Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

8 hours ago, barttttender said:

it's funny - 4 albums in with Jack (counting Violets) and zero hits on Billboard 100 as a solo artist. Meanwhile, an unreleased with Rick drops and it's charting for 3 weeks - longest since High by the Beach. Something's fishy with that.

We know he can make hits for Taylor etc. not inplying he's not pulling the weight, they're collabs are fire, but I wonder if lana would have bigger songs if she got back w rick or hayne

The songs that song Rick did on NFR are the least listened to on that album. The majority of people also don’t seem to care that much about Yosemite or Cherry Blossom. Yes to Heaven was an outlier since it had already blown up on Tik Tok before it was even released, so it was kind of guaranteed to chart. It doesn’t matter what producer she works with, if her songs aren’t promoted and released at the beginning of a tracking week. 

3 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

The songs that song Rick did on NFR are the least listened to on that album. The majority of people also don’t seem to care that much about Yosemite or Cherry Blossom. Yes to Heaven was an outlier since it had already blown up on Tik Tok before it was even released, so it was kind of guaranteed to chart. It doesn’t matter what producer she works with, if her songs aren’t promoted and released at the beginning of a tracking week. 

I CARE ABOUT YOSEMITE AND CHERRY BLOSSOM:paris:

i want her to showing i'm so random personality in terms of sound and lyrics. chaotic, unhinged, many switches up, transitions, random moments, quirky vibe, absurdal funny lyrics. album like that would be iconic. :true:

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

it's funny - 4 albums in with Jack (counting Violets) and zero hits on Billboard 100 as a solo artist. Meanwhile, an unreleased with Rick drops and it's charting for 3 weeks - longest since High by the Beach. Something's fishy with that.

We know he can make hits for Taylor etc. not inplying he's not pulling the weight, they're collabs are fire, but I wonder if lana would have bigger songs if she got back w rick or hayne

NFR is currently her third most streamed album (just short  behind UV), was on top of many year-end-lists and got a grammy nomination. Chemtrails and Ocean Blvd had good critics and Ocean Blvd is one of the best selling female albums in the US this year as far I know. Also Chemtrails vinyl broke a sale record in UK 2021.

11 minutes ago, Crazy for You said:

I CARE ABOUT YOSEMITE AND CHERRY BLOSSOM:paris:

Me too! They are just both songs that people were crazy about before they were released and then went mostly ignored when they were actually released. 

38 minutes ago, LifeOnMars said:

I love Yosemite and cherry blossom!!:defeated:

but I get what you mean

Lana-del-rey-happy GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝚒𝚗 𝚝𝚑𝚊𝚝 𝚖𝚘𝚖𝚎𝚗𝚝 𝚒 𝚍𝚎𝚌𝚒𝚍𝚎𝚍 𝚝𝚘 𝚍𝚘 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐, 𝚊𝚋𝚘𝚞𝚝 𝚎𝚟𝚎𝚛𝚢𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗𝚐

9 hours ago, barttttender said:

Let's not get carried away. syth was dropped on a Friday. A&W debuted in the bubbling under chart while it was released on a Tuesday. Plus SYTH was super popular on tiktok and the Gram. If A&W had the same playlisting and announcements it would've gotten Top 50 BB100 easily.

2 hours ago, Veinsineon said:

Oup. Look at how you devoured

Devoured nothing

1 hour ago, LifeOnMars said:

so, it's Ben's fault then? Just curious how this works.

13 minutes ago, barttttender said:

so, it's Ben's fault then? Just curious how this works.

Why do you care about the charts or promo or hit songs though. This isn't a race lol. Lana's music and how she wants to publish it is all about Lana, these are her wishes and we need to respect that. She isn't held hostage, don't worry about that.

also omfg i just found out that care and race are anagrams

url%5D

1 hour ago, Psychedelic Pussy said:

A new album w Jack full of just upbeat songs would destroy the charts idc

omg imagine an album packed with songs like doin' time, national anthem, radio, high by the beach, music to watch boys to, etc.

yes i know antonoff didn't produce any of them lol, but antonoff plus lana's lighter mood = diamond 💎

The people that produced/worked on Candy Necklace & Let The Light In and throw some Rick Nowels songwriting/bridges in there. 

8bb387ee878eddeb23baea344d4e13af.gif

33 minutes ago, barttttender said:

omg imagine an album packed with songs like doin' time, national anthem, radio, high by the beach, music to watch boys to, etc.

yes i know antonoff didn't produce any of them lol, but antonoff plus lana's lighter mood = diamond 💎

I’m unmanifesting this :runs:

Today I'm manifesting some random cool weird shit:

Industrial metal album :oprah4:

Long form visual movie directed by Lana Del Rey :oprah4:

An album where each song had a long ass shocking bridge :oprah4:

Psychedelic jazz songs :oprah4:

Chaotic themes :oprah4:

90s trip hop vibes :oprah4:

Screaming :oprah4:

High quality crystal clear vocals :oprah4:

Honeymoon original concept disco album vibes :oprah4:

1920s NOIR JAZZY SULTRY ART DECO DAVID LYNCH VIBES :oprah4: