Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

20 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

something different, how about an album where each song is no longer than 3 minutes?

Now why would you want that

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

songs that are very short (1-2 minutes) exist because of pathetic, corporate tiktok trends since apparently nowadays people don't have the attention span for anything longer than 2 minutes, we don't want that, we want lana to continue making art that's for the purpose of actually creating something artistic and meaningful, not for money or mainstream attention... also longer songs are just simply the best, some of my favorite songs from many artists are long songs, i feel like it's because the artist has to actually make the song especially good, if the song is 8 minutes long, it has to prove itself worthy of being that long

idk i just fucking love long songs :isee:

edit: not saying that short songs CAN'T be good or made solely for the purpose of just creating art, obviously many demos are short, and many songs from the 50s and 60s were short, probably because of limits in technology or how much music could be on a vinyl

ezgif-1-9fe66f8123

She's been using the Lizzy Grant visuals alot this year, so a new album full of Kill Kill, Gramma, QOTGS would be absolutely gorgeous and I can see it performing comercially better than BB/Chem

Zodiac needs to be polished and on LDR10 or we will not be streaming:bye:

Spoiler

jk but I do really want zodiac:icant:

3bd05eb1685d7f9b53b154c4195388d9.gif

❀˖° ⋆.ೃ࿔ this is my idea of fun °❀⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

but less than 3 min (or 4) would be an interesting challenge. what would she change, how would she structure the songs, what would she leave out? I think her shortest song so far is Cherry with exactly 3:00 and it's not that bad. Most songs on aka are no longer than 4 min (three under 3 min).

She needs to do something avant garde for LDRX

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

10 hours ago, Nectar said:

On one hand I want LDRX to be something special, something that would cement her as one of the most influential artists in the 21st century music industry, but on the other hand I want LDRX to be an experimental album where she explores all of the music genres (kinda like her first few albums where she was just trying stuff out), just so we can see what she's capable of pulling off.

Also I want a song of similar nature to Another lonely day / Playground.

I don't think that someone could describe my inner opinions about unreleased lana songs so accurately as this:

❤️

I really want her to do a rap / hip hop song. It wouldn't match with her vibe from COTCC and BB but it would be fun.

Singin' in the old bars
Swingin' with the old stars
Livin' for the fame

59 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

but less than 3 min (or 4) would be an interesting challenge. what would she change, how would she structure the songs, what would she leave out? I think her shortest song so far is Cherry with exactly 3:00 and it's not that bad. Most songs on aka are no longer than 4 min (three under 3 min).

Actually, it's White Mustang (2 mins, 44 secs). Cherry is 3 min. Doin' Time is close at 3:22.

Personally, I wouldn't mind a shorter record with about 12 3-min songs, as long as they're upbeat.

Lana doing 3 min ballads is never gonna be in the cards, White Mustang is an anomaly in her discography,.