind of done with "lowkey" style music. I don't want mellow trap bops, I don't want phoned in piano ballads, I don't want simplicity like Paris, Texas either. I LOVE ballads and piano if done dynamically, like Grandfather. Give us DRAMA like the first half of A&W. I want her to go dark, no matter what the instrumental backing is. Of course I'd love some UV style grit but I don't think it's likely... though surely she'll get bored of the mellow piano ballad style soon enough

Love it, or hate it, she's just done with bombastic music. If she's sticking with Jack for the foreseeable future (which seems to be the case, unfortunately), I'd rather he sticks to piano tunes and stops using that cheap ass 2$ drum set.

4 hours ago, Thunder Revenant said:

The delusion of thinking that Peppers - a song that consists of asynchronous layered harmonies and babbling for one third of its runtime - could have been a charts track 💀

the delusion of thinking that with some good promo and push from the label, this magnificent track couldn’t have charted :oprah3:

gLoD.gif

gLoH.gif :beyonce:

9 minutes ago, White Dress said:

Yeah, some people have started referring to her recent work as "background music". I hate it but they have a point. Given how lowkey a lot of the songs are. I still love them (white dress and ob in top 10). But god i hope she gets out of her lowkey phase soon and shows more grit like aw

17 minutes ago, barttttender said:

He's busy making music with Dulla Peep now, and as much as I want this to happen, it seems very unlikely. They're quite literally on opposite ends of the music spectrum.

6 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Love it, or hate it, she's just done with bombastic music. If she's sticking with Jack for the foreseeable future (which seems to be the case, unfortunately), I'd rather he sticks to piano tunes and stops using that cheap ass 2$ drum sets that creates those tinny beats that sound like electronic farts. 

i just really don't think this is true and i think it's weird to say this when we literally had quite a few "bombastic" songs on the last album:crai:

16 minutes ago, White Dress said:

A&W shook me. I need to be shaken more...

6 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i just really don't think this is true and i think it's weird to say this when we literally had quite a few "bombastic" songs on the last album:crai:

Bombastic is a vibe as well as a well rounded/layered production, songs featuring some type of beats aren't necessarily bombastic. A&W is the most bombastic song we've gotten in like four albums. Fishtails and Peppers should've been relegated to unreleased material. :tsk:

8 minutes ago, West Coast said:

Bombastic is a vibe, songs featuring some type of beats aren't necessarily bombastic. A&W is the most bombastic songs we've gotten in like four albums.

i agree with the first part. but i would consider songs like venice bitch, cinnamon girl, fiily, dealer, a&w, peppers, taco truck, and even grandfather and the greatest to be more "bombastic' songs. i don't think she's done with it, and i also think we literally never know where she is at creatively until she tells us or we get a single. 

to me a "bombastic" (i wish jack never uttered that word) song is something that feels grand or cinematic, and i think lana could very well go back to making a full album of songs like that. i just don't see why anyone would think that's out of the question when we probably would not have expected to get a song like a&w or fishtail on ocean blvd.

A&W had that shocking effect that I've missed from some of her latest releases 

I think that she should just experiment a bit more and get out of her current comfort zone

𝑳𝒊𝒇𝒆 𝒊𝒔 𝒃𝒆𝒂𝒖𝒕𝒊𝒇𝒖𝒍 𝒃𝒖𝒕 𝒚𝒐𝒖 𝒅𝒐𝒏'𝒕 𝒉𝒂𝒗𝒆 𝒂 𝒄𝒍𝒖𝒆

15 minutes ago, taco truck said:

i agree with the first part. but i would consider songs like venice bitch, cinnamon girl, fiilly, dealer, a&w, peppers, taco truck, and even grandfather and the greatest to be more "bombastic' songs. i don't think she's done with it, and i also think we literally never know where she is at creatively until she tells us or we get a single. 

Well agree to disagree, I'm just citing an example here (before anyone concludes that I want her to repeat that feat), I think that Born to Die is a perfect example of bombastic production. Not saying that the tracks you mentioned don't feature bombastic elements, I just think that it's not Jack's forte, or his way of doing it sounds a little too unpolished and unfinished. 

Just now, Deadly Nightshade said:

A&W had that shocking effect that I've missed from some of her latest releases 

I think that she should just experiment a bit more and get out of her current comfort zone

ya tbh i think the last time i was that excited for a lana release was nfr :toofunny: i hope she saw how good the reception was for a&w and felt more inspired to step out of her comfort zone, i remember in an interview she said she didn't even want to release it as a single because she thought it was too weird, but her friends loved it so she did, and it was probably her most well-loved single release since mariners and venice bitch lol