Elle

LDR10 - Pre-Pre-Release Thread

15 hours ago, ultrabanisters said:

people bringing up mitskis new album being quite americana and country esque so i really hope lana listens and gets drew to do some work on the record or some inspo in general :oprah:

i don’t usually like country sounding records but mitski has blended some elements in really well with the indie folk-ish sound and it’s heavenly. i can really see lana going in that direction tbh :et:

mitski sounds always the same for me... love a couple of songs tho, but sounds the same.... :pft:

2 hours ago, Vertimus said:

'Americana' broadly used as a term means nostalgic 'symbols' of America past, like gas stations, doo-wop, Elvis, car washes, push-up bras, young men hanging out on the corner, argyle socks, bowling, Route 66, classic cars, family road trips, poodle skirts, Mount Rushmore, the Mississippi River, bootleg whiskey, the Everly Brothers, Walt Disney, riverboats, beehive hairdos, the Depression and the Dust Bowl, flappers and the Roaring 20s, suffragettes, the 50s suburbs, diners, "Where hamburgers sizzle on an open grill night and day," cotton candy, the Twist, "I found may thrill on blueberry hill," Stuckeys, cowboys, covered wagons, famous candies like wax lips, hula-hoops, folk art paintings, jug bands, famous carnival rides, etc. Lana clearly understands all of that! I'd love to hear her do Chuck Barry's 'Back in the USA.' 

We have to keep in mind that Lana said she thought of 'Ride' as a country song or potential country song, so that might be a clue. 

basically the whole lana discography... 

3 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Do you think she chose Americana symbols like Hollywood or Marilyn Monroe on purpose for that reason, not because she's into old movie stars or something, but because they have that symbolism?

I think it could be both. In her video for "candy necklace" the allusion is direct; as if it were a metamorphosis of the endangered American woman who does not end up flourishing, due to the dark side of the American dream. Basically, ending up dead. 

3 hours ago, Vertimus said:

We have to keep in mind that Lana said she thought of 'Ride' as a country song or potential country song, so that might be a clue. 

lana is so funny honestly :lmao: we can't trust her to describe her own music 

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

18 minutes ago, bluechemtrails said:

Do you think she chose Americana symbols like Hollywood or Marilyn Monroe on purpose for that reason, not because she's into old movie stars or something, but because they have that symbolism?

Probably both. She said recently she loves Marilyn as a person not only as an icon and old movie star so I guess it's the aesthetic but also everything surrounding that era and all the different lives those artists had.

giphy.gif

20 minutes ago, cherrytropico said:

lana is so funny honestly :lmao: we can't trust her to describe her own music 

Ride and Video Games described as "potential country songs" is totally accurate though. Their melodies definitely have that twang.

2 minutes ago, PARADIXO said:

Ride and Video Games described as "potential country songs" is totally accurate though. Their melodies definitely have that twang.

they do have a country twang - thought she was talking sound wise. i don't care what the sound/genre for ldr10 is as long as we get beautiful melodies like that

we’re gonna party like it’s 1949

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀  ⠀          ⠀     :¨ ·.· ¨:

⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀ ⠀⠀   ⠀                  `· . ꔫ

to be honest, Lana has that ability that no artist has - she is able to turn any genre into HER genre as long as she is fully ambitous and really wants to GO FOR IT.  I dont care if it's "country" music, as long as it's not "Breaking up slowly" kind of country. If it's "Ride", "Dance Till We Die",  "Wild at heart" kind of country then im all in.

And speaking of country, its not like Lana will do a traditional 'conservative' boring white Christian music, i know she will put her own twist into that to make Lana's own country music. For example: im thinking of she can do something like Grimes' "Delete Forever" - which she classified it as "space-country" or Madonna's Music era - country meets psychedelic pop and electronic, which makes u feel like ur doing acid while listening to it.

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

1 minute ago, SalvaWHORE said:

to be honest, Lana has that ability that no artist has - she is able to turn any genre into HER genre as long as she is fully ambitous and really wants to GO FOR IT.  I dont care if it's "country" music, as long as it's not "Breaking up slowly" kind of country. If it's "Ride", "Dance Till We Die",  "Wild at heart" kind of country then im all in.

8 hours ago, Embach said:

Her fans hating country music is so funny, not gonna lie :ma: it's not like she's going to deliver generic ass yeehaw white old man Republican type beat country music about donkeys eating hay. There's always depth in her music. She even called Video Games and Ride country songs.

i totally agree. not the biggest country fan but her version of country/americana is a lot different than what most people would consider country.at first i was a little skeptical but hearing stand by your man and seeing what she considers country/americans im totally in. she takes genres and makes her own version which is something i’ve always loved about her and also why i think she’s such a strong artist. i think it’s going to lean more towards americana rather than yeehaw. i love seeing her explore different styles and i trust her direction

giphy.gif?cid=2154d3d7gqsj2bjkxgmq77zi79zc36i0w705phy1th23hnvz&ep=v1_gifs_search&rid=giphy.gif&ct=g

⁺.⊹ ࣪ ˖  𝒸𝒶𝓉𝒸𝒽 𝒶 𝓌𝒶𝓋𝑒 𝒶𝓃𝒹 𝓉𝒶𝓀𝑒 𝒾𝓃 𝓉𝒽𝑒 𝓈𝓌𝑒𝑒𝓉𝓃𝑒𝓈𝓈 ₊˚.༄

Just now, Embach said:

when she does heavy metal songs but calls them americana :oprah4:

When it's Dealer-coded

@WHORE OF TROPICO   ⇨   @SALVAWHORE             

Pokemon Eevee GIF - Pokemon Eevee Flower - Discover & Share GIFs                                   evee-dancing.gif

Bring Me That Horizon — ianime0: Pokemon XY | Eevee Dancing

4 hours ago, WhiteHot4ever said:

mitski sounds always the same for me... love a couple of songs tho, but sounds the same.... :pft:

people saying this gives the same as when people say “all lana songs sound the same” :xgiggle:

resident sweeter

giphy.gif

24/7/17 - 9/7/23 - 10/7/23

2 hours ago, SalvaWHORE said:

When it's Dealer-coded

Fuck I need more songs like Dealer

Mm9Nf5Z.gif

"I want to stay home, be left alone- Someone make up my mind so I don't have to decide"

https://www.last.fm/user/fakeeyelash13- my last fm <33

When she focuses on the cunt in country :oprah4:

OiUHEXQ.jpg

Swan Song. It’s on my album Honeymoon. It’s the antithesis of hopefulness. It’s about trying to find beauty in giving up. If I had my way, I would continue to persist in all areas of my life, but it can be quite challenging because I can be too trusting too soon.":sadcore2: